Windows 10: Extra User

Discus and support Extra User in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have recently installed Windows 10 home 64 on my computer. When I open C:\users I find there are two, but when I go to CP User Accounts it shows only... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gstan30117, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Extra User

I have recently installed Windows 10 home 64 on my computer. When I open C:\users I find there are two, but when I go to CP User Accounts it shows only one. The extra user is causing minor issues when installing programs and I would like to delete it but if it doesn't show up in CP User Accounts how can I.

Thanks

:)

Gstan30117, Jul 21, 2017
  2. BabakS425 Win User

Extra user account!

I have a strange user account problem with Win 10. I have one admin account via a Microsoft account, and a local use account (only two accounts on one PC). But when I start the computer it defaults to a third account I never setup! Looking under the accounts
    I only see the two I have setup. I am not able to find a way to delete this third mistery account. I recognize the name so it must be a reminant from Windows 7 I upgraded from.

Any ideas how to find and remove this account that the computer defaults to at logon?

BabakS425, Jul 21, 2017
  3. BabakS425 Win User
    Extra user account!

Thank you and I tried it but didn't remove the unwanted account. My extra account is not an Admin account rather a user account. Any ideas where that may be coming from? It also defaults to that account when I turn on the PC and asks for my password! Very
    strange and irritating.

BabakS425, Jul 21, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Extra User

What is the name of the extra user folder and what issues is it causing?

NavyLCDR, Jul 22, 2017
Thema:

Extra User

1. Extra User - Similar Threads - Extra User

2. I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.: I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working. It's giving me this error: "Cannot perform this action on built in accounts"....
  3. I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.: I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working. It's giving me this error: "Cannot perform this action on built in accounts"....
  4. ran a command, now I have an extra administrator account that doesn't appear in users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ran a command, now I have an extra administrator account that doesn't appear in users: I ran this command net user Administrator /active:yes for something I can't quite remember and now a new administrator account has popped up. I can't seem to remove it because it doesn't appear in the "other users" section of the settings. What can I do? I tried running net...
  5. ran a command, now I have an extra administrator account that doesn't appear in users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ran a command, now I have an extra administrator account that doesn't appear in users: I ran this command net user Administrator /active:yes for something I can't quite remember and now a new administrator account has popped up. I can't seem to remove it because it doesn't appear in the "other users" section of the settings. What can I do? I tried running net...
  6. ran a command, now I have an extra administrator account that doesn't appear in users

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Accidentally transferred all files from an extra user to my main account . Now I'm confuse...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally transferred all files from an extra user to my main account . Now I'm confuse...: In this HP account I accidentally transferred all folders inside a User of another account into here while trying to fix a bug of mine. But now I'm stuck with this and I am afraid that I might of made duplicates. My question is how to return things back to normal as I don't...
  8. Extra user profile labeled "John"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extra user profile labeled "John": A separate user profile labeled "John" has shown up on my laptop. I have tried removing it and it seems to be gone but then comes back later. If I click on it, it seems to be a new blank-slate profile, but I am still concerned some sort of spyware may be on my laptop of...
  9. how to delete an extra user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to delete an extra user: Geek squad reinstalled my windows 10. they created a user account that I no longer want...how do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-extra-user/5f30b9e1-8ebc-4cf5-8a09-5a00c2b30bed
  10. Extra user accounts on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extra user accounts on my PC?: When looking through the users on my PC, there's Administrator, Default (hidden folder in file explorer), Public, and the one labeled my name (also an admin account). I think the Default and Public users are just there by default, but the Administrator account might be an...