Windows 10: Extremely slow performance in a gaming laptop after being idle

Discus and support Extremely slow performance in a gaming laptop after being idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a weird problem that's been happening for a0 long time. I've never really found a solution so I thought I'd ask here. Whenever I leave my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tanner Gremmert, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Extremely slow performance in a gaming laptop after being idle

I have a weird problem that's been happening for a0 long time. I've never really found a solution so I thought I'd ask here.

Whenever I leave my laptop for a few minutes while powered on and then come back to it, it becomes really slow, almost unusable since it responds sluggishly. Programs freeze up and it is generally a pain to operate. I then am forced to hold down the power button to force it to turn off, then I can use it normally again until it goes idle

My laptop specs are:

8 GB RAM

Intel I7 7700HQ at 2.80 Ghz

GTX 1050 Ti

Note: nothing slows down when I am actively doing loads of multitasking, but when I leave my computer with loads of programs open and then come back to it, it becomes extremely slow and unresponsive. Does anyone know why and how to fix it?

I'm thinking that it could be a hardware issue, but I'm really not sure

:)

Tanner Gremmert, Jan 13, 2021

2. Extremely Slow Performance

One of my desktop PC's recently started performing extremely slow. What information can I provide to help address this issue?

GregCowling, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 13, 2021
  4. JuliaBee Win User

Extremely slow performance in a gaming laptop after being idle

Laptop extremely slow when plugged in

I've noticed, especially when gaming, that everything on my laptop slows down when it's plugged in and charging. Games are nearly impossible to play and it takes ages to load/navigate a webpage when the computer's plugged in. But the second I unplug it--no
    problem at all. I've found a lot of similar complaints across different platforms, but none of the suggested solutions are working for me. My power settings are all set to high performance when plugged in and cooling policy is set to active when plugged in
    (but the laptop isn't overheating, it's at ~37 celsius and the change from normal to slow is so instantaneous when I plug in the charger that it wouldn't even have time to heat up).

Is there anything I can try or am I doomed to my laptop being downright unusable while charging?

JuliaBee, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Extremely slow performance in a gaming laptop after being idle

1. Extremely slow performance in a gaming laptop after being idle - Similar Threads - Extremely slow performance

2. Slow Performance on gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Performance on gaming laptop: Hello everyone, I've been facing a frustrating issue with my laptop, specifically when browsing local files in the file explorer. The process feels agonizingly slow, taking an eternity to generate thumbnails for videos or photos. As a video editor, this is incredibly annoying...
  3. Slow Performance on gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Performance on gaming laptop: Hello everyone, I've been facing a frustrating issue with my laptop, specifically when browsing local files in the file explorer. The process feels agonizingly slow, taking an eternity to generate thumbnails for videos or photos. As a video editor, this is incredibly annoying...
  4. Extremely slow performance in a gaming laptop after being idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow performance in a gaming laptop after being idle: My gaming laptop becomes slow after I leave it for some to the point I have to forcefully power it off for me to operate it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extremely-slow-performance-in-a-gaming-laptop/4cb03d14-122c-4fd4-8301-fd6e1b4e9316
  5. Extremely slow performance in a gaming laptop after being idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow performance in a gaming laptop after being idle: My gaming laptop becomes slow after I leave it for some to the point I have to forcefully power it off for me to operate it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extremely-slow-performance-in-a-gaming-laptop/4cb03d14-122c-4fd4-8301-fd6e1b4e9316
  6. Laptop freeing up after being idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freeing up after being idle: About a month ago, my laptop started freezing up when I leave it idle for around 5 minutes or so. I have the latest updates, and about 20 GB of memory left in my ssd. Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix?...
  7. Windows Being Extreme Slow After Upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Being Extreme Slow After Upgrade.: Hello, I am a Windows 10 pro user, It is officially licensed. Some weeks before I upgraded from 4 GB RAM to 12 GB Ram. all components of my laptop worked flawlessly on 4 GB RAM. but since i have upgraded its been too slow. The explorer takes it too long too work out some...
  8. Laptop extremely slow after warranty repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop extremely slow after warranty repair: My laptop got the blue circle of death where nothing even a factory reset would fix it so I sent it back and apparently they changed the HDD which fixed it. It’s a new laptop(less then 6 months old) and it was fast before repair but now it’s so slow with nothing installed(I...
  9. Laptop Slows Down After Being In Game For A Bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Slows Down After Being In Game For A Bit: Hello everyone. I usually try to look up in the internet on pc issues and try to solve it myself despite only knowing your generic gaming related info. This time around, I can't seem to find out a solution. So for the first time ever, I decided to make my own...
  10. Laptop extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop extremely slow: Hello, I have had my lap top (make, model and specs in my system details) since Feb, and recently it has become very slow when starting up. Also after start-up it can take time for programs to load. I have taken a trace using Windows Assessment Toolkit which is here...