Windows 10: Extracting specific SKU using Dism

Discus and support Extracting specific SKU using Dism in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a batch file that will extract a specific SKU from an installation iso if you enter the index number using Dism. What I would really like to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cereberus, May 13, 2019.

1. cereberus Win User

Extracting specific SKU using Dism

I have a batch file that will extract a specific SKU from an installation iso if you enter the index number using Dism.

What I would really like to do is extract SKU based on SKU name rather than index number as the isos can contain differing numbers of SKUs depending on iso source.

Sure, I can manually identify relevant index number for required SKU name but I want to automate process.

Is this possible without exporting dism output to a text file and processing that to identify index number?

:)

cereberus, May 13, 2019
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, May 13, 2019
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, May 13, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

Extracting specific SKU using Dism [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Extracting specific SKU using Dism - Similar Threads - Extracting specific SKU

2. Data WIM using DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data WIM using DISM: Dear Support Team,Can anyone guide me how to add Data Wim in Answer file using Windows System Image Manager Windows 10 with real life example. I was able to create Data Wim using DISM but got stuck at further steps....
  3. Data WIM using DISM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data WIM using DISM: Dear Support Team,Can anyone guide me how to add Data Wim in Answer file using Windows System Image Manager Windows 10 with real life example. I was able to create Data Wim using DISM but got stuck at further steps....
  4. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  5. Using DISM with a downloaded image

Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  6. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. MS Licenses SKU for Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Licenses SKU for Win10: Dear Sir,Please help me to suggest correct MS SKU if Customer wants to run Win10 Pro on VMware environment notVDI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-licenses-sku-for-win10/adea875c-1478-4bfe-93dd-762bec946027
  8. System SKU to be filled by O.E.M.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System SKU to be filled by O.E.M.: I would like to know the serial number of my PC. May I please ask how to retrieve it? Unfortunately it is not giving me the current serial number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-sku-to-be-filled-by-oem/f7ab9633-4961-4a9f-b12c-87ade86d5f75
  9. Has anyone used DISM++ ?

Has anyone used DISM++ ?: Hi - I found this and wanted to know if anyone has used it or not. Looks like eye candy to me, so I wanted to inquire. DISM++ is a Windows OS Image Customizer and Size Reducer Thanks. *Smile 139408
  10. Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM?: Sorry to ask such a basic question. I want to extract *.* from Winre.wim into CWD. I've used DISM to extract .NET3.5 into a running system, but I don't want to change the system, so I'm unsure what the DISM arguments are. Also, I have some DISM documentation from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism show skus in iso