Windows 10: Extraneous punctuation added by Microsoft to my Word documents

Discus and support Extraneous punctuation added by Microsoft to my Word documents in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After I reopened my Microsoft Windows, I discovered that Microsoft began adding extraneous punctuation to file names I created in my Word documents.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TomGrubisich, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Extraneous punctuation added by Microsoft to my Word documents

After I reopened my Microsoft Windows, I discovered that Microsoft began adding extraneous punctuation to file names I created in my Word documents. Example:In addition, I am now required to close Word files before I can change them. The problem seems to be that , according to Microsoft, "other people are working on my files." But "other people" are not working on my files.. Only I am. The problem seems to originate with my previous Microsoft Windows. Can you fix this for me ?Tom Grubisich *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

TomGrubisich, Aug 4, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Extraneous punctuation added by Microsoft to my Word documents

E52 prediction and punctuation

Everytime I end a sentence and move to add a period the "&" symbol comes up by default and I have to open the list and scroll down to the period. This is maddening since a period is the punctuation I use the most. Can I adjust this somehow? I don't want
    the "&" symbol on the top of the list. It's the same with words....commonly used words are way down the list and esoteric nonsense gets put in the first position. My old Nokia 3100 learned what words were used most and also had common words at the top. I hate
    texting on this phone because of having to scroll down for several words and most punctuation.

Any tips?

cooperjones, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Extraneous punctuation added by Microsoft to my Word documents

1. Extraneous punctuation added by Microsoft to my Word documents - Similar Threads - Extraneous punctuation added

2. My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...: I've already tried rest and uninstalled but when re-install the same thing is still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-word-is-uploding-all-of-my-documents/7536a5d4-bdad-461f-940a-15eba4495ffe
  3. My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft Word is uploding all of my documents with boxes and the words of the writting...: I've already tried rest and uninstalled but when re-install the same thing is still happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-word-is-uploding-all-of-my-documents/7536a5d4-bdad-461f-940a-15eba4495ffe
  4. Extraneous punctuation added by Microsoft to my Word documents

Extraneous punctuation added by Microsoft to my Word documents: After I reopened my Microsoft Windows, I discovered that Microsoft began adding extraneous punctuation to file names I created in my Word documents. Example:In addition, I am now required to close Word files before I can change them. The problem seems to be that , according...
  5. Print Documents in Microsoft Word...

Print Documents in Microsoft Word...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-start/put-it-in-your-canon-printer-software-cd-disc-and/de1d62bc-0e4d-4ef1-99a6-3635b1f0d44c?lc=16393 School Bag All Unboxing Software Disc for School Bag Unboxing First Impressions...
  6. Print Documents in Microsoft Word...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Documents in Microsoft Word...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-start/put-it-in-your-canon-printer-software-cd-disc-and/de1d62bc-0e4d-4ef1-99a6-3635b1f0d44c?lc=16393 School Bag All Unboxing Software Disc for School Bag Unboxing First Impressions...
  7. my Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my Word documents: How do I change the way my Word documents open in Windows 10 Home? Currently they are divided in two segments, the recent documents and more documents. It is confusing and I panic because I think the bulk of my documents are missing or worse that Microsoft had deleted...
  8. Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wordpad/Microsoft Word Documents: I have recently updated my windows 10 and I tried to open Wordpad, I get a popup saying "Unable to create new document" And when I look under the Wordpad arrows for my saved documents the icon is missing and if I try to open one it says "The item selected is unavailable. It...
  9. Punctuation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Punctuation: Why does back slash right hashtags and when i press shift-backslash it writes a ~. but i i do what im supposed to do to write a ~, i get a ¬. shift-2 writes ". shift-3 writes £. shift-' writes @. How do i fix? BTW I choose windows cuz i think it software issue. but how to...
  10. how get my documents into Microsoft Word.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how get my documents into Microsoft Word.: I have just transitioned from Windows 7 32bit to Windows 764bit and now I have Windows 10 64 up and running. I need to install all my .doc files (my documents) to Microsoft Word so that I can read them. I can read all the file names but unable to read any text so I presume...