Windows 10: Extra screens when icon dragged over edge of screen

Discus and support Extra screens when icon dragged over edge of screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I move an icon to the edge of my screen and then off the screen to left or right, a new screen slides into view and two dots briefly appear at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robfuscate, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Extra screens when icon dragged over edge of screen

If I move an icon to the edge of my screen and then off the screen to left or right, a new screen slides into view and two dots briefly appear at the bottom of my screen.

NOTE: these are not the screens that Task View shows as they have no icons on them, just the background image.

What is this and how do I turn it off?

:)

Robfuscate, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Gmail and full screen

I use w10 and Edge is main browser.

When I open my Gmail icon on desktop, it WILL NOT open full screen, I have to drag to full screen.

I have tried to drag, file, exit, as suggested, but next time I try, same again, 1/2 screen.

frenchman96, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Extra screens when icon dragged over edge of screen

lost my Edge icon and printer icon on my desktop

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following steps:

• Type Microsoft edge in the search bar, right click on the Microsoft Edge and select
      Pin to start option.
    • Click on the start icon and, drag and drop the Microsoft Edge icon from the start screen onto the Desktop.
    • Same Step 1 and Step 2 follows for the Printer icon.
    Follow the below walk around if the issue persists:

You can search the Microsoft Edge and Printer from the place where your OS is installed (Like C:\) then you can right click on those file and select
    Create shortcut option.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Extra screens when icon dragged over edge of screen

1. Extra screens when icon dragged over edge of screen - Similar Threads - Extra screens icon

2. When will maximize-window-when-dragged-an-item-over-the-task -icon work again in W11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will maximize-window-when-dragged-an-item-over-the-task -icon work again in W11?: In W10 it was possible to drag an item, e.g. a file over an item in the task bar and the corresponding program would then maximise and come to the front, so the user could drop the item in the target program. In W11 that no longer works. Will this feature ever be integrated...
  3. When will maximize-window-when-dragged-an-item-over-the-task -icon work again in W11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will maximize-window-when-dragged-an-item-over-the-task -icon work again in W11?: In W10 it was possible to drag an item, e.g. a file over an item in the task bar and the corresponding program would then maximise and come to the front, so the user could drop the item in the target program. In W11 that no longer works. Will this feature ever be integrated...
  4. Dragging windows across screens is inconstantly broken when dragging windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragging windows across screens is inconstantly broken when dragging windows: When I try to drag a window across screens with a high DP mouse the window and cursor get stuck on the edge of the screen. It won't let the cursor across into the next screen while dragging the window. With a lower DP mouse it works fine. I have All 6 sub settings under "Snap...
  5. Dragging windows across screens is inconstantly broken when dragging windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dragging windows across screens is inconstantly broken when dragging windows: When I try to drag a window across screens with a high DP mouse the window and cursor get stuck on the edge of the screen. It won't let the cursor across into the next screen while dragging the window. With a lower DP mouse it works fine. I have All 6 sub settings under "Snap...
  6. Extra screen and two desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extra screen and two desktops: At work I have two monitors, the computers and one extra. Just now, they gave me a new computer, a thinkpad X1. With my macbook, the extra monitor would open an independent desktop on its own but the thinkpad X1 can not have separate desktops with the extra screen, both...
  7. Desktop icons are arranged; then icons are scattered all over the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are arranged; then icons are scattered all over the screen: I arrange my desktop icons the way I want them. Then, all of a sudden they are all scattered! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-arranged-then-icons-are/aeb1c870-6590-42ca-ab03-8865bdbd4dff
  8. Why do windows maximise if they touch the edge of the screen when being dragged around?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do windows maximise if they touch the edge of the screen when being dragged around?: One 'feature' of Windows that is incredibly annoying is when you have a window that has been reduced in size and is being dragged around the screen. If it touches the edge of the screen it immediately jumps back to full screen. When click to reduce its size again, it goes...
  9. extra mouse cursor on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extra mouse cursor on screen: Yesterday an extra fixed mouse cursor appeared in about the center of the screen. The regular cursor the moves with the mouse shows up blinking when the mouse moves and then disappears. Sometimes I can click to select items and sometimes not. I have pursued solutions through...
  10. Possible to disable the large icon over pointer when dragging files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to disable the large icon over pointer when dragging files?: I love Windows 10 but this may be the most annoying feature so far for me and I have no clue how to turn it off. I've searched online and all results concern windows 8/7/vista... and not only were there no real solutions but there is nothing about Windows 10. Never...