Windows 10: Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup

Discus and support Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on Win 10 Pro. I recently made a system image backup to a NETWORK drive using the powershell command admin start backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rudy711, Sep 30, 2015.

1. rudy711 Win User

Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup

Hi,

I'm on Win 10 Pro. I recently made a system image backup to a NETWORK drive using the powershell command

admin start backup -backuptarget:\\pc\a\tsb-image-file -include:C: -exclude:c:\users\3\box*,c:\users\3\onedrive,c:\users\3\music -allCritical -vsscopy

Please note the -vsscopy means my system doesn't record this as a backup for file history purposes

Now I would like to Restore my system to the restore point created by this backup. The only problem is, this backup created on 9/23 doesn't show up as a restore point because it is not on my system drive.

Is there any way I can extract the restore point from the system image, and direct my OS to use that restore point?

Thanks

:)

rudy711, Sep 30, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 slow, leggy, crashing since mid December

If you restored it from a full system image you made when things were working perfectly (this is NOT the same as a System Restore Point, this is restoring from a FULL SYSTEM IMAGE BACKUP) and things are still not working - you have a hardware issue/BIOS
    issue or something such as that...

Shenan Stanley, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup

1. Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup - Similar Threads - Extract Restore Point

2. System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.: System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x80070005im getting these errors when trying to go back to a restore point, what do i do?...
  3. System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.: System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x80070005im getting these errors when trying to go back to a restore point, what do i do?...
  4. Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network: I recently wiped my drives because of a BSOD, but I have a system image over my network that i have on my home server. I was wondering if it is possible to restore that system image from over the network after reinstalling windows 10? Also is it possible to reuse the windows...
  5. System image vs system restore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image vs system restore points: What is the difference between system image and system restore points? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-vs-system-restore-points/3d530d13-e57c-4194-809a-c07c1a4f4804
  6. Restoring from system image backup

Restoring from system image backup: submitted by /u/SgtJackVisback [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk0h04/restoring_from_system_image_backup/
  7. Restore Point or Restore from Image?

Restore Point or Restore from Image?: Hello r/windows10 , hope you're all well. I had some issues that were finally resolved with a USB Recovery Drive. I have my computer all set up back to the way I had it before I had those issues. All is good now. What I would like to do is prevent myself from having to start...
  8. Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore - Exclude drive from system image backup: Hello, I have a quick question about "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" feature on Windows 10. I set up a backup months ago to include a system image and some personal data and everything worked fine. I notice this backup feature tried to backup my game dedicated drive...
  9. Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10: How to: Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10 When you System Restore. These will appear alongside the other restore points as 'type Backup' when you tick the box for 'Show more restore points' in System Restore. [img] Unlike...
  10. "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point.": Since updating to Windows 1803, system protection does not work. Restore will not restore from the restore point created during the update. Nor will it restore from any new restore point I create. I get the message: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extract restore point