Windows 10: Extremely bizarre Problem since update

Discus and support Extremely bizarre Problem since update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; To sum up my bizarre problem: I have a dedicated "recording" machine with an Intel Xeon and an older r9 280. Recording with OBS works fine I can even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/0hMyBot, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Extremely bizarre Problem since update

To sum up my bizarre problem:

I have a dedicated "recording" machine with an Intel Xeon and an older r9 280. Recording with OBS works fine I can even use the built in encoder in the r9 280.

However since a normal Windows update I can't play back ANY video files. VLC will crash, YouTube Videos in Edge won't load, Chrome will crash. (Only when attempting to watch a Video)

I tried everything, reinstalling windows, reinstalling the driver, not installing the driver but regardless I can't play back any video file. It can't be the GPU since OBS and recording files itself works fine, it's just that I can't play any of them.

If any of you can help me, I'd appreciate it greatly!

submitted by /u/0hMyBot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/0hMyBot, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Barman58 Win User

Bizarre video problem persists after formats

As the Issue has returned I can only suggest that you follow the advice I gave earlier to use the DDU program to completely remove all traces of the existing driver (The remove Driver files in the OS removal option can leave some remnants that may, or may not, cause future (the current), issues

Bizarre video problem persists after formats - Windows 10 Forums

Barman58, Nov 4, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 4, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Extremely bizarre Problem since update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Extremely bizarre Problem since update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Extremely bizarre Problem since update

1. Extremely bizarre Problem since update - Similar Threads - Extremely bizarre Problem

2. Bizarre audio problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre audio problem.: I am experiencing a complete cut from my audio, among other coinciding issues, after using my computer for 5-7 minutes after restart. The problem is resolved temporarily when I reset my computer, however after a short while, my output ceases to play from all audio devices....
  3. Bizarre audio problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bizarre audio problem.: I am experiencing a complete cut from my audio, among other coinciding issues, after using my computer for 5-7 minutes after restart. The problem is resolved temporarily when I reset my computer, however after a short while, my output ceases to play from all audio devices....
  4. Bizarre driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bizarre driver problem: I'm sort of at the end of my rope trying to figure this one out so I'd appreciate any insight.Not too long ago my laptop's touchpad began clicking when tapped despite my having disabled that a long time ago. It was also active while my mouse was plugged in which was another...
  5. Bizarre driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre driver problem: I'm sort of at the end of my rope trying to figure this one out so I'd appreciate any insight.Not too long ago my laptop's touchpad began clicking when tapped despite my having disabled that a long time ago. It was also active while my mouse was plugged in which was another...
  6. Bizarre driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bizarre Font Installation problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre Font Installation problem: Hey fam So some really bizarre shit is happening to me, and I'm at the end of my rope after basically none of my solutions, or the ones I was able to find online have worked. The type of problem I'm having is so niche I'm not even sure how to word it in Google to find the...
  8. Bizarre search bug since 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre search bug since 1909 update: I realise 1909 has a few search issues but I've not seen anyone else have this exact bug so I'm not really expecting help (though it'd be really appreciated), but I'm more sharing this in case others DO have the issue and this will let them know they're not alone.. If I use...
  9. A bizarre problem

in Windows 10 Support
    A bizarre problem: I've had this problem for a while now. The buttons on my taskbar don't work. launching programs works fine, but opening the start menu, volume controller, wifi controller, search do nothing. no errors, no complaints, no freezing. Just. Nothing. Ive been making do with the run...
  10. Computers extremely slow since 1607 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computers extremely slow since 1607 update: We have two identical laptops in this household and the same problem has been happening on both of them. Since the Anniversary update 1607 (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3189866)), the computers have been ridiculously slow and running...