Windows 10: Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format

Discus and support Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We have legacy MFC based desktop application, our application is loading configurations/settings from a file, floating points are either comma or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrSat, Nov 12, 2019.

1. MrSat Win User

Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format

We have legacy MFC based desktop application, our application is loading configurations/settings from a file, floating points are either comma or decimal separated.

Our application was running quite nicely on Windows 10 until we updated to 1903 Build. Application takes a lot of time(sometime 2 minutes, if everything works fine then same application takes 3-5 seconds) at startup to load configuration/settings file & overall application behavior is also very slow.
    we tried different ways to solve the issue. At the end we found out that regional format in Windows 10 is making trouble with European languages (English-Finland, English-German etc), we concluded based on our different combinations of display language and regional format. [The following is the workaround to solve the issue]

-> If display language of windows 10 is English other than English (United States) or English (United kingdom) then regional format should be English (United states) or English (United Kingdom). [English (World) also works]

-> For other languages, display language & regional format should match with each other. For example, if German is selected as display language, German should be selected in regional format.

-> English united states & English(World) as regional format always work irrespective of display language.
    Anyone else having similar kind of issue? What would be the possible fix for this issue? Is this issue related to default encoding of files to UTF-8 encoding in Windows 10?

Is it possible that some language packs are incomplete? especially European English language packs.

:)

MrSat, Nov 12, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 12, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format

Windows Format Configuration (time)

Hi Joc,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps you to change the time format.

• Press Windows key + X key, clicking Control Panel, clicking
      Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking
      Region.
    • Click the Formats tab, and then, in the
      Format list, select the Match Windows display language (recommended)
      under Format.
    • Check if the h: mm: tt is available under Short time and
      Long time format.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format

1. Extremely slow application response becuase of regional format - Similar Threads - Extremely slow application

2. slow response to websites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slow response to websites: very slow response to click on websites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response-to-websites/4616451f-328d-43ae-bb0f-878be17fda4e
  3. Extremely Slow Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely Slow Wifi: Hello! I have Windows 10 on my PC. I have had a WiFi card in it for over a year now and have not had any problems, yet recently the WiFi has gotten extremely slow. Our WiFi network which can output 450 Mbps is only picking up about 7-25 and that's when nobody else is using...
  4. Problems with extreme sluggishness/slow response time....How to troubleshoot? SO FRUSTRATING!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with extreme sluggishness/slow response time....How to troubleshoot? SO FRUSTRATING!: I have a Toshiba Satellite L55-C laptop that is about 3 years old running WIN10 Home. I am a nerd for staying up-to-date with everything. I recently had to have a new hard drive put in. I had problems with sluggishness before this but I am very disappointed that it is...
  5. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: Entering into the game works prefect; however once selections are made and the game begins, response time is impossible. Clicking onto a number called, or the thermostat climbing and clicking onto it is the problem. Is there a solution to this issue?...
  6. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: The response time for this game isn't working as it should. When I click my mouse for example to select a number that has been called it does not respond or light up. Also the bonus prompts time is slow. Can you resolve this issue for me?...
  7. Regional Format options are limited to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regional Format options are limited to English: My use case is basic and something I always did on Win7: I want windows to display the UI in English but use regional settings to Portuguese so that date formats, money, decimals, etc, are in Portuguese format. When I go to settings > region, I can set region to Portugal...
  8. Application responsiveness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application responsiveness: Hello tenforums users! So I am using applications like Process Lasso and WhySoSlow. Sometimes when turning on and using some of applications in the Process Lasso app I can see a Responsiveness of application that it has a high usage and my laptop freezes for few secs. In...
  9. Laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...
  10. Installing extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing extremely slow: Tried moving thread but unable! See general support.. 96678