Windows 10: Extra taskbar appears right above my normal task bar

Discus and support Extra taskbar appears right above my normal task bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, When I use the remote desktop with my laptop docked into my monitors, an extra taskbar appears on one monitor; see the attachment for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NotADoctor, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Extra taskbar appears right above my normal task bar

Hello All,

When I use the remote desktop with my laptop docked into my monitors, an extra taskbar appears on one monitor; see the attachment for a screenshot. The problem only exists when I'm docked.

Has anyone ever experienced this before and possibly know how to solve it?

Thank you!

Extra taskbar appears right above my normal task bar [​IMG]

:)

NotADoctor, Aug 13, 2019

2. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared in the taskbar:

This wastes space on the taskbar. I would rather use that space to display other things. I only want the floating language bar, but I can't find settings anywhere to remove the taskbar langage display.
    If I minimize the floating language bar, I end up with both language bars on the taskbar:

Any suggestions?

This is Windows 10 64-bit. I just installed Cumulative Update 1803, but this problem has existed for at least a few weeks.

ChochoYubi, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

Right click Taskbar, select Taskbar settings. Under Notification area, select Turn system icons on or off:

Turn off Input indicator:

4. Extra taskbar appears right above my normal task bar

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Extra taskbar appears right above my normal task bar

1. Extra taskbar appears right above my normal task bar - Similar Threads - Extra taskbar appears

2. Line Appearing Above Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line Appearing Above Taskbar: recently I did a factor reset and when I was downloading my apps. I noticed that there was a line above my taskbar. I'm wondering if it's a bug or it's normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-appearing-above-taskbar/1cdc7914-ec20-495a-bd28-d312d379db7b
  3. Line Appearing Above Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line Appearing Above Taskbar: recently I did a factor reset and when I was downloading my apps. I noticed that there was a line above my taskbar. I'm wondering if it's a bug or it's normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-appearing-above-taskbar/1cdc7914-ec20-495a-bd28-d312d379db7b
  4. Unknown transprent screen is appearing above my taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown transprent screen is appearing above my taskbar.: Hello Sir,I am Siddhant Poddar from India Chhattisgarh . I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2 OS Build 22000.556.Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.556.0 When i update windows 10 to windwos 11 after some time of operating the system shows a unknown small...
  5. Unknown transprent screen is appearing above my taskbar.

Unknown transprent screen is appearing above my taskbar.: Hello Sir,I am Siddhant Poddar from India Chhattisgarh . I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2 OS Build 22000.556.Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.556.0 When i update windows 10 to windwos 11 after some time of operating the system shows a unknown small...
  6. Problems with task bar and bar above

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with task bar and bar above: While playing the task bar is shwoing up and this bar above with closeing button and minimalising button. I play on Windows 11 and I don't know how to fix it :...
  7. Problems with task bar and bar above

Problems with task bar and bar above: While playing the task bar is shwoing up and this bar above with closeing button and minimalising button. I play on Windows 11 and I don't know how to fix it :...
  8. Extra Task Bar Buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extra Task Bar Buttons: I got on my laptop and suddenly my task bar has extra buttons and when i press windows it comes up with a weird menu. When I press anything on touch screen it brings up an on screen keyboard. Also I cant have apps in front of the other apps. pictures below anyone have a fix?...
  9. Extra task bar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extra task bar icons: Acer F5-571 This laptop does not have a tiny green light indicating that HDD is doing something. Difficult to know what's going on, if at all and if the comp is idle. Also no icon on taskbar indicating if the wifi-internet is working except the standard dish like solid...
  10. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra language bar appearing in taskbar: I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared...