Windows 10: Extracting Files and Accessing Programs

Discus and support Extracting Files and Accessing Programs in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am the only user for my laptop. It was set up that way when I purchased the computer last year. Some way despite the fact that I am the administrator... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bellavon, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Bellavon Win User

Extracting Files and Accessing Programs

I am the only user for my laptop. It was set up that way when I purchased the computer last year. Some way despite the fact that I am the administrator of the computer in the control panel the File Explorer had a user named Administrator and all my content and user privileges fall under another user named "bella" which is my nickname. This issue is causing me to be given error messages in certain applications such as Zipware when unzipping a file and Kali when trying to access a program through sudo and local host. I have tried every method that I could find or think of to resolve this issue but the issue still persist. I have attached several images below so the issue can be better understood. I have tried changing permissions in File Explorer and even creating another user account and granting it Administrator power in Control Panel and then regranting permission back to my account. I am using Kali for Cyber Forensics course and I need to fix this issue to complete my homework assignment. I need to know how to grant administrator privileges to my user account in File Explorer and prevent programs and applications from recognizing the other Administrator as the owner of my files and applications. How do you resolve this issue?

Extracting Files and Accessing Programs 402568cc-32aa-4b95-9fb7-74513a7c2ec7?upload=true.png

Extracting Files and Accessing Programs 438eda2b-085d-413a-97cb-fc6f519b19b4?upload=true.png

Extracting Files and Accessing Programs 5ac7bbd2-edc0-4123-b03e-61d88c4a46e5?upload=true.png

Extracting Files and Accessing Programs 04043733-1563-4591-b5a3-ff4a0ada6a34?upload=true.png

Extracting Files and Accessing Programs e823d188-c417-432a-9737-b376124ea63a?upload=true.png

:)

Bellavon, Apr 22, 2020
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

how do I change the default program for extracting files

Hi,

You can change the default program that's extracting the files by either changing it from the settings or right-clicking on the zipped file and choose which program will open it. We'd like to know which program are you using yo extract the files.

In the meantime, follow the steps below to change the default program:

• Right-click on the file you want to extract.
    • Choose Open with and select which program you want to use.
    • In other cases, a new menu will appear when choosing Open with. You can choose "Choose Default Program" from there.

Change the default programs from the Settings.

• Go to Settings. Choose Apps then
      Default apps.
    • Select the app or program you want to use as default from the list.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Extracting Files and Accessing Programs - Similar Threads - Extracting Files Accessing

2. Unable to extract files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extract files: Trying to extract files from my phone however it didn't detect at all. Please help me since the files are all in my phone storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-extract-files/f2d52976-9abe-4fa7-96e3-0a7bb2367e49
  3. Unable to extract files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extract files: Trying to extract files from my phone however it didn't detect at all. Please help me since the files are all in my phone storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-extract-files/f2d52976-9abe-4fa7-96e3-0a7bb2367e49
  4. Program Files x86 not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Files x86 not accessible: Program Files x86 is just no accessible, it is visible in the file explorer, I can open it but cannot create/delete any files or folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-x86-not-accessible/982c0f1a-41cb-4c8e-99c0-8e759d51d26d
  5. Files not extracting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not extracting: Error Code: 0x800040005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-not-extracting/4be6ed7b-556a-4add-824e-84f029ae2d33
  6. Cant' access programs or file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant' access programs or file: After I tried to delete a secondary drive that I created , my pc is not working like ; I cant install or uninstall software on my pc, and I cant access files and programs including the elevated command prompt , Disk management , device manager and I can't even open exe files...
  7. Problem with self-extracting .exe files and program installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with self-extracting .exe files and program installation: After resetting my PC I have encountered some problems which do not allow me to install several programs: I am not able to install my Brother printers' drivers - installation ends with a message "Failed to decompress the archive". A similar message appears when I tried to...
  8. Extracting a zipped file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting a zipped file: I have downloaded a shared file a video from my Google Drive but when I try to extract it into my downloads folder, I get the message 'The compressed zipped file C:\users etcetc is invalid'...
  9. FILE EXTRACTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FILE EXTRACTION: I need to download a program to be able to extract files zip. what Free and Safe program can I download for my windows 10 computer? Thank you for your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extraction/bc31b4f1-8d6b-409b-aa6e-d4614eb20fc9
  10. Access to Program Files denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to Program Files denied: I've set up Avast to run my daily scan via the program ashcmd.exe and then display the report file, "quick.txt", which is stored in C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software. I was able to edit the report and save it last week but today I got the message Access to C:\ProgramData\AVAST...