Windows 10: Extreme delay in printing

Discus and support Extreme delay in printing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After last automatic upgrade, printer is very delayed in printing, 15-30 minutes. It's an HP laser jet pro. Is there a fix to this problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KathlynReed, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Extreme delay in printing

After last automatic upgrade, printer is very delayed in printing, 15-30 minutes. It's an HP laser jet pro. Is there a fix to this problem?

:)

KathlynReed, Jan 28, 2019

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 28, 2019
  4. GARoss Win User

Extreme delay in printing

Adobe Photoshop CS6 print function is extremely slow!

Adobe Photoshop CS6 print function is extremely slow again. It takes several minutes to prompt the print window, then it's very sluggish while setting print preferences. Once "Print" is selected it once again takes a long time to send to the printer via a wired network.
    Odd thing is I have other Adobe software, Lightroom 6 & Photoshop Elements 2018, that can print the same file without issues. Other software has no print issues as well.

I have uninstalled / reinstalled Epson software & drivers. The printer shows as Epson Artisan 710 (Network) & not connected with USB but through our wireless network.

In Device Manager there isn't a printer listed but is a Print queues.
    Not sure how to troubleshoot this. Please help.

GARoss, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Extreme delay in printing

1. Extreme delay in printing - Similar Threads - Extreme delay printing

2. 30 second delay when printing documents to print server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    30 second delay when printing documents to print server: We have an issue that seems to have started over the last month or so. Client machines are running W10 21H1, print server is running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 1607.*Any* print jobs sent to *any* printer tested with Canons, Konicas and HPs have around a 30 second delay...
  3. 30 second delay when printing documents to print server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 second delay when printing documents to print server: We have an issue that seems to have started over the last month or so. Client machines are running W10 21H1, print server is running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 1607.*Any* print jobs sent to *any* printer tested with Canons, Konicas and HPs have around a 30 second delay...
  4. 30 second delay when printing documents to print server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Extreme notification delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extreme notification delay: I'm getting notifications up to 3-4 hours late on Windows 10, and at times all queued notifications pop up at once. I will get a notification for an email or a youtube video that was from hours ago, making me late. This happens on all apps, chrome, discord, twitter, etc. How...
  6. Print delay

Print delay: This has been posted before but there is no sign of a solution. In Windows 10 I print a file. Everything OK I then try to print another file but there is a long delay of several minutes before it prints. That is because the first print job is still in the print queue...
  7. Print Screen Delayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print Screen Delayed: I recently built a new PC, and whenever I print screen It is incredibly delayed and if I try to paste it into a discord chat or whatever, it will display a pause menu or something that happened sometimes up to about a minute beforehand. I know about win+PrnScrn but I just...
  8. Extremely slow printing to PDF

Extremely slow printing to PDF: I have a rather large Excel file (over 450 sheets). With Windows 7, I used to be able to Save as PDF, the save took about 10 minutes. I have recently updated to Windows 10 (I have version 1909) and the same save takes hours (over 6 or 7 hours). The time grows exponentially as...
  9. Extreme delay on login and navigate Tenforums website

in Browsers and Email
    Extreme delay on login and navigate Tenforums website: Since the past two day accessing and navigating Tenforums website is definitely too slow. Does not make any difference which browser I use, Edge, Edge Dev, Firefox or Brave. All is as it should be when accessing other websites. 136672
  10. Print delay

Print delay: I am using up to date Windows 10 and a wi-fi networked HP Deskjet printer. Following recent updates it now takes a minimum of 10 and up to 20 seconds for the device to print a simple 1 page word document. The printer is sitting next to the Desktop. Does anyone else have...