Windows 10: Extreme RAM Usage from explorer for only one user profile

Discus and support Extreme RAM Usage from explorer for only one user profile in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have a user who had an issue where explorer.exe would use around 4-6 gigs of RAM. So I reinstalled Windows which solved the issue for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Miguelrmdj, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Extreme RAM Usage from explorer for only one user profile

Hi Everyone,

I have a user who had an issue where explorer.exe would use around 4-6 gigs of RAM. So I reinstalled Windows which solved the issue for about a day. The problem comes back but only on his profile. My admin profile and normal account do not have this issue. Booting into safe mode did not help. Actually opening a window in explorer increases the RAM usage to about 8-10 gigs. The machine has 32 gigs of RAM. I took out and replaced the RAM sticks but this also did nothing.

I have checked Group policies, scripts (even removing them all) and have updated everything including Windows to 1903 Enterprise. The machine actually blue screens sometimes with the "critical process has died" error which i assume is due to the RAM being used up. (Error code is vague to me).

The desktop is a Dell T3600 Xeon with a P4000 GPU but I suspect this has nothing to do with the solution. I have no more ideas on how to aid the user. I cant see anything network related or end user related that is doing this.

Is there anywhere else I could look?

Thanks for the help.

:)

Miguelrmdj, Nov 20, 2019

2. Extreme Ram Usage!

Extreme Ram usage and would like to know why or if anyone else is having the same Issue Leader of the Group is Antimalware Services Executable (67.1MB) Followed By Service Host Local System (43.1MB), Windows Search Indexer, and Cortana, Which I have never
    set up for use (38.1MB) I am running 6Gigs Ram and the machine is using 50% What and Why?

EricJenson, Nov 20, 2019
  3. RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable

I gave you steps to check the baseline integrity of your install, account and RAM. This checklist will often find and fix problems with resource usage. So please complete all steps and report back results.

Please do not skip any steps. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step. If you need help performing any step I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Nov 20, 2019
  4. eshiejamz Win User

Extreme RAM Usage from explorer for only one user profile

eshiejamz, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Extreme RAM Usage from explorer for only one user profile

1. Extreme RAM Usage from explorer for only one user profile - Similar Threads - Extreme RAM Usage

2. extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service: the only thing i have on my pc that is currently open is google, yet gamedvr and broadcast user service has around 3 gb of memory being used up for no reason. ive disabled "remember this is a game" setting on the game bar and ive also disabled record in the background when...
  3. extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service: the only thing i have on my pc that is currently open is google, yet gamedvr and broadcast user service has around 3 gb of memory being used up for no reason. ive disabled "remember this is a game" setting on the game bar and ive also disabled record in the background when...
  4. DWM Extreme ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DWM Extreme ram usage: I've already checked a lot of FAQs, threads for this issue, asking to user to update drivers or reset their PCs, making new user account.I tried them, didn't help. I want a simple guide or a script to prevent dwm from using more than 2GB of ramreached7.9GBs before it crashed...
  5. DWM Extreme ram usage

DWM Extreme ram usage: I've already checked a lot of FAQs, threads for this issue, asking to user to update drivers or reset their PCs, making new user account.I tried them, didn't help. I want a simple guide or a script to prevent dwm from using more than 2GB of ramreached7.9GBs before it crashed...
  6. Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile

Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile: Hi, I had one profile that could not use because explorer process repeatly restart and made unusuable the desktop.. On others or new profiles all works fine.. the problem is only on one profile the most usedI updated from 1809 to the last version 21h2, no 3rd party...
  7. Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile: Hi, I had one profile that could not use because explorer process repeatly restart and made unusuable the desktop.. On others or new profiles all works fine.. the problem is only on one profile the most usedI updated from 1809 to the last version 21h2, no 3rd party...
  8. Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Extremely high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely high RAM usage: How does Windows take 5GB out 8GB of RAM on idle? I've disabled runtime broker and many other ram intensive programs and it's still that high. I don't have any game launcher or anything. ‍♂️I'm honestly so confused. ‍♂️ submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments]...
  10. Extremely high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely high RAM usage: https://imgur.com/a/uIjlPQi Been having this problem for ages and I still don't know what's causing it. Sometimes I boot up my computer and it seems fine and sometimes I boot it up and this happens, where on idle, it is using over 97% of my RAM. I've tried updating drivers...