Windows 10: Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak

Discus and support Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] OK so for the past few weeks I've been having problems with high memory usage. As you can see here with no applications open it's running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sou66, Jul 19, 2020.

1. /u/sou66 Win User

Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak

Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak Qp4JJbEyu-ddYui_qiofFUNq5y2WsQD2C6MnKz4LGLA.jpg

OK so for the past few weeks I've been having problems with high memory usage. As you can see here with no applications open it's running at 88% but with Chrome and Discord it's above 95%. My computer has 16GB of RAM and I've never had this problem before. I've scanned for malware and viruses, nothing on that front, I've done all the basic fixes recommended online such as setting the NDU start value to 4. Sometimes when restarting my PC the usage will be low at first and then skyrocket again. I can play video games but sometimes they will began to lag when they wouldn't before and I have to restart, making it work normally for a while. I am completely perplexed by what is causing this issue. My system and drivers are fully updated through Windows and Device Manager as well.

https://preview.redd.it/hpslw2fh1vb...bp&s=68f13f4b4b7397c3c6ff57a55a25b041f4f35a41

submitted by /u/sou66
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sou66, Jul 19, 2020
  2. kureoshin Win User

High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver, iaStorV.sys. How should I go about fixing the problem?

kureoshin, Jul 19, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 19, 2020
  4. khhc Win User

High Memory Usage

Dear All,

I always have High Memory Usage on my laptop as it is idling.

Please advise on how do I troubleshoot the high memory usage in order to resolve it?

Please advise whether I should be getting more RAM instead?

Thema:

1. Extremely High Memory Usage While Idle - Memory Leak - Similar Threads - Extremely High Memory

2. Memory Leak/Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak/Usage: HiJust by looking at the task manager I can see there is a high memory usage but I can't identify what program is consuming the memory. Is there another application that can help to identify what program is using excess ram? After restarting my memory usage goes back to...
  3. high memory usage on idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high memory usage on idle: task manager shows 70 percent memory usage and 5 out of 8 gigabytes on idle but it doesn't show which apps are using high memory and my system is stutteringspecs:core i5 11400h8gb ramrtx 3050windows 11 enterprise 21H2...
  4. high memory usage on idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    high memory usage on idle: task manager shows 70 percent memory usage and 5 out of 8 gigabytes on idle but it doesn't show which apps are using high memory and my system is stutteringspecs:core i5 11400h8gb ramrtx 3050windows 11 enterprise 21H2...
  5. High Memory Usage on Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Memory Usage on Idle: When my laptop is on idle, it uses more than 50% memory. I have 2 GBs of RAM. On Task Manager when I sort by highest memory usage, the only one that's using more than 50 MBs is Antimalware Service Executable. The rest of it is under 50 MBs. On Resource Monitor's Memory tab,...
  6. High memory usage in idle

High memory usage in idle: Recently as of three days ago my memory usage as gone from around 18 to 30% when in idle and roaming the web to 38 to 63%, absolutely nothing has been changed or altered within my pc I haven't downloaded anything or installed any software. It is disturbing me greatly as I...
  7. High CPU usage & Memory leak

High CPU usage & Memory leak: Hello, I've a leak memory and high CPU from lanmanServer and System ntoskrnl.exe. The system ntoskrnl.exe is on 19%-20% CPU usage all the time and the Lanmanserver is starting from 40MB RAM and will continue until the Memory usage will be full and eventually the machine...
  8. Extremely high idle memory usage

Extremely high idle memory usage: A few weeks ago now I have had the issue of my pc idling at 80 - 90% memory with a fresh reboot. I do have quite a bit of programs in startup but I doubt that's it because I have never had an issue for this. I have done TONS of research tried many methods but non of them...
  9. High memory usage at idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage at idle: [ATTACH] I've got 8Gb of RAM but after waiting like 30mins Windows start usig between 75 - 90% of my memory for no reason. Any idea about how to fix that? submitted by /u/Geoffrey_try_coding [link] [comments]...
  10. High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver: Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver,...