Windows 10: Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update

Discus and support Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating to Ver 2004 my I7 32 gig desktop is unusable due to glacial disk access - 1gb file transfer was going to take 1 day. Win says all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse3568, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Jesse3568 Win User

Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update

After updating to Ver 2004 my I7 32 gig desktop is unusable due to glacial disk access - 1gb file transfer was going to take 1 day. Win says all the drivers are the latest. I use this computer to edit photos and vids and right now it's a brick. I've searched online to no avail. Don't even know where to start.

:)

Jesse3568, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Carls1508 Win User

After updating to Ver 1909 my I7 32 gig desktop is unusable due to glacial disk access - 1gb file transfer was going to take 1 day. Win says all the drivers are the latest. I use this computer to edit photos and vids and right now it's a brick. I've searched
    online to no avail. Don't even know where to start.

Carls1508, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Carls1508 Win User

Thanks Jeffrey,

What ever windows upgrade to 1909 did, it did it to the disk drive. I pulled the drive and put it in another computer and get the same 300kb/s varying to about 1.5 mb/s - once in a while read speed - and 10,000 ms access. I've talked to a few others that
    have had to replace drives after the upgrade.

I have a few items on the drive that I need to get off - takes a long time -and then I will try your suggestion and download a new driver from Seagate. Seems like every time MS pushes out an update or upgrade I have to spend hours or days fixing all the
    things that no longer work right.

John

Carls1508, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Sony_2020 Win User

Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

I have been using a PC with 800 M Hz AMD Phennom II processor and 8 GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 10 for several years. It has been running great until recently it became extremely slow after Windows update since November. I noticed that the CPU and Memory
    usage changed from about 50% to close to 100%. The performance resumed after I restored the system to the earlier version. Today was the 3rd time I did this and I checked the current stable version is 1903, so I guess the problem was caused by the new update
    1909. I am afraid it will become slow again after the automatic update.

Please advise if there is a way to allow me continue to use this computer.

Thanks!

Sony_2020, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update - Similar Threads - Extremely Slow Disk

2. Extremely Slow System After Massive Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extremely Slow System After Massive Update: Ever since my Windows 10 installed a big update a week or two ago, my PC has been acting very strange. The simplest commands take forever to load the picture viewer seems to be the biggest offender. Today, when I turned on my PC, I was met with just a black screen and a...
  3. Internet EXTREMELY slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet EXTREMELY slow after windows update: I just updated to windows 10 version 1909 and then reset my pc (as i was planning on doing) After I set it back up my download for web browsing, download games and anything else has been at under 1 mb. My ping In games is also over a thousand. I’ve tried everything; DNS...
  4. Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.: Not sure if this question has been asked before, so if it has I apologize. I have a new computer about a week old. Basic's on it are a 9700k processor, RTX 2080 Super, 16 gigs and an SSD that Windows is currently installed on. When I fist got the computer everything was...
  5. Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909: I have been using a PC with 800 M Hz AMD Phennom II processor and 8 GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 10 for several years. It has been running great until recently it became extremely slow after Windows update since November. I noticed that the CPU and Memory usage changed from...
  6. Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extremely Slow Disk Access after 1909 update: After updating to Ver 1909 my I7 32 gig desktop is unusable due to glacial disk access - 1gb file transfer was going to take 1 day. Win says all the drivers are the latest. I use this computer to edit photos and vids and right now it's a brick. I've searched online to no...
  7. Windows 10 Update 1909 - after update shutdown extremly slow down

Windows 10 Update 1909 - after update shutdown extremly slow down: Hi, after the windows 10 update 1909 the shutdown is extremly slow. /dehade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-1909-after-update-shutdown/0c9e04d9-d205-45a8-a069-0beb3655d97c
  8. Wifi extremely slow after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi extremely slow after updates: I just updated to the latest Nov update and now, for whatever reason, my wifi speeds are terrible. I am getting 1.8-2 mbps on a network that I use where I was getting 50-60 mbps prior to the install. I tested this network on my iphone and ipad and I am getting 55-60...
  9. Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows extremely slow after anniversary update.: So I held back on updating to the anniversary update for a few weeks, but then starting having some problems with sleep and power, so i downloaded the update tool and updated to version 1607. My problems were solved, but now today, a few days later, I suddenly have many...
  10. Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update: Hi, I see a few people are posting black screens at startup - in my case that's what I thought I had but if I let it go for a few minutes it would eventually get to the login screen. At a few other times, I got to a blue screen saying I needed to use the Recovery tools. All...