Windows 10: Extremely slow boot, problems with windows search and outlook search

Discus and support Extremely slow boot, problems with windows search and outlook search in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I'm having problems with an extremely slow boot 5 minutes or so and with outlook search with a Toshiba Kira. I also have a Surface Pro 3 and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoseCaramelo Gomes, May 22, 2020.

1. Extremely slow boot, problems with windows search and outlook search

Hi

I'm having problems with an extremely slow boot 5 minutes or so and with outlook search with a Toshiba Kira. I also have a Surface Pro 3 and the issue with outlook is the same.

So lets bring some details:

My Toshiba is an i7 with 8 Gb ram and 256 Gb SSD, running windows 10 version 1909. I have 45 Gb free space. yesterday a MS Tec Advisor told me, after hours online, that I dont have enough free space!!!!.

I finally concluded that disabling Windows search in services solve the issue 10 seconds boot, but obviously I dont want to lose functionalities and I'm guessing this is probably some update issue all updates installed for now, although there were issues with update KB4556799 and the setting "view update history" returns no history whereas updates show in control panel under uninstall an update

The issue with Outlook is already reported

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-outlook-search-reports-were-having/fe1abbce-0b95-45d8-81bd-b8951de14a94 and the workaround solved the issue, but it is not fix.

Any ideas?

:)

JoseCaramelo Gomes, May 22, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, May 22, 2020
  3. Search Question

I believe he means the search box at TPU. In that vein, neither of your suggestions worked. However, they both work quite well on the interwebs.

sneekypeet, May 22, 2020
  4. kls17 Win User

Extremely slow boot, problems with windows search and outlook search

After windows 10 update search in outlook 2013 never completes

I've run into what I think is this same issue, although I'm not completely certain that it coincides with a Windows 10 update. I set up a user on a new Windows 10 Pro box, with Outlook 2013, and he found he was unable to search his PST files. We went through the whole standard list of troubleshooting search indexing options, including rebuilding the entire search index, without success. I also copied his PSTs to another system, and ran into the same issue, which eliminates disk errors, registry junk, and things unique to his machine. What finally worked for me were these steps:

1.In Outlook, go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    2. Uncheck "outlook" and the folder under your user where your PST files are located
    3. Close Outlook
    4. Give it a few minutes for processes to exit
    5. Restart Outlook
    6. Go to Options -> Search -> indexing options -> Modify
    7. Check the items you unchecked in step 2
    8. Select something in your PST file and click search to bring up the search window
    9. Select Advanced Find from the Search Tools pulldown
    10. Perform your search.

After this I was able to search again using the quick search option at the top of the message list pane.

I suspect this toggled some internal switch in Outlook which the index rebuild didn't touch.

kls17, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Extremely slow boot, problems with windows search and outlook search

1. Extremely slow boot, problems with windows search and outlook search - Similar Threads - Extremely slow boot

2. Outlook Searching issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Searching issue: Hi this is jabad i m admin of office 365, i have my 300 client of microsoft business standard packagelast week most of user have facing some outlook search issue like when he one of mail address search but he didn't get user last mail not showing...
  3. Windows search is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search is extremely slow: Dear MIcrosoft,Indexing was extremely slow so I ran the troubleshooter and got this. I found a thread that was the same which suggested a Clean Boot which I have done but this did not help.I have an ACER Aspire 3 i7 running Windows 11. This is not the first time that I have...
  4. Windows search is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search is extremely slow: Dear MIcrosoft,Indexing was extremely slow so I ran the troubleshooter and got this. I found a thread that was the same which suggested a Clean Boot which I have done but this did not help.I have an ACER Aspire 3 i7 running Windows 11. This is not the first time that I have...
  5. Windows booting extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows booting extremely slow: Hi all,So there is a problem with my new laptop, it has been around 30 days since I brought a new laptop its a gaming laptop I mean a good one I can play any game in high to max setting with around 60+ fps but as I am a human so I am greedy, I wanted more fps so someone told...
  6. Slow Search

in Cortana
    Slow Search: Each time I log onto Windows 10, I need to run the Searching and Indexing troubleshooter and get message that the "Windows Search function is not working." Once Windows Search is FIXED it works well until I log off and then log back on later. I have to repeat the process each...
  7. Indexing - search problems on outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Indexing - search problems on outlook: My search function on Outlook did not work properly. Seem not to perform the search properly. I rebuilt the indexing and then it was perfect. After a few weeks I experience the same problem. I did perform the rebuild again and its fine again. Do I miss something here. Must I...
  8. Windows10 1909 Network Search extremely slow with new garbage explorer search.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 1909 Network Search extremely slow with new garbage explorer search.: Small business... We have our Win10 Pro desktops all of which just got 1909 after holding off the maximum feature update delay allowed by Microsoft. Came with the new search which I figured would be fixed by now since they've known about the plethora of issues since November...
  9. Outlook Search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Search: How do I turn on windows search in outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-search/63fe55d4-1c1b-46d3-8df8-f6ea5b19ec87
  10. Search menu extremely slow/not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search menu extremely slow/not working: I've removed this incredibly annoying but seemingly non-threatening virus from my laptop, but now when I search for files or applications from the Search menu (Start + S) it shows the loading dots but doesn't show anything. Before the virus, it would almost instantly find...