Windows 10: Extremely high RAM usage

Discus and support Extremely high RAM usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://imgur.com/a/uIjlPQi Been having this problem for ages and I still don't know what's causing it. Sometimes I boot up my computer and it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WizardSleeveNan, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Extremely high RAM usage

https://imgur.com/a/uIjlPQi

Been having this problem for ages and I still don't know what's causing it. Sometimes I boot up my computer and it seems fine and sometimes I boot it up and this happens, where on idle, it is using over 97% of my RAM. I've tried updating drivers but nothing seems to work. It's getting to the point where the computer is barely useable due to how slow it is. If nothing works, I'll reset windows back to factory but will this even work? because I dont want to go through the hassle of doing all of that if this problem will just occur again

Not sure what this is but in RAMMAP, the processes tab is filled with AGMservice.exe, there are loads of them. Not sure if this is normal.

Thanks

submitted by /u/WizardSleeveNan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WizardSleeveNan, Nov 30, 2020
  2. AnthonyTraber, Nov 30, 2020
  3. RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable

First of all, thank you for your response.

Second, the solutions you've given me, all relate to either the source of the issue being visible in task manager or they are solutions to bad RAM. Only the first one actually relates to the source of the high RAM usage not being visible in task manager,
    but for me, the source is not even visible in poolmon.

Also, I find it very peculiar that it says my user account is only using 1 GB of RAM the last time I checked and the system was using 4 GB of RAM.

So, I would be very if you would further help me locate the source of my high RAM usage.

Kelvin Bouma, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Extremely high RAM usage

RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable

I gave you steps to check the baseline integrity of your install, account and RAM. This checklist will often find and fix problems with resource usage. So please complete all steps and report back results.

Please do not skip any steps. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step. If you need help performing any step I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Extremely high RAM usage

1. Extremely high RAM usage - Similar Threads - Extremely high RAM

2. High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram Usage: Hi there, So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 itlo5 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows which removes all...
  3. DWM Extreme ram usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DWM Extreme ram usage: I've already checked a lot of FAQs, threads for this issue, asking to user to update drivers or reset their PCs, making new user account.I tried them, didn't help. I want a simple guide or a script to prevent dwm from using more than 2GB of ramreached7.9GBs before it crashed...
  4. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram usage: I recently shifted from from using linux to windows and out of 8 gigs of ram 6.2 gigs is used just with 4 tabs of edge and 2 light weight apps open. The cpu temp is also averaging about 55-60 degree C, although cpu consumption is not high . Is this normal for windows 10(Last...
  5. Windows 11 has extremely high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has extremely high RAM usage: Hello,Windows 11 is using significantly more RAM than Windows 10 despite Task Manager showing little usage by programs and services. After shutting down everything non-essential, such as OneDrive and all user programs/services, Windows is showing 4.5GB of RAM used out of 8GB...
  6. Windows 11 has extremely high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 has extremely high RAM usage: Hello,Windows 11 is using significantly more RAM than Windows 10 despite Task Manager showing little usage by programs and services. After shutting down everything non-essential, such as OneDrive and all user programs/services, Windows is showing 4.5GB of RAM used out of 8GB...
  7. Extremely high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely high RAM usage: How does Windows take 5GB out 8GB of RAM on idle? I've disabled runtime broker and many other ram intensive programs and it's still that high. I don't have any game launcher or anything. ‍♂️I'm honestly so confused. ‍♂️ submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments]...
  8. Desktop Window Managerdwm.exe extremely high RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Managerdwm.exe extremely high RAM usage: After resetting my windows, RAM usage of dwm.exe starts increasing after booting up my pc and in 1 hour it takes more than a GB of RAM. But, if I End Process Tree of dwm.exe from task manager or disable Windows Fast Startup everything works perfectly. What could be the...
  9. RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable

RAM usage extremely high and source undetectable: Hi, I noticed that one of my games was crashing on startup, so I started tracking down the issue. Then, I realized that my PC uses 4 GB of RAM when it's idling. However, when I go to task manager and then to "users", I can see that my user account is only using 1.5 GB of...
  10. desktop window manager extremely high ram usage

desktop window manager extremely high ram usage: I am have the same issue that is described here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/desktop-window-manager-extremely-high-ram-usage/de72f8b4-8128-485b-bdf9-5e3589e66e85 I will post the capture...