Windows 10: Extract Windows 10 from a dead computer(I'll explain) and place it on Windows 8.1 laptop...

Discus and support Extract Windows 10 from a dead computer(I'll explain) and place it on Windows 8.1 laptop... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a quite lengthy question(see above, I don't want to type it again.). I have a Windows 8.1 that has a half-functional os( I can't do a google or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ComputerGuy255, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Extract Windows 10 from a dead computer(I'll explain) and place it on Windows 8.1 laptop...

I have a quite lengthy question(see above, I don't want to type it again.). I have a Windows 8.1 that has a half-functional os( I can't do a google or bing search, basically) and a windows 10 that has a flashing caps lock button will not power on etc. My Windows 10 desktop did this just before the motherboard ended up fried. My 8.1 has a 279 GB hard drive, but my Windows 10 only has 30 GB. I need to know a few things:

1) Is it even possible to clone my Windows 10/move my Windows 10 to a 64GB flash drive?

2) Even if I can do my #1, can I place it on my Win 8.1?

3)Can I put it on a old no-operating-system desktop fit to run Windows XP?

4) Can I put windows 10 on an android as dual-boot?

5) Will I have to pay $149.80 for a new OS?

(this is the "+1 question" mentioned) 6) Can I still buy a Windows 7?

#6 is because Windows 8.1 is Microsoft's biggest flop, Windows 10 can be a bit of a pain, and my mother seems to be able to run windows 7 as if she created the OS herself. Please answer, I need it answered SOON. And I hope #5 isn't my only option, because I have no way of making money, I'm only 13. I know the specs for windows 10: 64bit is 20 GB, 1 GHz processor, 800X600 resolution, and a Direct X9 Graphics Card or similar. is 8.1 the same requirements? And are there any cheaper options to upgrade coming? As said, I HAVE NO WAY OF MAKING MONEY EXCEPT FOR ALLOWANCE THAT I DONT EVEN HAVE.

:)

ComputerGuy255, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Extract Windows 10 from a dead computer(I'll explain) and place it on Windows 8.1 laptop...

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Extract Windows 10 from a dead computer(I'll explain) and place it on Windows 8.1 laptop...

1. Extract Windows 10 from a dead computer(I'll explain) and place it on Windows 8.1 laptop... - Similar Threads - Extract dead computer

2. Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop: I think I will be getting a laptop that has windows 8.. I would like to upgrade it to windows 10. (I have a windows 10 desktop) 1st.. is that still possible to do. 2nd.. should I do it with the orginal owner or after changing it to my own credentials.. 3rd .. where would I...
  3. Dead line window 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead line window 10 laptop: There is no power and the laptop is dead it not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-line-window-10-laptop/4eea477f-9851-4bc5-8f87-02fd596d2b69
  4. Dead line window 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead line window 10 laptop: My computer window Linx 10 is dead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-line-window-10-laptop/ba923265-4e12-4714-8739-8d5ff0035f09
  5. Installing Windows 10 from a dead computer to an older, live computer

Installing Windows 10 from a dead computer to an older, live computer: My Dell T7500 Precision Workstation would not boot and the IT guys said it was a motherboard problem and not worth saving, so we recycled it. However, I kept the hard drive and thought I would install Windows 10 from the T7500 into and even older Dell Precision 670. But...
  6. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  7. Laptop with Windows 10 dead

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with Windows 10 dead: My laptop running Win 10 will not turn on. When I push the Start button nothing happens except the Start button background light goes on and off 5-6 times. John...
  8. transferring Windows from dead computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring Windows from dead computer: I bought a retail version of Windows for my computer 4 years ago. I did a free update to Windows Pro & it refers to my having Windows 10 Pro on the Microsoft website. Now my old computer has died & I can't access anything. When I build my new computer, I am wondering if I...
  9. Windows 10 transfer from dead computer

Windows 10 transfer from dead computer: I have a laptop which had Windows 10 installed (probably from an upgrade from 8 or 7) and a PC running Windows 7. The laptop's HDD has partially crashed. Is there any way I can transfer the Win 10 licence from the laptop to the PC? Can I boot the laptop into DOS or something...
  10. Windows 10 failed computer dead

Windows 10 failed computer dead: windows update failed. I’ve tried to go back to previous version it ask me for password then say its incorrect ive tried the pin and the password to microsoft account and still get incorrect password. This means i cant get to the command prompt to try any of the fixes, is...