Windows 10: Extracting MS Windows 10 key from HDD

Discus and support Extracting MS Windows 10 key from HDD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, I've got a HDD with an activated copy of Windows 10. However, due to the PSU dieing and taking the Mobo along with it (and it being a dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlistairHardy, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Extracting MS Windows 10 key from HDD

So, I've got a HDD with an activated copy of Windows 10.

However, due to the PSU dieing and taking the Mobo along with it (and it being a dell poweredge T20.... so yay for non standard anything!), I can't boot up and get the key off said HDD.

Is there a way of extracting that key from the HDD for a clean install on another, new PC?

I have an external dock I can plug the HDD into on my main PC.

Thanks

Alistair

:)

AlistairHardy, Apr 14, 2019
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Apr 14, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Extracting MS Windows 10 key from HDD

Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Extracting MS Windows 10 key from HDD

1. Extracting MS Windows 10 key from HDD - Similar Threads - Extracting key HDD

2. want to extract product key from old windows file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to extract product key from old windows file: in 2021 i upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10, after that my pc had some issues due to which i needed to change some partslike motherboard and added a ssd.on my new ssd i got a unactivated windows 7 installed, now since the support for windows 7 has ended i am...
  3. want to extract product key from old windows file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to extract product key from old windows file: in 2021 i upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10, after that my pc had some issues due to which i needed to change some partslike motherboard and added a ssd.on my new ssd i got a unactivated windows 7 installed, now since the support for windows 7 has ended i am...
  4. want to extract product key from old windows file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Extraction of Windows OEM Product key from my laptop as I am planning to replace the HDD...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Extraction of Windows OEM Product key from my laptop as I am planning to replace the HDD...: I am planning to replace my HDD with a new SSD but the issue is the sticker of windows product key at the backside of my laptop is not readable anymore. Moreover it was the product key for windows 8. I have read that if I reinstall the windows, it will automatically detect...
  6. Extraction of Windows OEM Product key from my laptop as I am planning to replace the HDD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extraction of Windows OEM Product key from my laptop as I am planning to replace the HDD...: I am planning to replace my HDD with a new SSD but the issue is the sticker of windows product key at the backside of my laptop is not readable anymore. Moreover it was the product key for windows 8. I have read that if I reinstall the windows, it will automatically detect...
  7. Extraction of Windows OEM Product key from my laptop as I am planning to replace the HDD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Retrieving a Windows 10 Product Key from an unbootable HDD

Retrieving a Windows 10 Product Key from an unbootable HDD: My laptop with a purchased Windows 10 product key broken down last year and I just recently bought myself a new PC.The old HDD in my previous laptop can't be booted missing winload.efi error 0xc000000e and I gave up trying to repair it.Installed Windows on my new SSD on new...
  9. Extracting product key for Windows 10

Extracting product key for Windows 10: To Whom.. (mY DEVICE - {acer} Aspire A315-21: HOW/WHERE CAN i FIND MY Product Key ?? I *Think* my PC is just over 12months old (????) and bought brand new as WINDOWS10 (Home) ? ***Original title: Acer Aspire A315-21 running Windows 10 Home: HOW/WHERE CAN i FIND MY...
  10. Extract Office 2013 key from backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Extract Office 2013 key from backup: After doing a clean install of Windows 10 on my PC I just realized I forgot to find out what my Product Key for Office 2013 Professional Plus is. I do have a Backup though (Disk Image I made using the old standard Windows backup method). Is there any way to find out what my...