Windows 10: Extremely laggy brightness control (except built in windows slider)

Discus and support Extremely laggy brightness control (except built in windows slider) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I got an Acer Nitro 5 recently and the brightness control is *extremely* laggy when using the keys or a third party software brightness slider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThisNameIsValid27, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Extremely laggy brightness control (except built in windows slider)

Hi all,

I got an Acer Nitro 5 recently and the brightness control is *extremely* laggy when using the keys or a third party software brightness slider (I have it to control my external monitor but it also works for internal). It takes over 10 seconds to get from max to min brightness as it freezes between steps.

This applies both when mashing the keys + holding them down as well as sliding with my cursor [on the third party slider] so it definitely isnt a input setting problem. However, when using the built in windows slider (Settings / mobility center) it is very smooth as it usually is on other laptops.

Any idea what might be casuing this? My graphics drivers are up to date and the actual display driver is just the generic plug and play one. No amount of reinstalling has fixed it.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/ThisNameIsValid27
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThisNameIsValid27, Sep 19, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Brightness Control in Version 1809 Desktop?

Extremely laggy brightness control (except built in windows slider) [​IMG]

From 1809 Build 17763.557 on a laptop

From here in Settings:

Extremely laggy brightness control (except built in windows slider) [​IMG]

Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10
    Tutorial- note this refers to laptops or tablets.
    (I don't have a desktop, so someone with a desktop will most likely comment further).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/...een-brightness
    An interesting option: this free utility - although better known for volume control using the scroll wheel- also has an option for controlling brighness using a key plus scroll wheel which you can configure. (Unless something else is wrong of course)
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Sep 19, 2020
  3. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Extremely laggy brightness control (except built in windows slider)

Brightness slider or control cannot be found.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to Brightness slider missing on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. What is the exact model of the PC?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Starting with Windows 10 1903 build Brightness slider was introduced in Action Center. However, if you are using an older version of Windows 10 then you might not be able to find the slider on Action Center. I would suggest you to check and install
    all the necessary updates for you system. Refer the article
    Keep your PC up to date

However, if you are using Windows 10 1903 and the Brightness slider is missing then I would suggest you to try updating the display drivers and see if that helps. Refer the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

Additionally, you can refer the article
    Change screen brightness in Windows 10

Let us know if you have any concerns, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Extremely laggy brightness control (except built in windows slider)

1. Extremely laggy brightness control (except built in windows slider) - Similar Threads - Extremely laggy brightness

2. Brightness slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness slider: The latest update replaces the brightness slider with HDR. My laptop does not support it. Now I can't change the brightness on the screen because the slider is gone. How do I get it back?...
  3. Brightness slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness slider: The latest update replaces the brightness slider with HDR. My laptop does not support it. Now I can't change the brightness on the screen because the slider is gone. How do I get it back?...
  4. Windows 11 is extremely laggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is extremely laggy: I've been using windows 10 since 2017. My pc used to run quite fast then but suddenly windows 10 became slow and laggy over time. I tried hard reset 2 times but still the slow speed would return in a week after resetting it. Then I tried installing windows 11 on my pc and...
  5. brightness slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness slider: brand new computor out of the box, tried to adjust the brightness slider and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/8e4678e2-5b2a-48e9-a419-4675e5262856
  6. brightness slider

brightness slider: does the brightness slider in the notification box work for desktops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/3993d617-f404-4532-b90c-92941d26af92
  7. Brightness slider or control cannot be found.

Brightness slider or control cannot be found.: I have an HP AIO touchsmart and I cannot find how to make my screen brighter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-or-control-cannot-be-found/94f892c1-9dd0-4c92-85af-77c3fcd07152
  8. Unable to change brightness Windows 10 - No brightness controls/slider

Unable to change brightness Windows 10 - No brightness controls/slider: I have been unable to adjust my brightness on my laptop. It seems like anything related to the idea of "brightness" has been wiped from my computer: no brightness slider in display settings, no slider in the Action Center, can't use my keyboard shortcuts (Fn + F11/F12), and...
  9. Brightness slider

Brightness slider: I have a brightness slider I the middle of my home screen - how do I remove this please? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/80e42558-aa32-41cf-8473-e928a2275ee0
  10. Brightness slider Control in Windows 10 (1903) is Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness slider Control in Windows 10 (1903) is Missing: I have win 10 version 1903 and the Brightness slider from action center is missing as showing in the below picture.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-control-in-windows-10-1903-is/071f7e03-5a14-41ae-8850-1b067601b95f