Windows 10: Extra USB Drives Listed

Discus and support Extra USB Drives Listed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several extra USB drives listed in File Explorer, i.e. USB Drive (E) through (G). None have media in them. I f I insert a drive, it shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BobZ, Jul 14, 2018.

1. BobZ Win User

Extra USB Drives Listed

I have several extra USB drives listed in File Explorer, i.e. USB Drive (E) through (G). None have media in them. I f I insert a drive, it shows up with a new letter. How do I get rid of those empty ones?

:)

2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jul 14, 2018
  3. My computer doesn't show usb drives in the list

Hi Mike,

There are a couple of reasons why you run into this issue. This can be associated with a corrupted Device Manager. Another possible cause is disconnecting a USB drive immediately without safely removing it from the Notifications area.

For us to isolate the issue further, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are other accessories aside from the USB drives recognized properly?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. This automated tool has been proven to identify and resolve hardware or device issues. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Search.
    • Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Another step we can try is by using the Windows USB Troubleshooter. This method had helped a lot of users experiencing troubles with devices not being recognized. Refer to this article:

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems

We will wait for your response so we can help you further with this issue.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Extra USB Drives Listed

need list of usb bootable Operating Systems

I am looking for a good list of operating systems you can run from a usb or dvd.

If not a list, then folks can just post their top picks.

I want these to run from the usb/dvd without installing on the system or getting in the way of the system that exists on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

John Phoenix, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Extra USB Drives Listed

1. Extra USB Drives Listed - Similar Threads - Extra USB Drives

2. What are these extra drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these extra drives?: what are these extra drives? how can i get rid of them. I only have one ssd installed why are these here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-extra-drives/e10cc119-2bcc-444b-8e1e-07e60c119a36
  3. What are these extra drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these extra drives?: what are these extra drives? how can i get rid of them. I only have one ssd installed why are these here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-extra-drives/e10cc119-2bcc-444b-8e1e-07e60c119a36
  4. What are these extra drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I have an extra BD-ROM drive showing on my list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have an extra BD-ROM drive showing on my list: Hello!I wanted to put something on my HDD and I saw that I have an extra BD-ROM drive. What is the thing with it or how can I remove it because I don't use it....
  6. USB drives not in list

USB drives not in list: Hello -- Not sure if this is connected, but I just update my win 10 32 bit to 2004 -- Now when I go to the system tray icon "safely remove hardware" NONE of the connected usb drives are listed --- Is there a fix for this?...
  7. Extra Floppy Drive?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extra Floppy Drive?!: For some reason, Windows says I have a floppy drive, even though I don't have one connected, or even in the computer case! But when I try to do something with it, Like try to place a disk in it, nothing happens! Please tell me how to fix this ghost floppy disk!...
  8. extra drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    extra drives: extra drives showing when I double click my computer I have tried this NOTE: If you are using 64-bit edition of Windows 10, you may notice that the drive icon is still present in "Browse" dialog box such as Save, Save as or Open in some 3rd party 32-bit programs. To remove...
  9. Extra USB Drives Listed

Extra USB Drives Listed: I have several extra USB drives listed in File Explorer, i.e. USB Drive (E) through (G). None have media in them. I f I insert a drive, it shows up with a new letter. How do I get rid of those empty ones? 114098
  10. Is there a way to create bootable USB flash drive and use extra space

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to create bootable USB flash drive and use extra space: @, Thank you. What is WinPESE? Is this the name of your Windows Environment with tools? Yes, that is the reference