Windows 10: Extract data from old DVD-RAM 2.6 GB cassette

Discus and support Extract data from old DVD-RAM 2.6 GB cassette in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there just throwing an odd ball here Found some really old DVD-RAM discs which have data on them - however these are of the old cassette types.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Nov 10, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Extract data from old DVD-RAM 2.6 GB cassette

Hi there
    just throwing an odd ball here
    Found some really old DVD-RAM discs which have data on them - however these are of the old cassette types.

Just wondering if there's any method of at least seeing the data that's on them.

I had an old DVD-RAM recorder (domestic one - Panasonic) donkeys years ago but that's gone. If I remove the discs from the cassette would any of the external DVD recorders play -- I've got a Samsung external DVD device which allegedly can read / write to DVD-RAM but not cassettes.

I know people on these forums often play around with "Wacky Hardware" - done it myself from time to time but this is beyond my area of expertise.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 10, 2018

2. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Nov 10, 2018
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Extract data from old DVD-RAM 2.6 GB cassette

Andre Da Costa, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Extract data from old DVD-RAM 2.6 GB cassette

1. Extract data from old DVD-RAM 2.6 GB cassette - Similar Threads - Extract data old

2. How to change the amount of RAM of integrated graphic from 8 GB to 2 GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the amount of RAM of integrated graphic from 8 GB to 2 GB: E14 Gen 4 type 21E3, 21E4 Laptops ThinkPad - Type 21E3Memory1x 8GB DDR4 32001x 8 GB DDR4-320012th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1255U ProcessorCore™ i7-1255U512 GB SSD PCIeIntel® Iris® Xe GraphicsI would like to change the option for the integrated graphics memory from 8GB to...
  3. How to change the amount of RAM of integrated graphic from 8 GB to 2 GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the amount of RAM of integrated graphic from 8 GB to 2 GB: E14 Gen 4 type 21E3, 21E4 Laptops ThinkPad - Type 21E3Memory1x 8GB DDR4 32001x 8 GB DDR4-320012th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1255U ProcessorCore™ i7-1255U512 GB SSD PCIeIntel® Iris® Xe GraphicsI would like to change the option for the integrated graphics memory from 8GB to...
  4. Desktop window manager using 2 gb of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop window manager using 2 gb of ram: I dont know why this is happening, but it seems to be caused by the windows update i got last night. Basically every time i even use my computer this process is using up a ton of my memory. No matter what i do, even if i close all applications, it still doesnt release any...
  5. Extract data from encrypted M.2 driver with Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extract data from encrypted M.2 driver with Bitlocker: I have HP Spectre X360-13--4002ne. I left the laptop in our office. A huge stone fell on laptop because of the explosion in Beirut two days ago. I connected the laptop to external screen but it is not showing anything. The M.2 drive is safe. I am wondering if I can...
  6. Extract data from M.2 driver with Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extract data from M.2 driver with Bitlocker: I have HP Spectre X360-13--4002ne. I left the laptop in our office. A huge stone fell on laptop because of the explosion in Beirut two days ago. I connected the laptop to external screen but it is not showing anything. The M.2 drive is safe. I am wondering if I can...
  7. Extraction of Data from Properties Popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Extraction of Data from Properties Popup: I am looking for GUI-class tools that will extract the data values from a Properties box. My goal is extracting this information in a text format suitable for putting into a spreadsheet. Any thoughts will be appreciated. [img] 158879
  8. Windows 10 Build 18362.30 in 2 GB RAM

Windows 10 Build 18362.30 in 2 GB RAM: Hi all, I have an Acer E1 571 32342 and recently I updated my windows from windows 7 to windows 10 but it is lagging a lot. The "Start" is also not loading fast and the windows are also not loading fast but loading with a very very slow pace. What can I do now to speed up...
  9. More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing

More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing: I have a fast W10 64bit 16GB RAM pc. Task Manager shows me around 900 MB used for Me as as user, no other user accounts on the pc, the list I can see also adds up to around that, "Everything" taking around 470 MB, Antimalware 140 MB, Windows Explorer 42 MB, etc., it quickly...
  10. Antimalware service executable using up to 6 GB of RAM

Antimalware service executable using up to 6 GB of RAM: Two days ago I started noticing slowdowns when playing games and using other programs in the background and experienced a lot of crashes due to RAM just filling up. When i looked in the Task Manager i noticed that the Antimalware service executable was using up to 6 GB of RAM...