Windows 10: Extracting a Trapped License

Discus and support Extracting a Trapped License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear all, I have not been able to piece together an answer based on what I could find on the internet, so would like to try here. The problem is as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by N24#55, Jun 13, 2020.

1. N24#55 Win User

Extracting a Trapped License

Dear all,

I have not been able to piece together an answer based on what I could find on the internet, so would like to try here. The problem is as follows:

From one day to the next, my PC wouldn't load Windows anymore. It appears the OS crashed and became corrupted in one way or the other, because no Windows-option to repair itself worked. So I made an image of all the files on the same SSD where they, together with the Windows installation, were originally located but certain Windows files appear to have become corrupted in such a way that they cannot be extracted from the image. So now, my digital license is basically trapped inside a virtual disk image. I guess my only remaining option is to install a working W10 trial version or something similar, somehow extract the original license from the disk image, and use it to turn the trial version into a full-fledged version.

What I could not find out is where and/or how the license is stored - if it's somewhere in the registry, then I can export it and import it into the trail version. But where?

The license is of the type corresponding to the free one obtained by upgrading from a Windows 7 Ultimate license during the first year of 10's release e.g. a digital license.
    Activation Status: not linked to Microsoft account.

If I have to link the license to my account first, how should I go about doing this e.g. which files would I specifically need to extract? In general, what can I do?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

:)

N24#55, Jun 13, 2020
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Extracting a Trapped License - Similar Threads - Extracting Trapped License

2. Extract all only extracts first

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extract all only extracts first: When I select multiple zip files, right click and extract all, it only extracts the first file to a file named after it.This worked previously, I believe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extract-all-only-extracts-first/64de94fe-1632-4693-9a0b-a769e5d0daeb
  3. Extract all only extracts first

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extract all only extracts first: When I select multiple zip files, right click and extract all, it only extracts the first file to a file named after it.This worked previously, I believe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extract-all-only-extracts-first/64de94fe-1632-4693-9a0b-a769e5d0daeb
  4. extract my digital license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    extract my digital license.: A few years ago I have upgraded my desktop from windows 8 to windows 10. Recently I started experiencing random machine restart and decided to upgrade my motherboard. Following the replace I have lost my activation key. I found out that during the upgrade process my product...
  5. extract my digital license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extract my digital license.: A few years ago I have upgraded my desktop from windows 8 to windows 10. Recently I started experiencing random machine restart and decided to upgrade my motherboard. Following the replace I have lost my activation key. I found out that during the upgrade process my product...
  6. extract my digital license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Extracting sorunu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting sorunu: Arkadaşlar merhaba benim sorunum şu ben bir dosya veya herhangi bir oyun indiriyorum ve bana şöyle diyor aşağıdaki ss bakın bunu diyor yükleniyor ve anında kapanıyor hiç bir şey gelmiyor yükleme ekranı falan ne yapmalıyım ?...
  8. Extracting sorunu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting sorunu: Arkadaşlar merhaba benim sorunum şu ben bir dosya veya herhangi bir oyun indiriyorum ve bana şöyle diyor aşağıdaki ss bakın bunu diyor yükleniyor ve anında kapanıyor hiç bir şey gelmiyor yükleme ekranı falan ne yapmalıyım ?...
  9. Extracting problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extracting problems: Hey guys, basically I have my main internal SSD with 10 GB free on it currently and my external HDD which contains a RAR file (15 GB) that I need to extract on it. When I start extracting the file onto my HDD, I see my SSD starting to fill up until it gets completely full and...
  10. Trapped

in Windows 10 Support
    Trapped: I just bought a new (refurbished) HP computer and it's good. But I was shocked that I cannot load any other browsers....will this be forever and ever? Also I have been using Office 2010 for the past few years which I bought from an authentic dealer. W10 won't let me...