Windows 10: Extremely Annoying Keyboard Shortcut that is messing me up really bad

Discus and support Extremely Annoying Keyboard Shortcut that is messing me up really bad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having a recent problem on my Windows 10 PC where a keyboard shortcut seems to trigger a bunch of random things to open. I believe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sam12121212, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Extremely Annoying Keyboard Shortcut that is messing me up really bad

Hello,

I've been having a recent problem on my Windows 10 PC where a keyboard shortcut seems to trigger a bunch of random things to open. I believe this is tied to the Microsoft Office shortcut Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Win but a lot worse. This event is so random that I can't even seem to identify what keys I actually hit in the event that this actually happens. However, the shortcut that I am hitting triggers a ton of random things to happen that I am about to list. 1 - It opens my browser and opens 8 SEPERATE TABS of Microsoft Office yes, exactly 8 every time 2 - Microsoft Powerpoint application gets opened 3 - Windows control pannel gets opened to system settings 4 - I get muted on discord Which is a keybind I have set to Ctrl+M.

My guess is that some weird keyboard shortcut triggers a bunch of keys on my keyboard to be pressed which results in all the applications being opened. It's always the same applications that open, exactly the way I described it, and I haven't had any success with identifying what keys are actually causing this to happen.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I have done research and can't find anybody with this issue and it's beyond any type of strange and annoying that I have ever seen before.

:)

Sam12121212, Apr 6, 2021

2. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Keyboard shortcuts not really working

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you. Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1. You are using the keys on which application or website?

2. What did you mean when you say, “disable” the shortcut?

3. Are you facing the similar issue on the On screen keyboard?

4. Did you create a keyboard shortcut with these keys?

I suggest you to check if you are facing similar issues on the On screen keyboard. Type OSK on the search bar to access the
    On screen keyboard. These are basic alphabets on the keyboard and no such shortcut is present on Windows 10. For details about keyboard shortcuts on Windows 10, please refer the article below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the update, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Extremely Annoying Keyboard Shortcut that is messing me up really bad

Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Extremely Annoying Keyboard Shortcut that is messing me up really bad

1. Extremely Annoying Keyboard Shortcut that is messing me up really bad - Similar Threads - Extremely Annoying Keyboard

2. Shortcuts alignment is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts alignment is messed up: My shortcuts used to be directly above the taskbar back in Window 10, ever since the update, the taskbar has this huge gap preventing the shortcuts to be where I want them to be. How to fix it?...
  3. Shortcuts alignment is messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts alignment is messed up: My shortcuts used to be directly above the taskbar back in Window 10, ever since the update, the taskbar has this huge gap preventing the shortcuts to be where I want them to be. How to fix it?...
  4. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really messed up: So about a week ago my built in display was not working. So I had to delete my display adapters in device manager and reinstall them. It made my built in display work but I couldn't use external monitor, so I downloaded the Nvidia rtx3060 drivers for laptop and it made my 2nd...
  5. I really messed up

I really messed up: So about a week ago my built in display was not working. So I had to delete my display adapters in device manager and reinstall them. It made my built in display work but I couldn't use external monitor, so I downloaded the Nvidia rtx3060 drivers for laptop and it made my 2nd...
  6. Upgrade to Win 11 has really messed me up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Win 11 has really messed me up.: I am so disappointed after having upgraded to Windows 11.. The upgrade has only made by life miserable. I thought Win 11 would just make improvements over what I had with Win 10. Instead, Win 11 took away many of the necessary and important features and configurations that I...
  7. Upgrade to Win 11 has really messed me up.

Upgrade to Win 11 has really messed me up.: I am so disappointed after having upgraded to Windows 11.. The upgrade has only made by life miserable. I thought Win 11 would just make improvements over what I had with Win 10. Instead, Win 11 took away many of the necessary and important features and configurations that I...
  8. Computer badly messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer badly messed up: I'll get straight to the point to not bother you with unneeded information.I tried factory restarting my Windows 11 computer with the reset settings Remove everything > Local reinstall > Clean data, Delete files from all drivesThen I got the message "There was a problem...
  9. Computer badly messed up

Computer badly messed up: I'll get straight to the point to not bother you with unneeded information.I tried factory restarting my Windows 11 computer with the reset settings Remove everything > Local reinstall > Clean data, Delete files from all drivesThen I got the message "There was a problem...
  10. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    I really messed up: Sorry that this is long and not that well worded I really messed up. So from the beginning. I bought a pc from one of my friends on Friday. (Specs: cpu: Intel i7 4790, gpu: nvidia geforce gtx 970, motherboard: gigabyte z97 hd3, and Windows 10 home, originally...