Windows 10: Extract data from M.2 driver with Bitlocker

Discus and support Extract data from M.2 driver with Bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have HP Spectre X360-13--4002ne. I left the laptop in our office. A huge stone fell on laptop because of the explosion in Beirut two days ago. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nightearth, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Extract data from M.2 driver with Bitlocker

I have HP Spectre X360-13--4002ne. I left the laptop in our office. A huge stone fell on laptop because of the explosion in Beirut two days ago.

I connected the laptop to external screen but it is not showing anything.

The M.2 drive is safe. I am wondering if I can extract the information if I attach the M.2 to an enclosure drive.

We apply Bitlocker policy to our computers. Is there to decrypt the Bitlocker via CMD if the M.2 is readable on another computer please?

:)

nightearth, Aug 7, 2020
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Lagged Win User

Extract data from M.2 driver with Bitlocker

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Extract data from M.2 driver with Bitlocker

1. Extract data from M.2 driver with Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Extract data driver

2. Bitlocker Data Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Data Driver: When i reinstalled windows 10 license, my 2 data drives D, E got bitlocker. i don't find 48 digit key in microsoft account. Can you help me with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-data-driver/302a9403-abd1-48de-9efd-8345ea1e63df
  3. Bitlocker Data Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Data Driver: When i reinstalled windows 10 license, my 2 data drives D, E got bitlocker. i don't find 48 digit key in microsoft account. Can you help me with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-data-driver/302a9403-abd1-48de-9efd-8345ea1e63df
  4. Bitlocker Data Driver

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. M.2 SSD Card Data Recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 SSD Card Data Recovery: Hi everyone on the forum, My question is how to check if there is data on an M.2 SATA SSD and how to restore the data if there is? A bit of background: my old laptop went in for repairs and could not be repaired. They apparently did not wipe the data and sent me back the...
  6. M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    M.2: For a better picture, I have an SSD, a brick, and an m.2 SSD I boot from this m.2 I just purchased another m.2 with more memory that I would use to store my games to increase load times. However, I installed the new m.2 and when I boot the computer, I am getting an m.2...
  7. Extract data from encrypted M.2 driver with Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extract data from encrypted M.2 driver with Bitlocker: I have HP Spectre X360-13--4002ne. I left the laptop in our office. A huge stone fell on laptop because of the explosion in Beirut two days ago. I connected the laptop to external screen but it is not showing anything. The M.2 drive is safe. I am wondering if I can...
  8. Extraction of Data from Properties Popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Extraction of Data from Properties Popup: I am looking for GUI-class tools that will extract the data values from a Properties box. My goal is extracting this information in a text format suitable for putting into a spreadsheet. Any thoughts will be appreciated. [img] 158879
  9. Windows from SSD to M.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows from SSD to M.2: I got a m.2 Corsair MP510 480GB fore Christmas and i want to transfer the windows os from the ssd to the m.2... Some tips on yt tutorials or programs?? submitted by /u/Fiffty_five [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewqm64/windows_from_ssd_to_m2/
  10. Extracting drivers from exe that doesn't have cmd extract switch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extracting drivers from exe that doesn't have cmd extract switch: I am in the process of building custom images for deployment. Part of that of course is to include the required drivers. Usually I would extract the needed .inf files from the executable for whatever I was needing, i.e. LAN, Chipset, Graphics, etc, from cmd with the...