Windows 10: Extreme random scratchy feedback while using Airpods with Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Extreme random scratchy feedback while using Airpods with Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; An update or two ago my airpods suddenly get extremely scratchy at random times. It was never an issue for a long time, but recently i'll be listening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zardmander, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Extreme random scratchy feedback while using Airpods with Windows 10 laptop

An update or two ago my airpods suddenly get extremely scratchy at random times. It was never an issue for a long time, but recently i'll be listening to music and it just starts distorting and scratching really bad. Doesn't happen with my phone, its only my work laptop running Windows 10.

I've tried reinstalling bluetooth drivers, I've checked for any updates to drivers, etc etc. And nothing seems to help. Also any google search if people just suggesting the same things so again no help..

Does ANYONE have ANY kind of advice or anything I could try to fix this? Is it just Apple and Microsoft not playing nice? I don't have any other devices outputting a signal near me that would cause this. As well as my laptop connects to a 5 GHz signal so its not crossing the 2.4 GHz I've heard can cause this issue? Read that somewhere but unsure if its true. Either way it shouldn't be an issue since my work wifi is 5GHz.

If it makes any difference I use Spotify for the music itself.

submitted by /u/zardmander
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zardmander, Oct 22, 2020

2. Airpods Windows 10 super loud - #2

Have same problem as identified in other questions. Airpods on Windows (new Lenovo Yoga Pro) extremely loud. Have slider at 2. Tried all prior suggestions.

ScottKushner, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Airpod sound extremely low on pc

I have a pair of apple airpods that i love and have been using for a while now. Suddenly, yesterday, i noticed i wasn't hearing anything out of them on my pc. I discovered that i can just barely hear sound when i turn the volume all the way up to 100. It
    seems to be a windows issue seeing as how my airpods work with my iphone perfectly fine. I've looked up many different solutions and none of them have worked. I tried going into my Device Manager and doing a roll back on my airpods driver update but it was
    grayed out and it wouldn't let me. It gives me 2 options of airpod audio, i can either choose Airpods stereo, which is extremely quiet, or Airpods Hands-free which sounds extremely crackly and terrible quality but volume is good. I've tried everything simple
    as far as disconnecting and reconnecting my airpods, removing them and adding them again, but i'm having no luck. I'm getting really annoyed as i listen to podcasts throughout most of my free periods every day at school and now i'm stuck in silence. Please
    if anyone knows any fixes try to help a brother out.

Noah Liechty, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Extreme random scratchy feedback while using Airpods with Windows 10 laptop

AirPods paired but won't connect.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand, Human Interface Devices.
    3. Look for AirPods Audio/Video Remote Control HID and
      AirPods Hands-Free Call Control HID, right click on each entry and select
      Properties.
    4. Go to the Power Management Tab, clear the checkbox for
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    5. Also, repeat step 4 for Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID.
    6. Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Extreme random scratchy feedback while using Airpods with Windows 10 laptop

1. Extreme random scratchy feedback while using Airpods with Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Extreme random scratchy

2. Airpod sound extremely low on pc when microphone used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpod sound extremely low on pc when microphone used: I've noticed recently after some windows update that my Airpods pro gen 2 generate extremely low sound, but only when I'm on Zoom/Skype where also my microphone is being used. If I switch the use of the microphone from Airpod to some other mic, the sound volume on Airpods...
  3. Airpod sound extremely low on pc when microphone used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpod sound extremely low on pc when microphone used: I've noticed recently after some windows update that my Airpods pro gen 2 generate extremely low sound, but only when I'm on Zoom/Skype where also my microphone is being used. If I switch the use of the microphone from Airpod to some other mic, the sound volume on Airpods...
  4. Laptop gets extremely laggy randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop gets extremely laggy randomly: Hi,My laptop which is running windows 10 will randomly get extremely laggy and will only go away after about 30 seconds of waiting or by unplugging and replugging in the power cord. This tends to happen when I'm gaming, but has happened with all kinds of apps. When I'm gaming...
  5. Laptop gets extremely laggy randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop gets extremely laggy randomly: Hi,My laptop which is running windows 10 will randomly get extremely laggy and will only go away after about 30 seconds of waiting or by unplugging and replugging in the power cord. This tends to happen when I'm gaming, but has happened with all kinds of apps. When I'm gaming...
  6. Laptop gets extremely laggy randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 locking randomly while in use

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 locking randomly while in use: Hello, I have my grandmothers Laptop and she is complaining that during solitaire or using the internet the computer will lock on her and say something like your PC is locking now, and i have tried driver updates, windows was up to date, ran windows security and found...
  8. Airpod sound extremely low on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpod sound extremely low on pc: I have a pair of apple airpods that i love and have been using for a while now. Suddenly, yesterday, i noticed i wasn't hearing anything out of them on my pc. I discovered that i can just barely hear sound when i turn the volume all the way up to 100. It seems to be a windows...
  9. Random BSODs while using laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs while using laptop: So I reinstalled Windows like a month ago due to issues. Everything has been fine, however a few weeks ago, I started to get BSOD's while using the computer! It would just happen at random. However now, it bluescreens after logging back in from being in sleep mode. It did it...
  10. Random Black Screens While Using Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Black Screens While Using Laptop: Before I begin, I want to note that my computer, just this past week, got upgraded to build 1607 of Windows 10 and a couple batches of updates installed in the next couple of days. At the moment, I have disabled updates because I am trying to see if I can produce my errors...