Windows 10: Extra User showing, cannot remove

Discus and support Extra User showing, cannot remove in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Basically, this extra account has the same email address as the main account on my computer, but it's distinct and it won't let me remove it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VictoriousBard, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Extra User showing, cannot remove

Extra User showing, cannot remove ef1efe1f-39a8-49d9-88b9-a3b6fb6c2509?upload=true.png

Basically, this extra account has the same email address as the main account on my computer, but it's distinct and it won't let me remove it. How can I delete this account?

I've tried netplwiz, which did remove it from there, but it still shows here as an account I can't remove.

:)

VictoriousBard, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Extra User showing, cannot remove 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Extra User showing, cannot remove

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Extra User showing, cannot remove

1. Extra User showing, cannot remove - Similar Threads - Extra User showing

2. Cannot Remove User local user Win10 home. User only shows under Run>netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Remove User local user Win10 home. User only shows under Run>netplwiz: Windows10 - My account is administratorA random Local Administrator appeared on the log-in screen with no password. I attempted to remove it but...Local User DOES NOT SHOW under System Settings >Family & Other Users >Other UsersLocal User account shows at log-in screen AND...
  3. Cannot Remove User local user Win10 home. User only shows under Run>netplwiz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Remove User local user Win10 home. User only shows under Run>netplwiz: Windows10 - My account is administratorA random Local Administrator appeared on the log-in screen with no password. I attempted to remove it but...Local User DOES NOT SHOW under System Settings >Family & Other Users >Other UsersLocal User account shows at log-in screen AND...
  4. Cannot Remove User local user Win10 home. User only shows under Run>netplwiz

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove extra "Administrator" account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove extra "Administrator" account: I sent my laptop into the shop I bought it from to get it fixed when the Wi-Fi stopped working. The issue is fine now, but when I received it back, I noticed there was an extra account named "Administrator". They probably did this so they could test my laptop without...
  6. how to delete an extra user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to delete an extra user: Geek squad reinstalled my windows 10. they created a user account that I no longer want...how do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-extra-user/5f30b9e1-8ebc-4cf5-8a09-5a00c2b30bed
  7. Extra office installers showing in add/remove

Extra office installers showing in add/remove: [ATTACH] Hi I noticed these as installed products on my Windows 10 PC, in addition to the normal Office 365 https://preview.redd.it/eu4qn51d3xq41.png?width=724&format=png&auto=webp&s=9687a67ba4419b42dddbe14fde3fa895432a438f Ive never seen these as separate installers...
  8. How to auto-login upon boot, and remove extra "user"?

How to auto-login upon boot, and remove extra "user"?: Just to be clear, I already have my "Sign in Options" set to "Never" require a password upon boot. Secondly, I don't think I have any extra users in the users section to be able to remove them. I just want Windows to boot up to the desktop and not have extra users that...
  9. Duplicate users. Cannot remove

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate users. Cannot remove: I seem to have two accounts set up and can only access one, and cannot remove the other even though both are administrators. I've tried running "netplwiz" to remove the user. I've tried unchecking the "require sign-in" box. When i first had my PC, i disabled auto...
  10. Extra User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Extra User: I have recently installed Windows 10 home 64 on my computer. When I open C:\users I find there are two, but when I go to CP User Accounts it shows only one. The extra user is causing minor issues when installing programs and I would like to delete it but if it doesn't show up...