Windows 10: Extremely slow download speeds in Steam with Windows 10

Discus and support Extremely slow download speeds in Steam with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't think it shows in Programs and Features, you'd have to open AI Suite to see if it's in there. If not at least it's one possibility ruled out. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by justicio, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Boozad Win User

Extremely slow download speeds in Steam with Windows 10

I don't think it shows in Programs and Features, you'd have to open AI Suite to see if it's in there. If not at least it's one possibility ruled out.

Boozad, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Tensenuma Win User

Yeah I didn't find it anywhere. I mean if it happens again then I can just try to investigate further but so far it seems to be corrected.. My ISP is a huge factor when it comes to my internet. Especially when I go over my DAP and have to download nightly. Sometimes it doesn't always work out as it should. I appreciate the help though. So thank you.

Tensenuma, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Boozad Win User
    You're welcome, sorry I couldn't be of any assistance.

Boozad, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Tensenuma Win User

No worries. You tried which I still appreciate. If the problem possibly persists I'll come back. I don't see a reason why it would. I installed my OS clean just like I did with win8.1 so.
    But honestly this thread helped out a lot in general. Either way though. Have a good one. *Cool

Tensenuma, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Blizzard Entertainment uses the bittorrent protocol for downloading their games and updates, so you actually get the game/updates from other users instead of directly from the Blizzard servers.

Steam on the other hand uses a different protocol for their downloads and updates and they have a server distribution network (that picks the best server based on your geolocation) and downloads from there using TCP. You have thousands and thousands of other people getting their games and updates from the same server as you, so things can be slow sometimes.

I've got 15Mbps fiber optic and even Steam downloads for me (Windows 8.1 and Windows 10) can be slow sometimes and download at like 400kb/s even though I have my downloads throttled at 1.5mb/s (downloading from Boston server).

Then again I don't have Wildblue either, I hear they were really awful at managing their networks. lol

LovingWindows, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Tensenuma Win User
    Yeah. They are Lmao. But it's the best I can do for where I live. New York though. Go figure. But. That makes sense. Sometimes I get throttled when I'm in my 'free download' zone. I almost get tempted to call them up and say Wtf? Then get offered free gb or something. It's sad that it works like that.

Tensenuma, Aug 1, 2015
  7. I imagine there are a lot of people activating and doing clean installs of Win10, then having to reload all of their games. With Steam, with their huge catalog of games, this can put a huge load on their servers during the weeks just after the Win10 release. If my supposition is correct, this should settle down in a while.

jackkistler, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Tensenuma Win User

The fact that I never thought of that. Derp. You're most likely correct. So far I haven't had the problem again. So that's good.

Tensenuma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Extremely slow download speeds in Steam with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Extremely slow download

2. Getting extremely slow download speeds for Steam since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting extremely slow download speeds for Steam since upgrading to Windows 11: It will download at 1 MB/sec and it only does that like once every 10 seconds, otherwise it's 0 MB/sec!I tried clearing Download Cache in Steam and restarting and that didn't help.I tried selecting a different Steam server and that didn't help.When I ran Windows 10 I never...
  3. Getting extremely slow download speeds for Steam since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting extremely slow download speeds for Steam since upgrading to Windows 11: It will download at 1 MB/sec and it only does that like once every 10 seconds, otherwise it's 0 MB/sec!I tried clearing Download Cache in Steam and restarting and that didn't help.I tried selecting a different Steam server and that didn't help.When I ran Windows 10 I never...
  4. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overall download speeds are extremely slow.: When I try to download games, the speeds are around 1-3mb/s, this is consistent with all the launchers I tested. When downloading files from the web, it's around 100kb/s. I did an internet test and I got around 10mb/s on both download and upload. On another pc it's 60mb/s and...
  5. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overall download speeds are extremely slow.: When I try to download games, the speeds are around 1-3mb/s, this is consistent with all the launchers I tested. When downloading files from the web, it's around 100kb/s. I did an internet test and I got around 10mb/s on both download and upload. On another pc it's 60mb/s and...
  6. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Extremely slow download speeds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Extremely slow download speeds: A few days ago I tried to download Forza Horizon 4 on my new pc from Microsoft store. After about a minute of downloading at 50 mb/s, my download speeds dropped to around 5 mb/s. I ran a speed test and am getting speeds of around 20 mb/s. Is there a way to increase download...
  8. My download speeds are extremely slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My download speeds are extremely slow!: For the past couple of days, my computer's download speeds have been really slow, like 200 kb. It is ok, but my computer is usually downloading at 20 mb. I have already tried everything I could find on the internet about it, and I did a internet speed test and it was fine. So...
  9. Download speed on one windows extremely slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed on one windows extremely slow?: My internet speed on my PC is incredibly slow. It’s showing a 0.1 mbps download speed, but the upload speed remains normal. I don’t have a wifi card installed, so i’m using the motherboards ethernet port, but I also tested it through the USB 3.0 ports with the same result....
  10. slow download speed except steam

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow download speed except steam: My download speed is very slow when i want to download something from firefox or chrome (around 200kb/s) But when i download games from steam it is much faster(1-2mb) I already did speedtests but my steam download speed is much faster than the download speed in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow download speeds blizzard