Windows 10: Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup

Discus and support Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on Win 10 Pro. I recently made a system image backup to a NETWORK drive using the powershell command admin start backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rudy711, Sep 30, 2015.

1. rudy711 Win User

Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup

Hi,

I'm on Win 10 Pro. I recently made a system image backup to a NETWORK drive using the powershell command

admin start backup -backuptarget:\\pc\a\tsb-image-file -include:C: -exclude:c:\users\3\box*,c:\users\3\onedrive,c:\users\3\music -allCritical -vsscopy

Please note the -vsscopy means my system doesn't record this as a backup for file history purposes

Now I would like to Restore my system to the restore point created by this backup. The only problem is, this backup created on 9/23 doesn't show up as a restore point because it is not on my system drive.

Is there any way I can extract the restore point from the system image, and direct my OS to use that restore point?

Thanks

:)

rudy711, Sep 30, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 slow, leggy, crashing since mid December

If you restored it from a full system image you made when things were working perfectly (this is NOT the same as a System Restore Point, this is restoring from a FULL SYSTEM IMAGE BACKUP) and things are still not working - you have a hardware issue/BIOS
    issue or something such as that...

Shenan Stanley, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup

1. Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup - Similar Threads - Extract Restore Point

2. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  3. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  4. "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point.": Since updating to Windows 1803, system protection does not work. Restore will not restore from the restore point created during the update. Nor will it restore from any new restore point I create. I get the message: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your...
  5. How to restore system image backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore system image backup: Hi guys, i made a system image backup of the window 10 running on my toshiba laptop via control panel on a external harddrive. And i am trying to restore it by going to window recovery, then system image recovery in advanced options. But the problem i am facing it that when i...
  6. Restore from Windows Image Backup

Restore from Windows Image Backup: I Created an image backup using Windows 10. I burned the repair CD. I booted from cd. Options are most recent backup [but it only shows D:\, the factory backup partition]. No browse capability. Other option does not let me browse to the folder the system created,...
  7. System restore points

System restore points: Suddenly all my system restore points disappeared. No restore points are being created by windows up dates Manual restore points are working ok since this occurence. 56422
  8. System Restore points

System Restore points: I am helping my church with some of their computer problems. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 was automatically updated on their machines running Windows 7. This has caused a problem with one of their main applications that is used to track church business. While trying to...
  9. System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10

System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10: Hi, A few days ago I discovered I had some corruptive files preventing me from Updating successfully. So, after much hair-pulling I did a Windows 10 reinstall via a USB Flash Drive while Windows was running and it was successful thanks to some talented folks on this forum....
  10. System restore points

System restore points: Restore points being deleted. Older restore points are being auto-deleted. And I'd like to keep them. I saved some restore points in October, but now they're gone, and the only ones left, are the ones I created in November. I've allowed 90 Gb of memory space for...