Windows 10: Extremely loud static buzzing coming from front microphone jack

Discus and support Extremely loud static buzzing coming from front microphone jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since I updated to Windows 10 version 1909 my microphone has been letting off an extremely loud buzzing noise when recording. I've opened the PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by madlorddalek, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Extremely loud static buzzing coming from front microphone jack

Ever since I updated to Windows 10 version 1909 my microphone has been letting off an extremely loud buzzing noise when recording. I've opened the PC, checked the header is connected properly and moved it away from other wires however before the update it was working perfectly where the header and wire were. I've also reinstalled the drivers and tried the troubleshooter which can't find any problems. What may be the cause of this?

:)

madlorddalek, Feb 18, 2020
  2. telled Win User

Loud static or buzzing noise

Ever since I bought my Lumia 920 I have had problems with a very loud static / buzzing noise that comes and goes when I am playing music or other mp3 files. How do I fix this? It is driving me crazy.

telled, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Front Panel Microphone Jack Producing Static Noise

Hello All.

Recently I had built my own PC for gaming. I have my Astro A10 headset from my console to use. I had plugged the headset to the front headset jack and that works fine. The headset comes with only one 3.5mm jack, so I had to purchase a splitter. After plugging
    in the splitter to talk to my friends online, they had complained that they were not able to hear my voice and were instead hearing a constant, loud static noise. The splitter seems to allow me to hear, but not speak. I had tried to troubleshoot to see if
    it was the PC tower, plug, splitter, headset, etc. by attempting the following actions:

• Plugged the splitter to the mic jack behind the computer - microphone worked
    • Checked the driver for an update - driver up to date
    • Ran the Windows troubleshoot tool - no issues were located
    • Tried different pair of headphones (Apple earplugs because those are all I have) - still receiving microphone static
    • Made sure the AudioHD cable on the motherboard was fully plugged in - it was
    • Made sure the AudioHD cable was farther from the power source - it now is
    • Checked various Youtube videos and online threads - no success

I believe I did most of what I can do and listed what I had done. Any suggestions, please?

Thank you, All!!!!

theeRYANator, Feb 18, 2020
  4. nout72 Win User

Extremely loud static buzzing coming from front microphone jack

Static noise, a loud buzzing noise

I recently bought a Nokia 3720 Classic which I like quite a lot, especially the clean, simple looks and quality screen.

But there's something that may be or may become a problem.

When calling there's this loud buzzing static noise, a noise I myself and the people on the other end can hear very clearly and which is very annoying.

BUT - and this is the point why I am not sure if I should make an issue out of this - ONLY at a certain volume level: in all cases a simple lowering or increasing the loudness will get rid of this static.

The last time I phoned when I had this static noise, the volume was set at 4 (4 green stripes) and when I lowered it or increased it it was gone.

So my questions:

Is there anyone else who has this trouble? maybe specifically when the volume is set at 4?

Should I make an issue out of this?

And is there some explanation why lowering or increasing the volume will get rid of the static?

Thanks in advance.

Nout

nout72, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Extremely loud static buzzing coming from front microphone jack

1. Extremely loud static buzzing coming from front microphone jack - Similar Threads - Extremely loud static

2. Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound: I have a problem with the microphone. When I'm playing games on discord it works fine. But after an hour, suddenly my voice was not heard and there was only a thunderous buzzing sound and they won't stop. I've tried reinstalling Realtek drivers and it doesn't work.Please help...
  3. Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound: I have a problem with the microphone. When I'm playing games on discord it works fine. But after an hour, suddenly my voice was not heard and there was only a thunderous buzzing sound and they won't stop. I've tried reinstalling Realtek drivers and it doesn't work.Please help...
  4. Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset Mic giving extremely loud static

Headset Mic giving extremely loud static: Whenever I am on discord and I join a call or a voice channel, my mic instantly begins to give off an extremely loud static that will ruin your ears. This also happens in party chats in games such as Fortnite, it's fixed by unplugging my headphones and plugging them back in...
  6. Microphone goes static and extremely loud and painful

Microphone goes static and extremely loud and painful: I have a microphoneusb i recently bought, so yea it works normally and all but after a while it sometimes turns static, or what alot of people call earr..e, its really bad as it hurts my ears, and i couldn't risk using the microphone in calls or meetings without the fear of...
  7. Front panel microphone jack buzzing sound after Windows Update v2004

Front panel microphone jack buzzing sound after Windows Update v2004: Hi everyone, I updated to Windows 10 v2004 yesterday and the front audio jack for my microphone only made a constant loud static/buzzing noise, even when not trying to talk (no voice input was registered at all). The rear microphone jack was still working fine. I tried...
  8. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Loud Static noise from headphone jack: Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop. I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly, very loud static noise started playing over the actual audio. After about 30 seconds of that Windows even crashed saying...
  9. Front Panel Microphone Jack Producing Static Noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front Panel Microphone Jack Producing Static Noise: Hello All. Recently I had built my own PC for gaming. I have my Astro A10 headset from my console to use. I had plugged the headset to the front headset jack and that works fine. The headset comes with only one 3.5mm jack, so I had to purchase a splitter. After plugging in...
  10. Extremely Loud Screeching coming from the PSU

Extremely Loud Screeching coming from the PSU: Apart from my Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver BSODs and completely broken Windows Apps, I have recently stumbled across a new, very unnerving problem, that has so far only occured twice. I was playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive for about 3 hours, before my computer...