Windows 10: Extremely random crashes in any game.

Discus and support Extremely random crashes in any game. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The issue as stated in the title is that games crash at random times, some games are most likely to crash then otheres, there are no errors or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DazK, Oct 29, 2020.

1. /u/DazK Win User

Extremely random crashes in any game.

The issue as stated in the title is that games crash at random times, some games are most likely to crash then otheres, there are no errors or anything, the game just closes itself which is extremely annoying. For example L4D2 and CSGO could crash 10 minutes after it opens, or last 1 hour and then crashes, Valorant rarely crashes, but once every 3 hours it could crash, I don't know exactly what did I install or do, but I've even tried with a clean windows install and nothing, I've run a memtest on both of my rams for around 6 hours and they seem fine. This is the most annoying thing i've ever dealt with and I would love some help.

Setup:

MSI B450 gaming plus

Ryzen 5 3600

2x8 Hyperx 3200mhz ram

Gtx 960 2gb

Kingston 240gb SSD

2TB Western Digital HDD

I would love any help.

submitted by /u/DazK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DazK, Oct 29, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Extremely random crashes in any game.

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Extremely random crashes in any game.

1. Extremely random crashes in any game. - Similar Threads - Extremely random crashes

2. All games crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games crashing randomly: My PC is crashing whenever I play any games. When I play MW3 it freezes and sometimes I can tab out to prevent BSOD, and sometimes I can't. Sometimes it gives me an error message, and other times it doesn't. Mini dumps here: PC CrashWhen I play EAFC 24 every time I play the...
  3. Random crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  4. Random BSOD and games crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD and games crashing: Hi! I've been having issues with my PC. Games are frequently crashing and I randomly get BSOD either while playing or just browsing chrome. I've change my motherboard and did a fresh install on a new drive and still getting issues.My PC specs;- ryzen 5 3600- 16gb gskill...
  5. Random game flickers and crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random game flickers and crashes: So when play any gamethis is Driver San Francisco, over time these things happen, it like flickers, and sometimes it just freezes. And when I play Minecraft it also does that and crashes.[ATTACH]...
  6. Random Game crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Game crashes: I am having random crashes of games on my laptop while playing on chargingIt usually crashes within 10-15 minutes.The game runs on my integrated intel graphics cardWhen I disabled amd driver in device manager and played but not on my radeon graphics card. I have reinstalled...
  7. Game randomly closing/crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game randomly closing/crashing: Hello so recently i built my gaming PC and I've been experiencing that the game I'm playing randomly closes/crashes and what i mean by 'closes' is that it just closes as if i would click the red cross or i would go to the Task Manager and ended the game task, i got a few blue...
  8. Games and Spotify Crashing Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games and Spotify Crashing Randomly: I'm trying to troubleshoot why both games that I'm playing, and Spotify are crashing recently. I've experienced this crash before, but the solution I tried this time didn't fix it. The crash is seemingly random (although possibly related to graphics/audio drivers?), the...
  9. Extremely random crashes on gaming laptop (Event ID 41 and 161)

in Windows 10 Support
    Extremely random crashes on gaming laptop (Event ID 41 and 161): Hi! I stumbled upon this website while trying to find solutions to these problems I've been having on my laptop for a really really long time now. It probably started like 6 months ago. My laptop would suddenly crash when playing very random games (Like ONLY in specific...
  10. Gaming and Random Crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gaming and Random Crashes.: Hi, After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game,...