Windows 10: Extra small disk partition since update...

Discus and support Extra small disk partition since update... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since I received the latest update over last weekend, a new small (un-named) partition has appeared at the end of my 'C' Drive - see attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Peter B, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Peter B Win User

Extra small disk partition since update...

Since I received the latest update over last weekend, a new small (un-named) partition has appeared at the end of my 'C' Drive - see attached screenshot. Previously there was only a single partition containing all files.

Can anyone explain what it is and is it essential, please?

:)

Peter B, Nov 16, 2015

2. problems with disk management

That 127MB partition is the
    MSR
    so best not to touch it. Same with the recovery partition,
    ESP
    etc. For obvious reasons the OS doesn't want you tinkering with them so just leave them alone.

The 3 extra tiny bits of unallocated space (1MB, 1MB, 3.07MB) shown by Partition Master aren't 3 extra partitions but just small gaps between partitions, probably for partition alignment purposes. They're so tiny that you can simply ignore them since they
    aren't costing you any great deal of useful disk space.

tl;dr: Everything seems to be fine with your current partition layout so don't try to fix what's not broken.

RobertJWin, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

Guys I have just looked at the setupact.log and I am really confused. It's saying the partition is too small and it's not the computers boot disk. I don't have any extra USB's or SD cards plugged in so what is it trying to boot to?

Grant Kidd, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

Extra small disk partition since update...

1. Extra small disk partition since update... - Similar Threads - Extra small disk

2. Partition is too small

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition is too small: I reset my old hp laptop and Windows didn't reinstall so I went to install it manually with a usb and every time I try installing it I get to this screen: And no matter what I do I can't get past itHere is a picture of the error message if that helps:...
  3. Extra partitions

Extra partitions: I have upgraded Windows 10 multiple times from previous builds to current 1903. I see multiple hidden partitions have been created over the upgrades, and read that most of these are Recovery partitions. I know the first 450 MB one is the one created during the first...
  4. Partition is too small

Partition is too small: I am installing Windows 10 on a laptop. Everything was going fine until I tried installing on "Drive 0 Unallocated Space". It gives me the "Windows cannot be installed on this drive. When I click details it reads, "This partition is too small. Make the size of this partition...
  5. Extra drive (partition) after update 1803

Extra drive (partition) after update 1803: So I updated to 1803 today, and afterwards I suddenly have an extra 'Local Disk D:'. When I click on it, there is nothing in there, but Windows keeps nagging me it is full and I need to clean it. But the cleaning app does not find anything either on the drive. I restarted...
  6. Extra partition visible in 'This PC' after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra partition visible in 'This PC' after update.: I had the same thing happen to me on my NVMe production PC. I used MiniTool Partition Wizard (MTPW) (free version). Same kind of approach: right-click on improper volume, select "Change Letter" from pop-up menu, then select "None" as the letter to be assigned. I know this...
  7. Macrium finds extra partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium finds extra partition: I did a backup and I noticed that Macrium shows 5 partitions while disk management shows 4 partitions, at least graphically. What is that 3rd 128 mb partition about shown in Marcrium. Is it okay to leave it there/leave it be? [img] [img] 84314
  8. Extra Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Partition: I think I have an extra partition. Can I remove it? [img] The 500MB is the recovery partition from my Win 10 UPGRADE install, BUT now it's marked as a primary partition. Because I reinstalled Win 10 through Windows, not clean install, and got the 450MB partition which...
  9. Extra partitions

Extra partitions: In ADMIN TOOLS|COMPUTER MGMT|DISK MGMT the following are listed... C: 952 GB "healthy recovery partition" 450 MB (the box is shaded) "healthy recovery partition" 449 MB D: 909 GB How can I get rid of the recovery partitions (or at least one, if the other is...
  10. Extra large icons too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra large icons too small: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Home edition on a laptop. When I select "extra large icons" in WindowsExplorer the spacing increases but the thumbnail size stays the same as for"large icons". I have tried all the suggested fixes from the net, but nonehas worked. These...