Windows 10: Extracting files in anywhere in program files/x86 folder returns error

Discus and support Extracting files in anywhere in program files/x86 folder returns error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to extract a folder in a sub folder i made in program files. The text on the message box is irrelvent, doesnt help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NotNatsuki, May 15, 2024.

1. Extracting files in anywhere in program files/x86 folder returns error

Trying to extract a folder in a sub folder i made in program files. The text on the message box is irrelvent, doesnt help.

:)

NotNatsuki, May 15, 2024

2. Extracting files in anywhere in program files/(x86) folder returns error

Hi,

I'm Rodrigo and I'll help you.

The Program Files (x86) is a system folder that requires administrator permission to modify the files. The Compressed Folder extractor is not running as administrator, so it does not have he permission to place the extracted files in the folder.

The easiest workaround to this issue is to extract the files in another folder (E.g. Desktop), then, move the files to the folder inside Program files (x86). It will ask the administrator permission to move the files to the folder, select "Continue" to grant the permission.

Rodrigo.Queiroz, May 15, 2024
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, May 15, 2024
  4. Extracting files in anywhere in program files/x86 folder returns error

Extracting files in anywhere in program files/(x86) folder returns error

Extracting files in anywhere in program files/x86 folder returns error OzQzZOap16AHwmu7Q6Y%2BnnogGlud1qPojpRq%2BuGPOsorq20xdbIWQNwvWNRRxgaDeZ0FzfRfR7%2BkQVnAMQFIUA8%3D.png
    Trying to extract a folder in a sub folder i made in program files. The text on the message box is irrelvent, doesnt help.

NotNatsuki, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Extracting files in anywhere in program files/x86 folder returns error

1. Extracting files in anywhere in program files/x86 folder returns error - Similar Threads - Extracting files anywhere

2. Extracting files in anywhere in program files/x86 folder returns error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extracting files in anywhere in program files/x86 folder returns error: Trying to extract a folder in a sub folder i made in program files. The text on the message box is irrelvent, doesnt help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extracting-files-in-anywhere-in-program-filesx86/36b91dc3-8a57-4589-972c-4700657732e5
  3. Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder: I have a problem similar to a one already described here in a previous question link. I have installed a software called RothC downloadable from this link on Windows 11 Pro version 22H2. The program is installed in a directory under Program Files x86 folder, and it saves its...
  4. Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder: I have a problem similar to a one already described here in a previous question link. I have installed a software called RothC downloadable from this link on Windows 11 Pro version 22H2. The program is installed in a directory under Program Files x86 folder, and it saves its...
  5. Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder: I have installed an application in Windows 10, used for translations. I am able to create txt files in that and those get saved in Program Files x86 folder of that application. But when I go to that folder in Windows Explorer, I am not seeing anything there and hence I am not...
  6. Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder: I have installed an application in Windows 10, used for translations. I am able to create txt files in that and those get saved in Program Files x86 folder of that application. But when I go to that folder in Windows Explorer, I am not seeing anything there and hence I am not...
  7. Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Where "Program Files x86" Folder

Where "Program Files x86" Folder: I am using Win 10 home 64 bit version. I installed chess-7 program at http://www.styleseven.com/php/get_product.php?product=Chess-7 This program is 32 bit. The program has been installed in the folder c: \ Program files 86x \ chess-7. The * .png files that I run the program...
  9. “ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86

“ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86: This is this weird file which i dont know what it does. For Program Files x86, there is this application that doesnt even do. What does this file do?...
  10. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...