Windows 10: extra unwanted language in my language bar same as windows 10 language ISO file came with

Discus and support extra unwanted language in my language bar same as windows 10 language ISO file came with in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. With mistake I downloaded windows 10 English International from windows 10 Microsoft download page which is equivalent for English United Kingdom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FirstTransformer, Oct 20, 2018.

1. extra unwanted language in my language bar same as windows 10 language ISO file came with

Hi.

With mistake I downloaded windows 10 English International from windows 10 Microsoft download page which is equivalent for English United Kingdom Keyboard Layout

I should Have downloaded windows 10 English to use US keyboard layout

Now I have added English US keyboard and removed English UK From Language Preference Settings.

Also I changed my region from United Kingdom to United States and my Windows display Language is English United States now.

The First time it removed English United Kingdom Layout From my language bar,

However English UK has been added to my language Bar later,automatically.

Despite the fact language preference settings doesn't show English United Kingdom anymore, It just shows English United States;

So I can't remove English UK Layout from my language bar.

I use Persian keyboard too, so it means I have three language in total,the UK layout is unwanted and makes trouble for me when switching language.

Other than reinstalling windows with a fresh windows 10 English, normal US version; ISO File

Do you know where is the registry Entry I should change so that UK layout won't disturb my switching between Languages.

Besides the " @ difference between US and UK, switching between 3 language I make mistake If I have switched to language I want or not. Also when browsing I can't use shortcuts like Ctrl+1 Ctrl+2 to change language since Chrome browser itself as Example use these shortcuts to switch tabs

Thanks.

:)

FirstTransformer, Oct 20, 2018

2. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared in the taskbar:

extra unwanted language in my language bar same as windows 10 language ISO file came with [​IMG]

This wastes space on the taskbar. I would rather use that space to display other things. I only want the floating language bar, but I can't find settings anywhere to remove the taskbar langage display.
    If I minimize the floating language bar, I end up with both language bars on the taskbar:

extra unwanted language in my language bar same as windows 10 language ISO file came with [​IMG]
    Any suggestions?

This is Windows 10 64-bit. I just installed Cumulative Update 1803, but this problem has existed for at least a few weeks.

ChochoYubi, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Can't remove extra language in language bar

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre for Directly, Oct 20, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

extra unwanted language in my language bar same as windows 10 language ISO file came with

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

extra unwanted language in my language bar same as windows 10 language ISO file came with

1. extra unwanted language in my language bar same as windows 10 language ISO file came with - Similar Threads - extra unwanted language

2. Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...: I am using Windows 11 with English as the input and display language. I don't have Bangla as my language choice in my settings. But, I don't know how it automatically comes to my language bar! and not only this, the language is often found to switch automatically even if I...
  3. Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an unwanted Language from language bar and Restrict automatic language switch in...: I am using Windows 11 with English as the input and display language. I don't have Bangla as my language choice in my settings. But, I don't know how it automatically comes to my language bar! and not only this, the language is often found to switch automatically even if I...
  4. Unwanted Input language in language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted Input language in language bar: So I noticed that, when I open that small keyboard bar in the right bottom corner, I have 2 input languages shown, which I haven't added. Now, I know how to remove them, but the problem is here:1. These 2 languages are shown in that small keyboard layout boxSo CroatianBosnia...
  5. Unwanted Input language in language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Input language in language bar: So I noticed that, when I open that small keyboard bar in the right bottom corner, I have 2 input languages shown, which I haven't added. Now, I know how to remove them, but the problem is here:1. These 2 languages are shown in that small keyboard layout boxSo CroatianBosnia...
  6. Unwanted language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted language: Hi, i have a problem in my windows, an unwanted languagechinese treditioanl tiwan added to my languages and i cant see it on windows settings to delete it. i tryed deleting the language from registry editor but not worked! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Stop Unwanted Languages from appearing in the Language Bar.

Stop Unwanted Languages from appearing in the Language Bar.: I set my regional setting to English Israel, this automatically installs the Hebrew standard keyboard code: HE3 to the language bar; problem is that another program I use automatically installs the other Hebrew keyboard code: HE to the language bar. That's very annoying...
  8. Language Bar - Unwanted "Other Language" options

Language Bar - Unwanted "Other Language" options: Hello community. Not sure when did this start happening but my language bar has unwanted "Other Language" options. [ATTACH] They are also in the Advanced Key Settings: [ATTACH] But they do not show up in "Preferred Languages" or anywhere else: [ATTACH] So I can't...
  9. Residual Languages on Language Bar

Residual Languages on Language Bar: I use English UK and Greek, as my input languages in windows 10. The problem is that in the language bar that pops up with "win key + space bar" there are 2 more languages Greek with latin characters and English US. These 2 do not show in my language preferences or anywhere...
  10. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra language bar appearing in taskbar: I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared...