Windows 10: Extreme problems with windows 10 startup

Discus and support Extreme problems with windows 10 startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft,I am having some extreme difficulties that I cannot find any solutions to anywhere on the internet. Let me quickly give some context: I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luke Hilfers, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Extreme problems with windows 10 startup

Hi Microsoft,I am having some extreme difficulties that I cannot find any solutions to anywhere on the internet. Let me quickly give some context: I was letting my computer do an update overnight. I logged in and got a screen saying “Hi Luke” and then a series of similar ones saying that an update was being installed. After a long while it finished and I entered into a black screen with only my cursor. I did ctrl+alt+delete and clicked on task manager. The blue circle next to my cursor appeared for a second but after it disappeared task manager never opened. I tried this many times and it stil

:)

Luke Hilfers, Jul 29, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 29, 2021
  3. windows 10 startup problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check if there are any pending Updates.

Kindly perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check the status.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the below steps to perform a Clean Boot.

Check in “clean boot” state, to check if any third party application is causing the issue. Follow these steps to start the computer in clean boot.

Step A:

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type
    ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c) Click the ‘Boot’ tab and uncheck
    ‘Safe Boot’ option.

d) On the ‘General’ tab, click to select the option
    ‘Selective startup’, and then click to clear the option
    Load startup items
    check box.

e) On the ‘Services’ tab, click to select the
    ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ check box, and then click
    ‘Disable all’

f) On the ‘Startup’ tab, click ‘Open Task Manager’.
    In the Task Manager window under startup tab,
    right click on each startup item which are enabled and select ‘Disable’.

g) Click ‘OK’, and then click Restart.

Step B: Enable half of the services

a) Follow steps 1a and 1b to start the System Configuration utility.

b) Click the Services tab, and then click to select the
    Hide all Microsoft services check box.

c) Click to select half of the check boxes in the
    Service list.

d) Click OK, and then click
    Restart

Step C: Determine whether the problem returns.

If the problem still occurs, repeat step 1 and step 2. In step 2, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the
    Service list.

If the problem does not occur, repeat step 1 and step 2. In step 2, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
    Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.

If only one service is selected in the Service list, and you still experience the problem, the selected service causes the problem. Go to step 6. If no service causes this problem, go to
    Step 4.

Step D: Enable half of the Startup items:

If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat step 1 and step 2 without selecting the
    Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.

Step E: Determine whether the problem returns:

If the problem still occurs, repeat step 1 and step 4. In step 4, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the
    Startup Item list.

If the problem does not occur, repeat step 1 and step 4. In step 4, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
    Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.

If only one startup item is selected in the
    Startup Item
    list, and you still experience the problem, the startup item that is selected in the list is the service that is causing the problem. Go to step 6.

If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat step 1 and step 2 without selecting the
    Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.

Step F: Resolve the problem:

After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then click
    to clear the check box for the problem item.

Step G: Reset the system to Normal startup mode:

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type
    MSCONFIG and click ‘Ok’.

c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the
    ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click
    ‘Restart’.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Extreme problems with windows 10 startup

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Extreme problems with windows 10 startup

1. Extreme problems with windows 10 startup - Similar Threads - Extreme problems startup

2. Extremely suspicious Startup Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extremely suspicious Startup Program: So I opened task manager and found something extremely suspicious when looking at Startups.2 Programs that i instantly disabled after seeing:"93fea261-8803-4534-a319-9d787a1696a8""5"What can they be? Can I do something about it? In the Screenshot provided below you can see...
  3. Windows 10 extreme boot error problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 extreme boot error problem: I've been having problems with explorer.exe for a few days, which is very slow and often freezes and restarts unnaturallysince the update april 29, where every time I shut down and turn on the PC it always gets windows ready, I've tried a number of ways starting from windows...
  4. Windows 10 extreme boot error problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 extreme boot error problem: I've been having problems with explorer.exe for a few days, which is very slow and often freezes and restarts unnaturallysince the update april 29, where every time I shut down and turn on the PC it always gets windows ready, I've tried a number of ways starting from windows...
  5. Windows 10 extreme boot error problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Extremely Slow Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Startup: Dell Inspiron 5759 16 gigs of RAM - plenty of disk space - start up takes 5-10 minutes I have completed all the normal stuff - updates, system file checker DISM, and anything I have read or heard of Both the system file checker and DISM says everything with the OS is good...
  7. Windows 10 icons loading extremely slowly at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 icons loading extremely slowly at startup: I`m using windows 10 pro with an NVME ssd drive but @ windows bootup desktop icons load very slowly.Pls assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-icons-loading-extremely-slowly-at/cccc1a1d-e841-4263-b16f-4af381352864
  8. Extreme problems on new Windows 10 installs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extreme problems on new Windows 10 installs: This is what happens on my windows 10 installs on a brand new drive with the official ISO of Windows. I can't remove programs, I can't click almost any context windows within like to Uninstaller, it just keeps clicking and does nothing. https://youtu.be/CE0PVdEZTgU...
  9. Extremely Slow and Random Startup

Extremely Slow and Random Startup: Hello, I have just run into an issue where I restarted my PC and for some reason, it would take forever to even load to the desktop where normally its 30 seconds. First I went ahead and did a few more restarts(had to force restart since start menu did not work). Each time...
  10. Windows 10 extremely slow on startup

Windows 10 extremely slow on startup: I have a 256 gig SSD with 88 gig free (not part of the profile). I upgraded to Windows 10 two weeks ago. Everything seemed fine until Monday morning when it went into repair mode on startup. I had to reinstall from the media DVD. Afterward, when it started, it was so slow...