Windows 10: Extremely high hardware reserved ram

Discus and support Extremely high hardware reserved ram in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I just recently upgraded my PC's mobo ram and cpu. My issue with is windows is reserving 8.1GB of ram. I updated the bios to the latest, and made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenCano, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Extremely high hardware reserved ram

Hello I just recently upgraded my PC's mobo ram and cpu. My issue with is windows is reserving 8.1GB of ram. I updated the bios to the latest, and made sure all drivers are up to date. I check on msconfig for anything there its all correct. I'm unable to use over half of my ram I do not have no idea whats going on. Both sticks are being detected and it doesn't matter if I switch them around it still detects correctly as 16GB. Current bios version B450MH4_3.10. This is a fresh reinstall of windows 10, the first time I switched all my old hardware windows showed the same thing minus fresh install and the default bios. Extremely high hardware reserved ram 16a05ad0-7c58-4b47-a828-15ccead1802a?upload=true.png

:)

StevenCano, Jan 23, 2020
  2. MayDay_960, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Hardware reserved ram is to high

My computer has 8 gigs of ram installed, and only 3.9 usable, I am running a 64 bit OS of windows 10, and its utilizing 4.1 gigs of ram for hardware reserve, how do I free up some of it or even see what it is that's using it all?

Bchristian1992, Jan 23, 2020
  4. kvjoshi Win User

Extremely high hardware reserved ram

Hardware Reserved Ram usage is high

Hello,

my configuration is MOBO gigabyte GA970

FX 8350 processor

GTX 1060 6GB GPU

24 GB corsair vengeance ram

latest RS5 build of fast insider ring. win 64

I recently saw that my hardware reserved memory shot up to 8 GB while there was only 16GB attached to the PC in DIMM 1/3.

I tried changing the dims but no change .

I added another 8 GB ram stick in and still the hardware reserved memory is same I tried the BIOS Update which was already uptodate , tried changing the maximum memory in msconfig. but still no change.

kvjoshi, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Extremely high hardware reserved ram

1. Extremely high hardware reserved ram - Similar Threads - Extremely high hardware

2. Windows 8.1 Hardware Reserved RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 Hardware Reserved RAM: Why is my hardware reserved so high? My windows 8.1 is not activated, but my hardware reserved is 5.4 GB out of 8 GB. I tried MSCONFIG but that did not work because the 2 boxes were already unchecked....
  3. Half Ram is in Hardware reserved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Half Ram is in Hardware reserved: I've tried Multiple different solutions and non of them seem to solve the issue. Everywhere in windows it says I have 16GB of memory installed but only 7.94 Usable the rest in hardware reserve.this happens with another working kit of ram. it only happens when 2 sticks are...
  4. 2.1GB Hardware Reserved RAM

2.1GB Hardware Reserved RAM: I've had 2100MB hardware reserved memory ever since I got my PC. I've tried Run maintenance task Setting maximum memoryMSConfig > Boot to 0 and turning it off Booting in Safe ModeIt was still reserved I've also tried checking the BIOS, but I couldn't find anything...
  5. Extremely high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely high RAM usage: How does Windows take 5GB out 8GB of RAM on idle? I've disabled runtime broker and many other ram intensive programs and it's still that high. I don't have any game launcher or anything. ‍♂️I'm honestly so confused. ‍♂️ submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments]...
  6. Extremely high RAM usage

Extremely high RAM usage: https://imgur.com/a/uIjlPQi Been having this problem for ages and I still don't know what's causing it. Sometimes I boot up my computer and it seems fine and sometimes I boot it up and this happens, where on idle, it is using over 97% of my RAM. I've tried updating drivers...
  7. Hardware Reserved Memory in RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware Reserved Memory in RAM: I am using a DELL 660s PC, the time I brought it, it had 5.8GB usable out of 6 GB RAM which was onboard. This year I added an SSD and made it my main drive, now I see that it has only 5.6GB usable out of 6 GB RAM, since my workload increased, I increased the RAM to 8GB, but...
  8. Ram hardware reserved

Ram hardware reserved: I have a small problem, in my desktop PC I have 16 gb ram DDR 4, and that's ok, but one day I decided to add additional 8 gb, and there is a problem, bios seeing all 24 gb but windows decided to reserve 12 gb. How to solve this? Thanks in advance. My system: Mb: ASRock b450...
  9. Hardware Reserved Ram usage is high

Hardware Reserved Ram usage is high: Hello, my configuration is MOBO gigabyte GA970 FX 8350 processor GTX 1060 6GB GPU 24 GB corsair vengeance ram latest RS5 build of fast insider ring. win 64 I recently saw that my hardware reserved memory shot up to 8 GB while there was only 16GB attached to the PC...
  10. Half RAM allocated to "Hardware Reserve"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Half RAM allocated to "Hardware Reserve": Hello everyone. I really hope you can help me. I'm at the end of my rope. First off, my specs: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 mobo AMD FX 8350 CPU 2 x G skill 4 GB sticks EVGA 660 Ti GPU OS on SSD 2 x 1 TB mechanical drives Only half my RAM is showing as usable. The rest is...