Windows 10: Extremely slow HD to HD copying in Windows 10

Discus and support Extremely slow HD to HD copying in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why does it take so much longer to copy a file from download directory on the C: drive to the file storage on the E: drive than it takes to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertFrei, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Extremely slow HD to HD copying in Windows 10

Why does it take so much longer to copy a file from download directory on the C: drive to the file storage on the E: drive than it takes to download the same file from the internet? Both are high-speed WD Black 6TB drives. This happens on multiple computers, and it has been happening even after re-install. Computers are i7 one is 5th gen the other is 10th gen. ATA connected drives, no USB involved. Both using at the latest updates of Windows 10, one is pro the other is home. It is also much slower than older versions of windows in copying from place to place on the same drive and even when moving files. FTP works faster moving files up and down to my remote web server than Windows 10 does on the local machine.

:)

RobertFrei, Apr 7, 2021

2. Recognizing usb hd dock in Windows 10

Thanks so much. Got EaseUs like you suggested. Took care of everything. Next step, reinstalling Windows 10 on a new HD. Thanks again.

BrettNesin, Apr 7, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Extremely slow HD to HD copying in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Extremely slow HD to HD copying in Windows 10

HD VDECK

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

What happens when you try to launch the app?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Uninstall and reinstall HD VDeck
    Audio Panel App

Step 1: Uninstall the audio panel App

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs & Features.
    • Look for ‘HD VDeck Audio Panel App’ from the list.
    • Right click on the App and click on Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Uninstall.
    Step 2: Install the HD VDeck Audio Panel App

I suggest you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download and install the app.

Note: If issue still persist proceed with Method 2.

Method 2: Perform a System Restore

I suggest you to perform a System Restore and check if the app works. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on System and then click on Advanced System Settings.
    • Click on System Protection tab and then click on
      System Restore
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the System Restore to the date prior to the issue.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Important: The System Restore restores the computer back to an earlier point in time, called a restore point. System Restore doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove recently installed apps and drivers and
    also reset the recently changed settings on the computer.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Extremely slow HD to HD copying in Windows 10

1. Extremely slow HD to HD copying in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Extremely slow copying

2. New 'identical' computer is extremely slow in starting up!! Improper transfer of old HD's??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New 'identical' computer is extremely slow in starting up!! Improper transfer of old HD's??: Greetings,I have purchased a 'new' refurb computer HP elite Desk 800 Mid tower replacing my identical old computer, which met its demise in an ugly power surge.This is my 'home', work related computer which I use 3-4x/week.I also have one at my office, an HP EliteDesk 705...
  3. HD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD: HiMy desktop runs really good then slows down so much all i do is search the webtried different browsers same result always getting message Microsoft page not respondingalso when the typing slows like type and then catches up after i see the lettersis there some program to...
  4. HD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HD: HiMy desktop runs really good then slows down so much all i do is search the webtried different browsers same result always getting message Microsoft page not respondingalso when the typing slows like type and then catches up after i see the lettersis there some program to...
  5. HD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. HD

HD: Hido i need a new HD for my DELL OPTIPLEX it is so unresponsive the desktop sometimes it will not respond to anything without waiting 5 min of clicking?Thank youTimmy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hd/3d7b51ed-8620-4f86-b4c9-cb5dfeb6e0dc
  7. HD

HD: What does Hard faults mean[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hd/448c7cb5-fc3f-4aa9-82ef-4240809126e3
  8. HD

HD: can the HD be bad if the memory is good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hd/2c8d725c-3fec-4fb5-a24b-17640a302c76
  9. Local HD searches slow & not completing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Local HD searches slow & not completing: Hello, I have been trying to do searches on my hard drives as in plural I have two internal hard drives one of which is a 1 TB that is divided into two partitions. The search has been painfully slow and pretty much never completing to the end to review results. I do not...
  10. slow access to hd with millions of files

in Windows 10 Support
    slow access to hd with millions of files: We have our security cameras recording to a 3 TB hard drive and it tends to get loaded with LOTS of files, well into the millions, loaded into subfolders based on camera, year, month, whether photos or videos (ex: f:\hikvision2\2017\01\photos). Access to this hard drive has...