Windows 10: Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October

Discus and support Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After and upgrade from MS in October I noticed my computer was becoming sluggish and a number of documents in files had disappeared. I save all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by crikeymate, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October

After and upgrade from MS in October I noticed my computer was becoming sluggish and a number of documents in files had disappeared.

I save all documents on external "F" Drive.

After upgrade, my "F" symbol was changed to "G", and now my external drive is "G". I didn't change it from "F" to "G".

During a search I found another partition recorded as "F" Recovery. I now have two recovery partitions. The "F" Recovery has lost recorded on it.

Why was "F" stolen from me as my external drive and resubsituted with "G" and why I now have "F" as a "recovery"

:)

crikeymate, Nov 8, 2018

2. Factory Recovery to Win 8 and upgrade to Win 10 created extra Recovery Partition

I did a return to Win 8 . That extra Recovery partition no longer exists AND I have full access to the drive (439 gb). Also, only 29 gb of spacer used for the OS and HP apps. See image.

Thus problem does have something to do with upgrading to WIn10. Any suggestions?

Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October a13420df-4f41-4563-af39-99b96d86529e.png

Vene Yates, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Win 7 sys. recovery partition

Ok everytime I install an OS I reformat the hdd and delete all partitions. When Win 7 is fully installed it creates it's own "system recovery" partition. But this time it didn't*Confused Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October :confused: I know how to create partitions, so can I create one for the recovery and will the os recognize it as a recovery partition?

t77snapshot, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October

UNKNOWN EXTRA RECOVERY PARTITION AFTER FEE UPGRADE AND A FURTHER SUPPORT DOWN BUILD UPGRADE RECENTLY SEP 2016

tis is same pc however a clean install of win 8.1 was done and last free upgrade of win 10 worked except for backup not being available. so it appeared microsoft had corrected the previous issues.

however this is pc that had free upgrade with no issues except backup not being available that was then installed with a different build of win 10 by microsoft support.

backup is now available but will not complete always shows a error which may be connected to extra partitions it now has.

3 boot partitions. 100 , 300 and a 450 MB partition.
    100mb is EFI partition other two are
    two recovery partitions.

there is another two partitions one being the c data area and the other being the ssd cache area to speed up use of ssd.

samanthabaylis, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October

1. Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October - Similar Threads - Extra Recovery Partition

2. Windows Recovery Partition after Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Recovery Partition after Upgrade: Seems every time Windows does a major upgrade it adds another recovery partition.They aren't that large by them selves but add them up to over 1 gb. I can really use that space.Can anyone explain this?James[Original Title: Another Partitions Question]...
  3. Windows Recovery Partition after Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Recovery Partition after Upgrade: Seems every time Windows does a major upgrade it adds another recovery partition.They aren't that large by them selves but add them up to over 1 gb. I can really use that space.Can anyone explain this?James[Original Title: Another Partitions Question]...
  4. Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Recovery Partition appeared after upgrade Win 10 October: After and upgrade from MS in October I noticed my computer was becoming sluggish and a number of documents in files had disappeared. I save all documents on external "F" Drive. After upgrade, my "F" symbol was changed to "G", and now my external drive is "G". I didn't...
  5. help required to delete the extra recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    help required to delete the extra recovery partition: I had purchased an HP laptop that came with windows 8. This was upgraded online to v 8.1 and then to windows 10 and subsequently to the feature updates of Windows 10. When checking (yesterday) with disk management I found there were three recovery partitions apart from the...
  6. Extra Partition

Extra Partition: I think I have an extra partition. Can I remove it? [img] The 500MB is the recovery partition from my Win 10 UPGRADE install, BUT now it's marked as a primary partition. Because I reinstalled Win 10 through Windows, not clean install, and got the 450MB partition which...
  7. Extra partitions after SSD boot drive upgrade

Extra partitions after SSD boot drive upgrade: I upgraded my SSD boot drive from a 128GB to Samsung 850 Pro 256GB. I used the Samsung Migration Tool as instructed. Now I seem to have an new FAT32 100MB partition, a new OTHER 16MB partition, a missing OTHER 128MB partition and a non functioning and I believe much smaller...
  8. Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete extra recovery partition, folder, and marker?: I have a system that started life with a fresh Windows 10 64-bit preview build installed on a blank drive with only one partition. This was later upgraded (using the "not keep any data" option) to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit release. The system drive now has a "Recovery" folder in...
  9. After Upgrade to Win 10 - Is Recovery Partition Useful?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Upgrade to Win 10 - Is Recovery Partition Useful?: Now running Win 10 Pro 64bit. Just did an in-place upgrade from Win 7 Pro. Seems to have worked fine - but I'm still testing.... This is an HP PC which came with Win 7 and there is a recovery partition on the system disk. Is this recovery partition of any use now that...
  10. Delete recovery partition after upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete recovery partition after upgrade?: I upgraded a HP notebook to Win10 Home from Win 8.1. I would like to remove the OEM recovery partition. The Disk Management console shows the EFI partition, then the system partition (C), then a recovery partition of about 7GB. There is no Delete or resize option available on...