Windows 10: Extremely Slow and Random Startup

Discus and support Extremely Slow and Random Startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have just run into an issue where I restarted my PC and for some reason, it would take forever to even load to the desktop where normally its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by forkinator, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Extremely Slow and Random Startup

Hello, I have just run into an issue where I restarted my PC and for some reason, it would take forever to even load to the desktop where normally its 30 seconds. First I went ahead and did a few more restarts(had to force restart since start menu did not work). Each time after coming to the desktop, i am unable to open some random part of the start menu, or right click on my computer and go to properties, or any programs really. For instance, the third restart, I was able to type into the search box "cmd" but nothing came up as if the file does not exist. Eventually, a black screen takes over the whole screen and i have to force restart. I tried to do advanced startup repair, it was unable to even run. After a couple more restarts I was able to come to the desktop and I decided to run sfc /scannow 5 times in a row. I do not know how to decipher the CBS.log file and was hoping someone here more experienced could do it and help me out.

Here is a link to my dropbox with the CBS.log file.

Dropbox - CBS.log

Each time during the restarts I tried to open the control panel and it would hang at an empty control panel window.

This error also comes up in event viewer. This is just 1 of the clsid's that did not register with dcom.

The server {37998346-3765-45B1-8C66-AA88CA6B20B8} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

What is causing all of these issues? I had no problems before today and I regularly monitor my event viewer and have no warnings (besides 1 that cannot be fixed and is associated with my ASUS motherboard and is harmless).

:)

forkinator, Mar 10, 2017

2. Extremely Slow Startup

No you will not lose your data.

Zine eddine B, Mar 10, 2017
  3. Extremely Slow Startup

Hello,

At what boot phase did you experience the slowness, before you enter your credentials or after ?

If before, may be caused by an outdated driver. Try to update your drivers (Wifi card, Video, ...etc)

If after you logged in, may be caused by a network issue; if you have a Microsoft account, create a local account and see if it solve your problem.

It can also be caused by slow program or service startup ...

you can also, run these command to repair you image system, if somthing is corrupted:

- sfc /scannow

- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If none of this work, you can take a boot trace using Windows performance recorder Download and install the Windows ADK

Here is a tutorial on how to take a boot trace How To Use WPR To Record Windows Boot Process

When done, share your boot trace and I'll help you analyze it.

Zine eddine B, Mar 10, 2017
  4. vgchat Win User

Extremely Slow and Random Startup

Well what I see is mostly.

Code: Primitive installers committed for repair[/quote] And at the end, there are several complains of Hashes do not match the actual file. Such as:

Code: Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-fdeploy_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.14393.0_none_b10b6234af138810\fdeploy.dll do not match actual file [l:11]'fdeploy.dll' :[/quote] Here is a answered forum thread that faced the same issues you seem to have.
    SFC some corrupt files can not be fixed

Most people in that thread quote this as what fixed it for them.

vgchat, Mar 10, 2017
  5. And at the end, there are several complains of Hashes do not match the actual file. Such as:

Code: Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-fdeploy_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.14393.0_none_b10b6234af138810\fdeploy.dll do not match actual file [l:11]'fdeploy.dll' :[/quote] Here is a answered forum thread that faced the same issues you seem to have.
    SFC some corrupt files can not be fixed

Most people in that thread quote this as what fixed it for them.[/quote] Thank you for the quick reply. I went ahead and did it and SFC was able to repair the files. I am going to try and restart the pc after i post this. Will edit if the PC is fixed or not.

could you take a look at the updated CBS.log file?

Dropbox - CBS (2).log

Thanks again.

forkinator, Mar 11, 2017
  6. tr00don Win User
    Possibly for different reasons, I experience similar startup issues about every other month with my Windows 10 Home system. Here is what I've been able to figure out so far:

- Windows 10 Home installs updates and runs indexing/search/superfetch/antimalware services upon startup, if my computer has been turned off for a few days. This will slow down everything for about 15-30 minutes, and is very annoying if I try playing through a video game. In fact, this may happen "randomly" at any moment, not only at boot time. For this reason I don't consider Windows 10 Home a gaming OS. I suspect Microsoft has been aware of this issue for a while, hence the rumors about a "game mode" (Microsoft might add ‘game mode’ to Windows 10 for maximum gaming performance - The Verge).

- My system has a RAID1 HD. Although I installed the latest Intel Rapid Storage driver for Windows 10, and I run the disk verification tool on a regular basis, and I have never had any HD file corruption problems, when I notice a slowdown at boot time (similar to the symptoms that you described) most often the disk Verify tool is ON in the IAStorUI application, despite it not being scheduled to run; if I turn it OFF then performance is immediatelly restored. Something seems to trigger it at boot time. Left ON, it completes the disk check in about 30 min and no disk error is found.

Hope this helps.

tr00don, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Extremely Slow and Random Startup

1. Extremely Slow and Random Startup - Similar Threads - Extremely Slow Random

2. Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Adapter Driver Causing PC to Startup Extremely Slow: For some time now I've been plagued by my PC taking an extremely long time 5 to 10 minutes or longer to start, restart and shut down.Once started the pc runs like a champ.Recently I did a clean install of Windows 11 and the PC start, restart and shut down was back to normal...
  3. windows 10 ethernet randomly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 ethernet randomly extremely slow: just opened my computer today and my ethernet was acting extremely slow. usually i'd get around 30-40mbps [speedtest] but today i've been getting around 1-5mbps i tested for connection problems earlier and was told my dns servers were the issue but, after redoing the test...
  4. windows 10 ethernet randomly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 ethernet randomly extremely slow: just opened my computer today and my ethernet was acting extremely slow. usually i'd get around 30-40mbps [speedtest] but today i've been getting around 1-5mbps i tested for connection problems earlier and was told my dns servers were the issue but, after redoing the test...
  5. windows 10 ethernet randomly extremely slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. My Computer's Startup is extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer's Startup is extremely slow: Hi, so first I want to preface this with the fact that I'm not amazing with computers. My friend built mine and ever since I got it, I've been having problems like the computer running slow and the startup taking upwards of 20 to 30 minutes. I've tried everything I can think...
  7. Extremely Slow Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Startup: Dell Inspiron 5759 16 gigs of RAM - plenty of disk space - start up takes 5-10 minutes I have completed all the normal stuff - updates, system file checker DISM, and anything I have read or heard of Both the system file checker and DISM says everything with the OS is good...
  8. Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  9. Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update

Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update: Hi, I see a few people are posting black screens at startup - in my case that's what I thought I had but if I let it go for a few minutes it would eventually get to the login screen. At a few other times, I got to a blue screen saying I needed to use the Recovery tools. All...
  10. Windows 10 extremely slow on startup

Windows 10 extremely slow on startup: I have a 256 gig SSD with 88 gig free (not part of the profile). I upgraded to Windows 10 two weeks ago. Everything seemed fine until Monday morning when it went into repair mode on startup. I had to reinstall from the media DVD. Afterward, when it started, it was so slow...