Windows 10: Extra pc at home

Discus and support Extra pc at home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded my main Win 10 PC with a new motherboard and processor for graphic work. I thought I could put my old motherboard in a case and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GarthHorsfield, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Extra pc at home

Hi, I just upgraded my main Win 10 PC with a new motherboard and processor for graphic work. I thought I could put my old motherboard in a case and keep it for emailing and web stuff as I don't want to clutter up my new one. Do I have to buy another copy of Windows for that? If so, how much is that going to sting me?

:)

GarthHorsfield, Sep 17, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Extra pc at home

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Extra pc at home

1. Extra pc at home - Similar Threads - Extra home

2. Message Purchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 but as of today it has not been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message Purchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 but as of today it has not been...: MessagePurchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 a month but as of today it has not been applied to my laptop.My bank account has been debited $1.99.for the for the first month. Please look into this.Thank you,LSG...
  3. Message Purchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 but as of today it has not been...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Message Purchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 but as of today it has not been...: MessagePurchased extra storage on 4/11/24 for $1.99 a month but as of today it has not been applied to my laptop.My bank account has been debited $1.99.for the for the first month. Please look into this.Thank you,LSG...
  4. Windows 11 does not recognize my extra monitors since it was installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize my extra monitors since it was installed: Windows 11 does not recognize my extra monitors since it was installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-does-not-recognize-my-extra-monitors/90e79894-fb95-4bb0-beb2-92ca9dbd9611
  5. Windows 11 does not recognize my extra monitors since it was installed

Windows 11 does not recognize my extra monitors since it was installed: Windows 11 does not recognize my extra monitors since it was installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-does-not-recognize-my-extra-monitors/90e79894-fb95-4bb0-beb2-92ca9dbd9611
  6. Microsoft Store apps install quicker now and with extra Telemetry

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store apps install quicker now and with extra Telemetry: Microsoft launched Microsoft Store installers for web over the weekend to improve Microsoft Store application installs. The feature improves the process of downloading and installing apps like Microsoft PC Manager from the Microsoft Store website, but it comes with a...
  7. How to revoke extra screen time provided to child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to revoke extra screen time provided to child: You can revoke extra time given in the Xbox family app so I see no reason as to why this cannot be done in the Microsoft app. Please can you add this necessary function!!...
  8. why do extra screens keep randomly popping up on the right some times having code and some...

why do extra screens keep randomly popping up on the right some times having code and some...: why do extra screens keep randomly popping up on the right some times having code and some times not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-extra-screens-keep-randomly-popping-up-on/89b80463-2783-441b-9a8e-b17ae7ea53eb
  9. Extra Mouse Button Opens File Explorer (Win 10 Home)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Mouse Button Opens File Explorer (Win 10 Home): Hi everyone, (MSI Clutch 08 Gaming Mouse) I got my new gaming mouse today and the software that came with the mouse doesn't have button configuration. By default, Mouse 4 opens File Explorer. However, I cannot find a way to unbind that function nor change it in Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 Home has created an extra partition (Local disk 'F'), why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home has created an extra partition (Local disk 'F'), why?: I recently built a new computer and installed Windows 10 Home and ideally I would have had the following: Operating System (C), Games (D) and Everything Else (G) - C and D on my SSD and G on my HDD. However, after the install, a disk 'F' appeared on my SSD and has the...