Windows 10: Extracting specific SKU using Dism

Discus and support Extracting specific SKU using Dism in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a batch file that will extract a specific SKU from an installation iso if you enter the index number using Dism. What I would really like to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cereberus, May 13, 2019.

1. cereberus Win User

Extracting specific SKU using Dism

I have a batch file that will extract a specific SKU from an installation iso if you enter the index number using Dism.

What I would really like to do is extract SKU based on SKU name rather than index number as the isos can contain differing numbers of SKUs depending on iso source.

Sure, I can manually identify relevant index number for required SKU name but I want to automate process.

Is this possible without exporting dism output to a text file and processing that to identify index number?

:)

cereberus, May 13, 2019
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, May 13, 2019
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, May 13, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

Extracting specific SKU using Dism [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Extracting specific SKU using Dism - Similar Threads - Extracting specific SKU

2. Select GPU to use by specific applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Select GPU to use by specific applications: have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 7850. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure about it. I want to force some applications to use Radeon HD 7850 instead of GeForce GTX 1060, but I can't find a way to do...
  3. Using DISM to restore offline image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using DISM to restore offline image: Hi Microsoft, My windows 10 bootloader is corrupted. I receive errors 0xc0000225 and 0xc0000098 while booting. I have found different methods on internet to fix it but none of it seemed to work. I was trying to repair my image using dism.exe but the problem i am facing...
  4. Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Needed: CMD to extract files from 'Winre.wim' using DISM?: Sorry to ask such a basic question. I want to extract *.* from Winre.wim into CWD. I've used DISM to extract .NET3.5 into a running system, but I don't want to change the system, so I'm unsure what the DISM arguments are. Also, I have some DISM documentation from...
  5. To turn USB Filter ON by using DISM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    To turn USB Filter ON by using DISM.: ALL my USB HUBS on this PC (Win.10(Pro) are NOT working after April Updates(1803). I tried to use Admin Command but, not successful. Result copy attached: C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName: ISKU-USBFilter Error: 87 The /FeatureName: option is...
  6. Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extracting a photo from video using Windows Photo App: I have been using the photo app to extract stills from video files for some time. It worked fine when I was using a camera that made .mov files. My new camera makes MP4 files. When I use the 'save a photo' facility it now saves a one second long video clip as a .jpg file...
  7. SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image: Windows 10 user. Having some trouble with my system after coming back from a weekend. Nothing major...just having trouble playing some games that require plugins etc Regardless if it's related, I just wanted to run an SFC/Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth I downloaded the...
  8. How to use DISM in WINDOW PE environment?

How to use DISM in WINDOW PE environment?: i am trying to repair my windows(i cannot boot to windows 10 and i tried automatic repair three times already). Can't even boot to safe mode. Keeps getting pci.sys corruption error at boot up. So i am forced to use a usb to boot to a Pre-installed window environment....
  9. Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10: I have a Lenovo W530 laptop, that started with Windows 7 Pro, then got upgraded to Windows 8, then 8.1, and now 10 Pro. I have the factory setup disks for only 7 and 8. I ran DISM and it says the source files could not be found. From a similar problem several months...
  10. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image: Hi I have an inquiry : If I wish "To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command" (step 6) to restore the health of my 10240 installation, can I do this? Is it possible, I mean? And if I have the official 10162 ISO on my desktop, mounted so found on drive G: , which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism show skus in iso