Windows 10: extremely slow boot up

Discus and support extremely slow boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When computer is turned on the system boot up is extremely slow what to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BettyRenz, May 14, 2019.

1. BettyRenz Win User

extremely slow boot up

When computer is turned on the system boot up is extremely slow what to do?

:)

BettyRenz, May 14, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, May 14, 2019
  3. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, May 14, 2019
  4. Gramps Win User

extremely slow boot up

Very Slow Boot

Don't really know if that's true or not. On a fast boot Windows uses the hibernation file for it to work. No harm in trying your friends suggestion. I don't use any other OS' so I'm not familiar with the impact Ubuntu has on WIn 10. Five minutes seems extremely long even for a slow-boot. If I slow-boot, or restart, it usually only takes about 1:15 or so.

Gramps, May 14, 2019
Thema:

extremely slow boot up

1. extremely slow boot up - Similar Threads - extremely slow boot

2. Extremely Slow Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely Slow Wifi: Hello! I have Windows 10 on my PC. I have had a WiFi card in it for over a year now and have not had any problems, yet recently the WiFi has gotten extremely slow. Our WiFi network which can output 450 Mbps is only picking up about 7-25 and that's when nobody else is using...
  3. PC extremly slow boot up & off after BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC extremly slow boot up & off after BSOD: So i just wanted to boot of my pc and go to bed but then get a error. This happend the second time now and i pretty much think it was because i forgot to close a programm. So after half an hour my pc did not restard. It was at 100% yet it did not restard. I read you should...
  4. Windows 10 extremely slow on RESTART but boot up from shutdown is fast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 extremely slow on RESTART but boot up from shutdown is fast: I am refurbishing a desktop machine which entails wiping the disk and installing a fairly up-to-date iso of Win10 Pro. Win 10 installed fine and was activated then run Windows Update until up-to-date. Then installed Office Home & Bus 2010 and run Windows Update again until...
  5. Windows 10 extremely slow on RESTART but boot up from shutdown is fast

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 extremely slow on RESTART but boot up from shutdown is fast: I am refurbishing a desktop machine which entails wiping the disk and installing a fairly up-to-date iso of Win10 Pro. Win 10 installed fine and was activated then run Windows Update until up-to-date. Then installed Office Home & Bus 2010 and run Windows Update again until...
  6. Windows Updates - Extremely Slow Boot, White Screen

Windows Updates - Extremely Slow Boot, White Screen: Hi, After doing updates today my computer takes an extremely long time to login to Windows 10 (1-3mins). It then boots to a white desktop with the taskbar visible, and again freezes for a few minutes. After that all seems to work fine. When I restart in safe mode there is...
  7. Laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...
  8. Installing extremely slow

Installing extremely slow: Tried moving thread but unable! See general support.. 96678
  9. Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min)

Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min): Hi, I recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 x64. The product specifications are these: Star Wars™ Special Edition Notebook - 15-an001na (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support It's a HP laptop. The boot up time close to 3 minutes goes like this:...
  10. Windows extremely slow during Clean Boot.

Windows extremely slow during Clean Boot.: Hi, I noticed that when I booted into clean boot to solve a issue with a game that seems to have solved itself I just wanted to do other stuff and the PC felt like worm or a snail, it was depressing to see that it took Paint 5 minutes to launch and I also noted that I got...