Windows 10: Extra partitions created by Windows 10

Discus and support Extra partitions created by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded the iso and installed 10 over 7, doing the clean install option instead of an upgrade. After everything setup, I noticed some extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alley Cat, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Alley Cat Win User

Extra partitions created by Windows 10

I downloaded the iso and installed 10 over 7, doing the clean install option instead of an upgrade. After everything setup, I noticed some extra partitions were created that 7 did not have. Both are on my main C: drive. One is 450 MB labeled "Recovery Partition". After that on the same drive is a 16 GB primary partiton. What are these for? I can guess that maybe the recovery partition has to do with backups, but what is the 16 GB partition after for? Both of them currently show as empty right now. Also, I noticed that my System Restore has been assigned a letter (D*Smile. This was not normally done in previous versions. Is there a reason for it now, or could I remove it and assign D: to my data drive? I'm attaching a screenshot to show what I mean.

Extra partitions created by Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Alley Cat, Jul 30, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Unnecessary Recovery Partitions left after Windows 10 1709 Feature update

'ReAgentc.exe /info' does't show the current windows partition in my Windows 10 laptop, I would like Microsoft's full support and advice on this extra recovery partitions created after a feature update issue.

TonyThuitai, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Extra partitions created by Windows 10

1. Extra partitions created by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Extra partitions created

2. How to install windows 10 on a gpt partition without any other extra partitions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install windows 10 on a gpt partition without any other extra partitions?: Basically just a single partition if possible please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-10-on-a-gpt-partition/e84da07d-c585-456d-b606-8e3353ffbd73
  3. Upgrading W10 Pro 1909 to 20H2 creates an extra partition on my SSD

Upgrading W10 Pro 1909 to 20H2 creates an extra partition on my SSD: Just upgraded my ThinkPad T450s from 1909 to Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) allowing Windows to do its own thing through Windows Update - no major problems, just typical niggles. However, I seem to have an extra partition on my 1 TB Crucial SSD I've created images...
  4. Extra partitions

Extra partitions: I have upgraded Windows 10 multiple times from previous builds to current 1903. I see multiple hidden partitions have been created over the upgrades, and read that most of these are Recovery partitions. I know the first 450 MB one is the one created during the first...
  5. Windows 10 Create partition

Windows 10 Create partition: After installing windows I create a new partition but justly go on dynamic mode how to resolve this type of problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-create-partition/a446f778-007d-4085-b585-76854a2ba401
  6. Create partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Create partition: Any guide on create partition ? 124529
  7. Macrium finds extra partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium finds extra partition: I did a backup and I noticed that Macrium shows 5 partitions while disk management shows 4 partitions, at least graphically. What is that 3rd 128 mb partition about shown in Marcrium. Is it okay to leave it there/leave it be? [img] [img] 84314
  8. Extra Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Partition: I think I have an extra partition. Can I remove it? [img] The 500MB is the recovery partition from my Win 10 UPGRADE install, BUT now it's marked as a primary partition. Because I reinstalled Win 10 through Windows, not clean install, and got the 450MB partition which...
  9. Extra partitions

Extra partitions: In ADMIN TOOLS|COMPUTER MGMT|DISK MGMT the following are listed... C: 952 GB "healthy recovery partition" 450 MB (the box is shaded) "healthy recovery partition" 449 MB D: 909 GB How can I get rid of the recovery partitions (or at least one, if the other is...
  10. Windows 10 Home has created an extra partition (Local disk 'F'), why?

Windows 10 Home has created an extra partition (Local disk 'F'), why?: I recently built a new computer and installed Windows 10 Home and ideally I would have had the following: Operating System (C), Games (D) and Everything Else (G) - C and D on my SSD and G on my HDD. However, after the install, a disk 'F' appeared on my SSD and has the...