Windows 10: Extremely distorted sound when making calls from PC via Bluetooth with Your Phone App....

Discus and support Extremely distorted sound when making calls from PC via Bluetooth with Your Phone App.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tHeSiD [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tHeSiD, Feb 14, 2021.

1. /u/tHeSiD Win User

Extremely distorted sound when making calls from PC via Bluetooth with Your Phone App....

/u/tHeSiD, Feb 14, 2021
  2. bradavon Win User

Your Phone App: Ringtone and Call quality terrible?

Hi,

Anyone help with this? Thanks.

Windows 10 version: 1909 (Build: 18363.815)
    Your Phone App version: 1.20041.85.0
    Your Phone Companion Link to Windows app version: 1.20041.82.0
    Link to Windows Service version: 1.0.5.2.30

Samsung Galaxy S10: Android 10 / OneUI 2.1

It worked fine using my Surface Pro 4 but on my new Surface Pro X the Ringtone and Call Quality through the Your Phone app are terrible: Constant crackling, tapping whatever you want to call it. Kind of like coins being dropped.

All other aspects of Your Phone work wonderfully.

I've tried:

Phone:

1. Bluetooth: Unpairing the Surface Pro X
    2. Your Phone Companion App: Clearing Application Data/Cache
    Surface Pro X:

1. Settings -> Bluetooth: Unpairing the phone
    2. Settings -> Phone: Unlinking the phone
    3. Settings -> Apps: Your Phone App: Repair and Reset
    I then set it all up again which went through all fine.

I've also tried:

1. Device Manager -> All Bluetooth Drivers -> Update Driver
    2. Paired a Bluetooth speaker to my Surface Pro X. This works fine.
    I suspect the issue is related to the Your Phone App and Bluetooth but don't know where to check next?

Because the crackling noise seems to be bluetooth related.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

Thanks

bradavon, Feb 14, 2021
  3. flurgx Win User
    Making Bluetooth phone calls

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if it´s possible to link my phone via bluetooth to my win10 laptop and also make phonecalls etc ...
    I saw it working with AppleBook and iPhone .. so i wonder what MSs strategy for the hyperconnected world is?!

Is it possible? Or still not?

OK found it, Make calls on your Android phone (from your computer)
    Edit2: hm no ok, this just makes calls, lets my dial numbers, but i can not hear nor talk via my laptop ... ARRRGHHH

please help

flurgx, Feb 14, 2021
  4. scott1029 Win User

Extremely distorted sound when making calls from PC via Bluetooth with Your Phone App....

Making Bluetooth phone calls

Hi,

In windows 7 you could pass phone call audio through your PC via Bluetooth. This seems to have been removed from 10. Has anyone found a work around?

Thanks

scott1029, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Extremely distorted sound when making calls from PC via Bluetooth with Your Phone App.... - Similar Threads - Extremely distorted sound

2. Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls": I keep getting this error while trying to make calls, before someone copy-pastes what the trouble shooter page says, I've already uninstalled those apps and am unsure of what could be causing it....
  3. Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls": I keep getting this error while trying to make calls, before someone copy-pastes what the trouble shooter page says, I've already uninstalled those apps and am unsure of what could be causing it....
  4. Issue with Phone Companion App "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls"

Issue with Phone Companion App "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls": Greetings,I have been through all the posted troubleshooting techniques to solve this issue. My phone and PC are connected however the app still is not able to make calls, etc. due to an apparent conflict with another PC app. This vague statement is very discouraging. I have...
  5. Your Phone apps prevent you from making calls

Your Phone apps prevent you from making calls: Hi, I cannot make calls in the Your Phone app. I keep getting the message 'Youhave apps installed that prevent you from making calls' but I have no other apps on my computer like PhoneWise or Dell Mobile Connect. PhoneWise was preinstalled, but it is now uninstalled. What...
  6. Your Phone App - bluetooth drops when making calls

Your Phone App - bluetooth drops when making calls: Hi All I´ve configured Your Phone App to make calls from the computer and it works great as long I don´t have a Bluetooth headset connected to the computer. While with wired headset and during the call I see on the phone that audio is being forward via BT to the computer...
  7. Your Phone App - Difficulty with making calls from desktop

Your Phone App - Difficulty with making calls from desktop: I have downloaded the "Your Phone App" on my Dell Inspiron 15 with great expectations of being able to take and make calls directly off my laptop. My first test call worked beautifully with me being able to hear the recipient clearly over my laptop speakers and him hearing...
  8. Your Phone APP call sound garbled

Your Phone APP call sound garbled: While working on my surface Pro X I'm able to answer texts just fine. When calls come in I can answer from my laptop but the audio is garbled. It sounds like someone talking through a voice changer. The callers report that they can hear me just fine. Is there a fix for...
  9. Cannot Make Call with Your Phone App

Cannot Make Call with Your Phone App: My your phone app is working i'm not getting the option to call in it and even it is connected to my phone [Original Title: Your phone app] * Moved from Research...
  10. Making Bluetooth phone calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Making Bluetooth phone calls: Hi, In windows 7 you could pass phone call audio through your PC via Bluetooth. This seems to have been removed from 10. Has anyone found a work around? Thanks 49651