Windows 10: Extracting files from a BIN file

Discus and support Extracting files from a BIN file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using a USB thumb drive to update a Samsung soundbar. The Samsung download is a zip file. I have to extract that and copy to the thumb drive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonaldRosen, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Extracting files from a BIN file

I am using a USB thumb drive to update a Samsung soundbar. The Samsung download is a zip file. I have to extract that and copy to the thumb drive. I can extract the zip file which becomes a BIN file. That is still a compressed file and the soundbar won't read that. How do I extract the files uncompress the BIN file and copy that to the thumb drive?

Thanks

:)

DonaldRosen, Dec 26, 2020
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Dec 26, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    How can i extract a bios file from an Asus .exe file ??

You don't need to extract the file. Save it as .bin

erocker, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Extracting files from a BIN file

Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Extracting files from a BIN file

1. Extracting files from a BIN file - Similar Threads - Extracting files BIN

2. Unable to extract files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extract files: Trying to extract files from my phone however it didn't detect at all. Please help me since the files are all in my phone storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-extract-files/f2d52976-9abe-4fa7-96e3-0a7bb2367e49
  3. Unable to extract files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extract files: Trying to extract files from my phone however it didn't detect at all. Please help me since the files are all in my phone storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-extract-files/f2d52976-9abe-4fa7-96e3-0a7bb2367e49
  4. Deleted files from recycle bin

Deleted files from recycle bin: Somehow, I did not do it, emptied the recycle bin with files I wanted to recover later. Is there a way to get those files back? I use the Recuva from CCleaner and it can't find them. Says I have a Harddisk Volume2 that's unable to determine file system type...don't know what...
  5. Files not extracting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not extracting: Error Code: 0x800040005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-not-extracting/4be6ed7b-556a-4add-824e-84f029ae2d33
  6. Explorer will not mount IMG file or extract from ZIP file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer will not mount IMG file or extract from ZIP file: Hi When I try to mount a .IMG file there is no option in the context menu. It was file-associated with ImgBurn so I tried to re-associate it but File Explorer/Windows Explorer was not offered as an app that I could associate it to. Similar with .zip file, only this was...
  7. Extracting a zipped file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting a zipped file: I have downloaded a shared file a video from my Google Drive but when I try to extract it into my downloads folder, I get the message 'The compressed zipped file C:\users etcetc is invalid'...
  8. FILE EXTRACTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FILE EXTRACTION: I need to download a program to be able to extract files zip. what Free and Safe program can I download for my windows 10 computer? Thank you for your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extraction/bc31b4f1-8d6b-409b-aa6e-d4614eb20fc9
  9. .bin Files

.bin Files: Which programme do I use to open .bin and .info files?These two files are on a dash cam website to update the firmware but each one says Windows can`t open this file,find a programme to do this. 125785
  10. Extract Icon from File in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Extract Icon from File in Windows: How to: Extract Icon from File in Windows How to Extract Icon from File in Windows You can use the free IconViewer utility program to view and save the icons contained within files, such as executable files and dynamic link libraries (DLLs). When IconViewer is...