Windows 10: Extra partitions

Discus and support Extra partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In ADMIN TOOLS|COMPUTER MGMT|DISK MGMT the following are listed... C: 952 GB "healthy recovery partition" 450 MB (the box is shaded) "healthy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by borgus, Nov 14, 2015.

1. borgus Win User

Extra partitions

In ADMIN TOOLS|COMPUTER MGMT|DISK MGMT the following are listed...

C: 952 GB
    "healthy recovery partition" 450 MB (the box is shaded)

"healthy recovery partition" 449 MB
    D: 909 GB

How can I get rid of the recovery partitions (or at least one, if the other is required) and reclaim the unused space for C: ?

Thanks

:)

borgus, Nov 14, 2015

2. Extra Drives and Partitions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to know about what will happen to the files and programs installed on your computer, after you upgrade to Windows 10.

I would like to inform you that the files and programs installed on your computer will not get effected, when you upgrade to Windows 10. However to be on safer side, I suggest you to take backup of your data before upgrading to
    Windows 10.

Note: If you perform Clean installation on your computer to upgrade to Windows 10, all the data on your hard drive shall be lost.

I suggest you to refer the Windows 10 Microsoft help, to know more about Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

Get Started with Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Extra Drives and Partitions

Upgrading to windows 10

I have a C drive with the Operating System, Programs and some other normal file folders both personal and system.

I also have a D drive that is partitioned into 8 other logical drives that are dedicated to topical data storage. Such as Finance, Family, Home, Work etc

I also have a Network drive on the router that is used as backup.

Is it expected that this drive structure will migrate successfully with the Windows 10 upgrade or do I need to do something extraordinary?

countycook, Nov 14, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Extra partitions

If your sure you don't need it, MiniTool Partition Wizard will allow you to fix and repair that partition. Its Free.....

http://www.partitionwizard.com/parti...FcQRHwodVPgPZw

OldMike65, Nov 14, 2015
  5. borgus Win User
    Many thanks. The issue has been resolved with a similar tool, EaseUS partition master (free HOME version).

borgus, Nov 14, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Great!!! Glad you fixed the problem borgus *Thumbs

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Extra partitions

1. Extra partitions - Similar Threads - Extra partitions

2. How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11: So, I installed Ubuntu alongside my Windows 11 OS on my D drive just for practice. I'm now trying to uninstall it and I'm almost done, but I'm trying to delete this last EFI partition on my D drive which wasn't there prior to the ubuntu install.My windows EFI partition on my...
  3. How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete extra empty EFI Partition on Windows 11: So, I installed Ubuntu alongside my Windows 11 OS on my D drive just for practice. I'm now trying to uninstall it and I'm almost done, but I'm trying to delete this last EFI partition on my D drive which wasn't there prior to the ubuntu install.My windows EFI partition on my...
  4. How to install windows 10 on a gpt partition without any other extra partitions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install windows 10 on a gpt partition without any other extra partitions?: Basically just a single partition if possible please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-10-on-a-gpt-partition/e84da07d-c585-456d-b606-8e3353ffbd73
  5. Upgrading W10 Pro 1909 to 20H2 creates an extra partition on my SSD

Upgrading W10 Pro 1909 to 20H2 creates an extra partition on my SSD: Just upgraded my ThinkPad T450s from 1909 to Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) allowing Windows to do its own thing through Windows Update - no major problems, just typical niggles. However, I seem to have an extra partition on my 1 TB Crucial SSD I've created images...
  6. Need help deleting extra EFI partitions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help deleting extra EFI partitions.: After installing/trying multiple distros I have a lot of EFI/Recovery partitions in my Drive, I want to delete all but the windows one as I looking to clean/organize my drive. submitted by /u/ArVtheBest [link] [comments]...
  7. Do I have extra hidden partitions

Do I have extra hidden partitions: This drive is currently an SSD, but has been migrated from a spinner. The image goes back to Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10 Retail, and I'm wondering if I have some hidden partitions that I don't need. I don't recall actually creating a recovery partition, since...
  8. Extra partitions

Extra partitions: I have upgraded Windows 10 multiple times from previous builds to current 1903. I see multiple hidden partitions have been created over the upgrades, and read that most of these are Recovery partitions. I know the first 450 MB one is the one created during the first...
  9. Just installed Win 10. Did I wind up with an extra unknown partition?

Just installed Win 10. Did I wind up with an extra unknown partition?: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 to a fresh SSD. When I look at the drive in disk management I get three partitions as shown below: [img] However, when I use Macrium Reflect to create a backup image I get four partitions as shown here: [img] The system seems...
  10. Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October: After and upgrade from MS in October I noticed my computer was becoming sluggish and a number of documents in files had disappeared. I save all documents on external "F" Drive. After upgrade, my "F" symbol was changed to "G", and now my external drive is "G". I didn't...