Windows 10: Extremely slow loading times in certain games

Discus and support Extremely slow loading times in certain games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I have recently replaced the HDD in my laptop and performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and am having a problem where certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luke Parkes-Haskell, May 23, 2020.

1. Extremely slow loading times in certain games

Hello!

I have recently replaced the HDD in my laptop and performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and am having a problem where certain games simply do not load correctly and will take an extremely long time, if they load at all. One such example is Deep Rock Galactic, where I can load into game or other people's lobbies just fine and wander around, interact with stuff etc - but when it comes to loading into an actual mission the problem occurs and generally I can never join. A hardware intensive game like Borderlands 3 does not have this issue, whereas the opposite like Carcassonne does.

The issue did not exist previously on the same hardware prior to replacing the disk and performing a clean install of Windows.

I am at an absolute loss at how to solve this issue.

Thus far things I have tried include;

• Verifying the integrity of the game installations.
    • Ensuring everything in Windows is up to date now on 1909 with all available updates.
    • Ensuring DirectX and .NET framework runtimes are installed and up to date.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling latest video drivers.
    • Updating the firmware on the SSD.
    • Various tests on the SSD all seems to be in order.
    • Disabling all anti-virus software none manually installed yet, just Windows Defender
    • Adding manual exceptions to all features of Windows 10 Exploit Protection for the affected games.
    • Installing the game onto a portable HDD to see if the problem goes away it did not.

I have contacted the developer of one specific game Deep Rock Galactic directly, I have gone through online support with a Microsoft Advisor who was perfectly polite and we ran through all the obvious stuff, but his experience seemed not nearly technical enough, and I have also contact Steam for support though their response was basically 'ask someone else'.

In all cases the issue continues to persist, and I really don't know what else I could possibly try at this point. I would appreciate any assistance someone may be able to offer.

Thanks,

Luke

:)

Luke Parkes-Haskell, May 23, 2020
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, May 23, 2020
  3. COD:WaW, Slow map loading time??

I didn't suggest that so why are you asking?

EastCoasthandle, May 23, 2020
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Extremely slow loading times in certain games

Win dow get slow sometime and especially when wanting to play certain games.

Without knowing the name of the game and the brand and model graphics processor and cpu your machine use any

suggestion is just a fishing expedition.

The graphics processor is far and away the single most important component regarding gaming performance.

- SSD's are very good for Windows, but using an SSD with games is not going to help performance.

The only benefit of an SSD with games is a slightly faster loading time. Slow loading games still load slowly,

just not as slowly as when on an HDD.

BossDweeb, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Extremely slow loading times in certain games

1. Extremely slow loading times in certain games - Similar Threads - Extremely slow loading

2. Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow: Have used Clipchamp before to edit videos taken with a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone without problems of my grandson's taekwondo class. Yesterday recorded another video of his class with a Galaxy S24. Clipchamp is extremely slow loading the video shot with the S24 while the videos...
  3. Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cllipchamp loading video extremely slow: Have used Clipchamp before to edit videos taken with a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone without problems of my grandson's taekwondo class. Yesterday recorded another video of his class with a Galaxy S24. Clipchamp is extremely slow loading the video shot with the S24 while the videos...
  4. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  5. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  6. EXTREMELY SLOW boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXTREMELY SLOW boot time: So, when I try to start my PC, it takes about an hour. Then I tried to go to recovery options I disabled windows RE, so I have to boot up from my installation media. When I boot from my windows installation DVD, it hangs up at the purple background, and wouldn't show the...
  7. EXTREMELY SLOW boot time

EXTREMELY SLOW boot time: So, when I try to start my PC, it takes about an hour. Then I tried to go to recovery options I disabled windows RE, so I have to boot up from my installation media. When I boot from my windows installation DVD, it hangs up at the purple background, and wouldn't show the...
  8. All browsers loading extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers loading extremely slow.: Started last couple days, I mostly use edge and it takes forever to load a page, just did a couple test, Facebook (login page) took about 12 seconds to load, Amazon took just over a minute to load, I know it's not my Internet speed, any speed test comes out normal, if I...
  9. Slow load time in system and in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow load time in system and in games: Hi So i have a problem that my pc is slow to load things in system and maps in games. Very rare it works normally but almost always slow. I need help. Pc is pretty new i want to add. Here are my pc specs: Mobo: gigabyte b360m ds3h cpu: i3 8100 gpu: msi gtx 1050ti psu: 600w...
  10. File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow: I've been having this problem recently, I honestly dont know what it is. My computer runs smoothly, up until I open up file explorer and it basically doesn't load. It's been sitting there for at least 40 minutes. If anyone can shed some light, I would greatly appreciate it....