Windows 10: Extremely slow manual sync with windows email client

Discus and support Extremely slow manual sync with windows email client in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 mail has been problematic from the starting gate, but some items have been addressed like the ability to use HTML signatures. Other problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by greenie95125, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Extremely slow manual sync with windows email client

Windows 10 mail has been problematic from the starting gate, but some items have been addressed like the ability to use HTML signatures. Other problems seem to have been ignored. The main problem that I'm having is when I manually sync, it takes 3 or 4 minutes to sync with Yahoo mail. Others like Gmail come through immediately. This is frustrating if you are waiting for something that was just sent. Many times I log into yahoo web mail so I can see the delayed email. Logging into web mail is exactly what I'm trying to avoid by using windows mail. I see threads going back to 2015 discussing this exact same problem! Does anyone have a solution?

Another problem with win mail is that the body of some emails NEVER comes through. An example is the weekly summary I get from FlightAware.com on Fridays. Without fail, the body never comes through with the dots scrolling across the screen... in perpetuity. Yes, I've ticked the "download message and pictures" text many times. Again, I have to log into yahoo web mail to see those messages.

Last for now is that sometimes attachments do not come through, and there is no way to see in the message that there even was an attachment. I'll get a follow up email asking me if I got it, and then once again... I'm logging into yahoo web mail to see it.

Now, I admit that there's a common theme here, and that is Yahoo. However, if my Samsung phone, and my Apple Ipad can get Yahoo mail almost instantly, then I believe the issue falls back to Microsoft to correct.

I like windows a lot, which is why I've stuck with it since win 3.1. You would think that their integrated email client would be an important part of windows, but since this problem has been around since the beginnings of windows 10... perhaps not. Then Microsoft wonders why they are failing in getting people to embrace their Edge browser. If they can't get email right, I certainly won't be switching to anything else Microsoft is pushing, which includes their browser.

I know that there are other email clients, and I've used many of them, but none of them have the clean uncluttered look, and simplicity of windows mail. If it weren't for that I'd have simply dumped it, and moved on to something else.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Mike Greenwood

:)

greenie95125, Jul 9, 2020

2. Manual Sync Email on Mail Client. Build 10586.11.

Hi

I chose to "Manually Sync" email in Mail Client.

How do I "initiate" a synchronisation ?

The Counterparty, Jul 9, 2020
  3. email not syncing

Hi Angela,

To assist you better, please provide us with information below:

• Are you referring to the syncing of emails in Windows live mail or
      Mail App or mail client version of Outlook?

If you are referring to the Windows Mail App, I suggest you to follow the steps under the section
    Change your email sync duration in the below link and check if the email are syncing.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ndows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34

Hope you can sync the emails.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 9, 2020
  4. BenMS17 Win User

Extremely slow manual sync with windows email client

Windows 10 Mail app very slow to recieve mail

Hi,

I have the same problem. Sync is extremely slow - and i have done all the steps suggested with no problems show.

When I tried to manage the account or manually sync, it would take overnight and it still does not sync....

Any help appreciated.

Ben

BenMS17, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Extremely slow manual sync with windows email client

1. Extremely slow manual sync with windows email client - Similar Threads - Extremely slow manual

2. Windows 10 Email Client: Half of Emails Don't Sync!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Email Client: Half of Emails Don't Sync!: Cheerful Greetings!For the past few months, half my emails are coming in with full headings but not the actual message. How odd is it that some emails come through just peachy but many don't? This isn't just my Windows 10 email program/account... my 90 yr. old mother has same...
  3. Windows 10 Email Client: Half of Emails Don't Sync!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Email Client: Half of Emails Don't Sync!: Cheerful Greetings!For the past few months, half my emails are coming in with full headings but not the actual message. How odd is it that some emails come through just peachy but many don't? This isn't just my Windows 10 email program/account... my 90 yr. old mother has same...
  4. Explorer extremely slow navigating in cloud-synced folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer extremely slow navigating in cloud-synced folders: Windows Explorer takes exactly three spinning wheel breaks before executing the requested action whenever I click or double-click any file or folder within a cloud-synchronized directory structure OneDrive for Business, synced SharePoint directory, even Dropbox.Navigating in...
  5. Explorer extremely slow navigating in cloud-synced folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer extremely slow navigating in cloud-synced folders: Windows Explorer takes exactly three spinning wheel breaks before executing the requested action whenever I click or double-click any file or folder within a cloud-synchronized directory structure OneDrive for Business, synced SharePoint directory, even Dropbox.Navigating in...
  6. Windows Email Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Email Client: I use Outlook for my email client and have done so without a problem for twelve years. A few days ago I decided to also open a Windows email client and that is when my problem started. Once I did this all my Outlook folders where I store important emails disappeared and...
  7. Extremely slow Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely slow Windows: For some reason my Windows 10 Acer laptop has become extremely slow during the last week or so. I have run the PERFMON /REPORT and see there is a problem which I don't understand and would appreciate help with. Here is a screen print of the report :[ATTACH]...
  8. Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  9. slow download and syncing of my emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow download and syncing of my emails: Can someone tell me why my emails are so slow in downloading and sometimes the graphics take days to show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-download-and-syncing-of-my-emails/e36b6d0c-fc9e-4b3b-b467-76950bef967d
  10. Clock "slows down", yet is able to manually sync correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock "slows down", yet is able to manually sync correctly: Hello! Windows clock somehow manages to get out of sync even when the computer is up and running. For example, I now synced the clock and it went from about 12:17 to 14:05! Usually the difference is not so big, about 5-10 minutes. It also happens when I've set the time...