Windows 10: Extra recording device only with the playback of one program?

Discus and support Extra recording device only with the playback of one program? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, is there a program that allows you to have an extra recording device on your PC, but which only plays the sound from a specific program? This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 4234fdssafr24, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Extra recording device only with the playback of one program?

Hey,

is there a program that allows you to have an extra recording device on your PC, but which only plays the sound from a specific program? This means that if I have selected this recording device, it will only record the sound from one program. I want to select a microphone in a game, but it only plays the sound from one program. I would be very grateful if someone knew if there was something.

:)

4234fdssafr24, Jun 21, 2020

2. Frequent switching of playback and recording devices

Windows 10 user for a bit and have been seeing this as an 'issue' for quite a few versions of Windows.

I have x3 recording and x2-3 playback devices installed.

Recording

• Logitech Webcam (USB)
    • Plantronics Headset (USB)
    • Blue Yeti Pro (USB)
    Playback

• Bose Speakers (Speaker port on Dell touchscreen)
    • Plantronics Headset (USB)
    • Earbuds (headphones port - not always plugged in)
    Most are hardwired and one has a Bluetooth connection capability (Plantronics). I find myself often switching from one device to another, depending on the situation - recording, listening to music, taking a phone call, etc.

The current switching process is a bit cumbersome - right click the speaker in the taskbar, select playback or recording device and then picking whichever device. I find myself going thru this process x2-5 a day given whatever I am doing

It would seem to me that an app or icon / button selector would be ideal. Anyone aware of an app or device that might accommodate my need?

StevenGroves, Jun 21, 2020
  3. JOSHSKORN Win User
    How can I record playback audio and mic?

I've actually managed to my problem, just by Googling...after finally figuring out what to Google.

Problem: Using Audicity, I wanted to record audio of myself singing karaoke. Sound inputs

• YouTube video playing from Google Chrome
    • G933 Logitech Headset (or any USB mic for that matter)

Two applications required for this. Download these two apps. When installing, make sure you Run As Administrator for each. Install each app, then reboot your PC.

In Windows 10

1. Go to Control Panel>Sounds>Playback and Set CABLE Input as your Default Playback device. Verify that you now have these three additional Playback Devices:

• CABLE Output
    • VoiceMeeter Aux Output
    • VoiceMeeter Output

1. Go to the Recording tab and Set CABLE Output as your Default Recording device. Verify that you now have these three additional Recording Devices:

• CABLE Output
    • VoiceMeeter Aux Output
    • VoiceMeeter Output

In Audacity (Preferences>Settings>Devices):

• Host: MME
    • Playback Device: VoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio Voi
    • Recording Device: VoiceMeeter Output (VB-Audio Vo
    • Channels: 2 (Stereo)

Open Voice Meeter Banana (use the Search box next to the Start button) and change these settings:

• HARDWARE INPUT 1: MME: CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual
    • HARDWARE INPUT 2: MME: Set it to your desired microphone. I used Microphone Logitech G933 Gaming). For this hardware input, select A1 to deselect it. Otherwise, you will hear your voice playing through your Speakers/Headset.
    • HARDWARE OUT: Click A1 and select MME: <your output device>. In my case, MME: Speakers (Logitech G933 Gaming)

To test: Go to Youtube, find a video to play. Go to Audacity. Click Record, then go back to your YouTube video and click play. You should see the sound meter go up and down, in accordance to the track you're playing. Additionally if you speak, you will see your mic's meter rise and fall, as well. Stop the recording when finished. Note that to hear the newly recorded track's audio, you may have to change your Playback sound to your desired device. It i also important to note to reset your Playback device once exiting VoiceMeeter Banana, to your desired audio output device. This can be done by selecting the sound button on your System Tray.

JOSHSKORN, Jun 21, 2020
  4. spriggs Win User

Extra recording device only with the playback of one program?

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Extra recording device only with the playback of one program?

1. Extra recording device only with the playback of one program? - Similar Threads - Extra recording device

2. Windows Screen Recorder doesnt work on extra device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Screen Recorder doesnt work on extra device: Hello,I bought the Windows screen recorder 11 on my personal laptop, but I can use it on my work laptop. Is the annual fee per device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-screen-recorder-doesnt-work-on-extra/5e3e1c61-6d71-451f-8b04-78e35c73d15b
  3. Windows Screen Recorder doesnt work on extra device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Screen Recorder doesnt work on extra device: Hello,I bought the Windows screen recorder 11 on my personal laptop, but I can use it on my work laptop. Is the annual fee per device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-screen-recorder-doesnt-work-on-extra/5e3e1c61-6d71-451f-8b04-78e35c73d15b
  4. Gamebar recording / playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamebar recording / playback: Hi. Can anyone help with my kids pc. He uses gamebar to capture clips of his games. And the last week or so hes not been able to play them back. Just gets a pop up saying format not supported. Im not sure if they are even recoding but the timer is moving . Thanks...
  5. Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices: Hello! Today, I was playing SCP: Secret Laboratory. After I finished, I went and made tea. When I came back much later to play some more, I found that the in-game voice chat was not working for me; my microphone was not transmitting in-game. Looking into my Steam settings, I...
  6. USB Headphones not available as playback or recording device

USB Headphones not available as playback or recording device: I have a brand new HyperX Cloud II USB gaming headset with a microphone. It does not show up as either a playback or recording device. The only available output device is Realtek Digital Output. I have run the troubleshooter in the settings --> sound. The devices are not...
  7. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.: Whenever I use my Game DVR and record something on my Windows 10 computer the audio playback is picking up my voice from my monitor and NOT my headset, how do I get it to playback from my headset microphone? ***Changed Original Title From: Capture Voice Problem***...
  8. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices: So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc.. And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either. Would anybody...
  9. Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.)

Headsets not appearing in sound devices (Recording, Playback, etc.): I use an Acer Aspire with a hard drive pulled from a new Asus gaming laptop. Ever since making the change, every headset which I connect via the 3.5mm audio port have not appeared in the sound devices panel, although I can still hear sounds on my computer through them,...
  10. Disable a Playback Device for a certain program?

Disable a Playback Device for a certain program?: Hello good people, First off, Windows 10 on an XPS 15 9560 - 7700k My question stems from a bit of annoyance, and not necessarily a problem... Basically, I want to disable the Speakers/Headphones device for only one program, Battlefield 1, because I use Bluetooth...