Windows 10: Extremely Poor Download Speed

Discus and support Extremely Poor Download Speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having many problems lately with downloads on my PC (running Windows 10 Home). Internet speed is completely fine during most times, but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nrm2202, Apr 7, 2017.

1. nrm2202 Win User

Extremely Poor Download Speed

I've been having many problems lately with downloads on my PC (running Windows 10 Home). Internet speed is completely fine during most times, but when I attempt to download anything (games, software, etc.) My download speed is AWFUL and usually ends in an error. I have tested using speedtest.net, and download speed rarely exceeds 4 or 5 Mbps, while any other device in the house when tested gets around 20 Mbps. We have called our internet provider, and they informed us that nothing seemed to be wrong with our router. I would greatly appreciate any type of help possible and ideas/suggestions on what may be causing the issue with my PC. I have tried so many different thinks online and had no success. Please help.

:)

nrm2202, Apr 7, 2017

2. WP8.1 Dev Preview extremely slow Wifi issue

I am running a Nokia Lumia 928 with Windows Phone 8.10.14157.200.

Since the update, I have noticed that the internet connection speed was slow. After checking my speeds with my wife's iPhone, which got 22Mbps download speed and 10Mbps upload speed, I was only getting ~3Mbps download speed with 10Mbps upload speeds, I
    started doing some checking of my own. I noticed that my wifi connection, no matter where I was connected (at home, work, school) I had extremely poor connection speed. My connection speed on 4GLTE, however, is at ~20Mbps.

Seems strange to me that my upload speeds are "normal" yet my download speeds are almost useless. Is this a known issue or is this something you are working on?

StewartFerrell, Apr 7, 2017
  3. EXTREMELY SLOW Internet Download Speed in Windows 10 - Program Prevents Shutting Down

Thank you for giving us the update, we hope that this would be the solution.

We'll be here if you need anymore help.

Radney Dri, Apr 7, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. How do you connect wireless or cable?

Samuria, Apr 7, 2017
  5. nrm2202 Win User
    Thanks. we have a wireless Dlink router, I do not use ethernet.

nrm2202, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Extremely Poor Download Speed - Similar Threads - Extremely Poor Download

2. Extremely poor customer service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely poor customer service: I continue to be shocked by the lack of customer support from Microsoft. When I arrange for a customer support phone call, it is not identified as Microsoft but as some unknown telephone number. Also, if I arrange for an online chat, the email confirmation lacks information...
  3. Extremely poor customer service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely poor customer service: I continue to be shocked by the lack of customer support from Microsoft. When I arrange for a customer support phone call, it is not identified as Microsoft but as some unknown telephone number. Also, if I arrange for an online chat, the email confirmation lacks information...
  4. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overall download speeds are extremely slow.: When I try to download games, the speeds are around 1-3mb/s, this is consistent with all the launchers I tested. When downloading files from the web, it's around 100kb/s. I did an internet test and I got around 10mb/s on both download and upload. On another pc it's 60mb/s and...
  5. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overall download speeds are extremely slow.: When I try to download games, the speeds are around 1-3mb/s, this is consistent with all the launchers I tested. When downloading files from the web, it's around 100kb/s. I did an internet test and I got around 10mb/s on both download and upload. On another pc it's 60mb/s and...
  6. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Extremely slow download speeds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Extremely slow download speeds: A few days ago I tried to download Forza Horizon 4 on my new pc from Microsoft store. After about a minute of downloading at 50 mb/s, my download speeds dropped to around 5 mb/s. I ran a speed test and am getting speeds of around 20 mb/s. Is there a way to increase download...
  8. My download speeds are extremely slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My download speeds are extremely slow!: For the past couple of days, my computer's download speeds have been really slow, like 200 kb. It is ok, but my computer is usually downloading at 20 mb. I have already tried everything I could find on the internet about it, and I did a internet speed test and it was fine. So...
  9. Extremely low download speed on Wifi only

Extremely low download speed on Wifi only: Since March I have had an issue with the internet speed on my HP Laptop. When I run a speed test on the WiFi the download is 0.55 and the upload is 10.6. When I plug the laptop in with the Ethernet cable the download is over 100 and the upload is 12. I have read many others...
  10. Poor download speed.

Poor download speed.: Very recently my download speed went from about 65mps to 18. Upload about 18. The hub is hard wired to my desktop. BT engineers came out and corrected a couple of line faults, no difference, so said fault in computer. I connected my tablet wirelessly which gave readings of...