Windows 10: Extra screen and two desktops

Discus and support Extra screen and two desktops in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; At work I have two monitors, the computers and one extra. Just now, they gave me a new computer, a thinkpad X1. With my macbook, the extra monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SKDINH, Aug 8, 2022.

1. /u/SKDINH Win User

Extra screen and two desktops

At work I have two monitors, the computers and one extra.

Just now, they gave me a new computer, a thinkpad X1.

With my macbook, the extra monitor would open an independent desktop on its own but the thinkpad X1 can not have separate desktops with the extra screen, both monitors always show the same desktop. Is it possible to have:

Monitor 1 show desktop 1

Monitor 2 show desktop 2?

submitted by /u/SKDINH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SKDINH, Aug 8, 2022
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 8, 2022
  3. TIGR Win User
    Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

TIGR, Aug 8, 2022
  4. Extra screen and two desktops

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Extra screen and two desktops

1. Extra screen and two desktops - Similar Threads - Extra screen desktops

2. Multiple display of two desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple display of two desktop screen: I have extended my screen into another screen and I am using two desktop in my laptop. How can I see one desktop screen in laptop and another desktop screen in another screen. At present I am only able to share one same desktop screen into another screen and whenever I change...
  3. Multiple display of two desktop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple display of two desktop screen: I have extended my screen into another screen and I am using two desktop in my laptop. How can I see one desktop screen in laptop and another desktop screen in another screen. At present I am only able to share one same desktop screen into another screen and whenever I change...
  4. Two files on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two files on desktop: I download lots of images from the web. Each time I do lately I get two files appearing on my desktop. One looks like a place holder, the other is the image icon. I just have to right click my desktop and choose Refresh and then the combine into one file.What settings do I...
  5. Two files on desktop

Two files on desktop: I download lots of images from the web. Each time I do lately I get two files appearing on my desktop. One looks like a place holder, the other is the image icon. I just have to right click my desktop and choose Refresh and then the combine into one file.What settings do I...
  6. How do you remove extra desktop

How do you remove extra desktop: I have a desktop window extra, which I want to get rid of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-remove-extra-desktop/a75e80de-0cfb-400d-a5c6-70c7f6d68862
  7. extra mouse cursor on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extra mouse cursor on screen: Yesterday an extra fixed mouse cursor appeared in about the center of the screen. The regular cursor the moves with the mouse shows up blinking when the mouse moves and then disappears. Sometimes I can click to select items and sometimes not. I have pursued solutions through...
  8. Two Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Desktops: Something very odd happened today. A new desktop appeared on my screen which was about 1 year old. The desktop I was using yesterday is saved on OneDrive but how do I replace the old desktop with the one I was using yesterday? This is puzzling I am using Windows 10 64bit...
  9. VPN issues: extra clicks to disconnect + two minor questions

in Windows 10 Support
    VPN issues: extra clicks to disconnect + two minor questions: 1# When I click on the 'network' icon in the system tray it list possible connections (like a VPN), but these seem broken. I cant click on them or right click on them. Nothing happens (left click will bring up the standard VPN page but not connect or as me to connect). Are...
  10. How are you supposed to use extra desktops?

in Windows 10 Support
    How are you supposed to use extra desktops?: Hi I don't quite get the add desktops thing. I open the desktop and add another one, then what. If I put different Icons on it does it persist indefinitely so two different used could have different desktops? If it's going to do that it seems like it should be...