Windows 10: Extreme large memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSvc.exe

Discus and support Extreme large memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSvc.exe in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi My son has a brand new HP laptop. When he opens a large pdf 340 pages Windows sometimes is getting into problems with the allocated memory and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BernardWielfaert, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Extreme large memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSvc.exe

Hi

My son has a brand new HP laptop. When he opens a large pdf 340 pages Windows sometimes is getting into problems with the allocated memory and crashes. We find in the logbooks next event:

Extreme large memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSvc.exe cb12ff6b-cb44-4a5f-bd91-ca3632793c00?upload=true.png

This shows that there was a problem with the virtual memory. Sorry in Dutch here. The service "printerfilterpipelinesvc.exe" used up 62 GB of memory, in other words it used all memory 16 GB and started to swap on the SSD for 46 GB. After this Windows crashed and it was unable to restart the pc at that moment. It just did not want to start.

I wonder what could have coased such a high memory usage and if this is a single event or it can happen again ?

Thank you for an answer.

Best regards
    Bernard Wielfaert
    Wevelgem - Belgium

:)

BernardWielfaert, Jun 14, 2020
  2. alphajoe Win User

Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time

I have been fighting with this for some time and I can't figure out what it is. Over time, my Paged Pool memory usage keeps climbing until eventually I have to reboot to clear it out. It is a tough problem to search for because most people seem to have a problem with non-paged pool memory and all of those problems get included in the search results.

I have 32GB of RAM and once the paged pool reaches around 18GB or so it starts to bog down and get sluggish. And when I say 18GB, I mean 18GB with nothing open. I have my typical tray stuff, which I have tried killing, but nothing releases the RAM. I have let it climb all the way to 32GB before, but then the computer becomes useless and took about a half hour or so to shut down.

When I run Rammap it shows that paged pool is huge, and in the process list there is a process called MemCompression that has an extremely large amount of RAM in use. Not the full size of the paged pool, but definitely really big.

There are several threads talking about using Poolmon to track down processes using lots of paged or non-paged pool memory, but the process on mine that is extremely large has a tag of Se, which is tough to search for in the strings because virtually every file has Se in it somewhere.

Right now I just rebooted again, so the usage is back to "normal" (if you consider 11GB memory in use normal for just having Chrome open) and my paged pool is around 2GB or so. It will increase again by this evening, so I will get some screen grabs of the Rammap and the process list. Any other screens I can grab that might help?

alphajoe, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Extremely high disk usage and memory usage in Windows 10

My Dell Inspiron 13 computer is just over a year old and still within its warranty period. Windows 10 has just auto-updated and there is 99% disk usage. Memory usage is also 40% or higher. NO program is running. Windows SuperFetch and Antimalware Executable
    are consuming all the memory and disk. The computer is hanging all the time and is EXTREMELY slow, totally unusable. What should I do?

NandkishorePrakash, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Extreme large memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSvc.exe

Windows 10 and extreme memory usage

Hello Eric,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with extreme memory usage on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

To diagnose the problem whether any third party program or application is causing the conflict, I would suggest you to try “clean boot” and check if it helps.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

If the issue does not occur in “Clean Boot”, then you may determine which application/service on the computer is causing this issue. This can be done by following the instructions for
    “Windows 8.1 and Windows 8” given in the section “How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a Clean Boot” from the same given link.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Try running System Maintenance Troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. Please follow the steps given below.

Run inbuilt system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: System maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files and shortcuts that you clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Extreme large memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSvc.exe

1. Extreme large memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSvc.exe - Similar Threads - Extreme large memory

2. Extreme Non paged memory usage on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extreme Non paged memory usage on windows 10: Hello everyone,I'm looking for a solution to fix the 20+GB non paged memory usage in Windows 10. I follow the guide what you can read on StackExchange/Superuser.Memory:67014784K Avail:21094036K PageFlts:226108 InRam Krnl:15340K P:6250068K Commit:123381596K Limit:159684792K...
  3. Extreme Non paged memory usage on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extreme Non paged memory usage on windows 10: Hello everyone,I'm looking for a solution to fix the 20+GB non paged memory usage in Windows 10. I follow the guide what you can read on StackExchange/Superuser.Memory:67014784K Avail:21094036K PageFlts:226108 InRam Krnl:15340K P:6250068K Commit:123381596K Limit:159684792K...
  4. File Explorer High to Extreme Memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer High to Extreme Memory usage: File Explorer consumes about 160-400 MB in the background from the point of booting my computer to shutting it down. The problem has been there since I purchased the laptop HP-15 2019 version. I tried clearing my temp files, clearing the indexed files, etc. I have scanned my...
  5. File Explorer High to Extreme Memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer High to Extreme Memory usage: File Explorer consumes about 160-400 MB in the background from the point of booting my computer to shutting it down. The problem has been there since I purchased the laptop HP-15 2019 version. I tried clearing my temp files, clearing the indexed files, etc. I have scanned my...
  6. File Explorer High to Extreme Memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak: [ATTACH] OK so for the past few weeks I've been having problems with high memory usage. As you can see here with no applications open it's running at 88% but with Chrome and Discord it's above 95%. My computer has 16GB of RAM and I've never had this problem before. I've...
  8. Extreme memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSrv.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extreme memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSrv.exe: Hi My son has a brand new HP laptop. When he opens a large pdf 340 pages Windows sometimes is getting into problems with the allocated memory and crashes. We find in the logbooks next event: [ATTACH] This shows that there was a problem with the virtual memory. Sorry in...
  9. Extremely high idle memory usage

Extremely high idle memory usage: A few weeks ago now I have had the issue of my pc idling at 80 - 90% memory with a fresh reboot. I do have quite a bit of programs in startup but I doubt that's it because I have never had an issue for this. I have done TONS of research tried many methods but non of them...
  10. Large memory usage, but few processes running

Large memory usage, but few processes running: I'm running Win 10 with 4GB RAM. Windows gets updated automatically. In Task Manager, the Performance tab shows CPU usage of 7% but memory usage of 85% (3.3/3.9 GB). The only apps I have running are Outlook (desktop version), Task Manager and Windows Explorer, which...