Windows 10: Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mujcinov, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Mujcinov Win User

Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7 laptop and after upgrading to Windows 10 it started to boot up so slow, precisely it shows Windows boot logo and after that is displays black screen about 4-5 minutes. Then I get sign in screen and everything works well. I read many solutions online as setting GPU primary and changing Power Options, also changing "regedit", but what helped me is this: 1. Go to Run with Windows key + R ; 2. Type "msconfig" and click "OK" ; 3. Proceed to the Services

:)

Mujcinov, Feb 19, 2022
  2. Babu V Win User

Extremely slow startup & wakeup

Hi,

Please follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-f0da-4696-91c2-a7f305301d3d?tm=1438892592298

Warning:
    This solution will modify the registry. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Prior to attempting these steps, you should

back up the registry for restoration
    in case problems occur.

Hope this helps.

Babu V, Feb 19, 2022
  3. Unicat Win User
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup

I have an HP Pavilion dv7 laptop. After upgrading from Windows 7 to 10. When the computer is starting up it is extremely slow, at times almost 10 minutes. When I turn the computer on I get to the screen that has the blue window with the dotted rotating circle
    below it. But after a few seconds I get a black screen & it stays on that black screen anywhere between 3-6 minutes, then I get the welcome screen, then finally I see my desktop. I also noticed that after closing my laptop, when I open it back up again, it
    stays stuck on that black screen for a few minutes before I see my desktop. There was times my Windows 7 would take maybe a minute, but never 10 minutes to startup & after closing my laptop, when I had opened it back up it automatically went right to the login
    screen, not a black screen like Windows 10 is doing.

I have seen many others complaining of the same issue, but none of the fixes I have seen has helped my computer startup any faster. I know if I can not get this fixed I am going to go right back to Windows 7.

Unicat, Feb 19, 2022
  4. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

ShashvatQZ, Feb 19, 2022
Thema:

Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

1. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Extremely slow startup

2. Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1: Hello, I updated to Windows 10 version H21H1 and the system has become extremely slow. When I click a program icon on my desktop, it takes a long time for the program to open. And even webpages take a while to open and sometimes it doesn't respond....
  3. Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 extremely slow after upgrade to version 21H1: Hello, I updated to Windows 10 version H21H1 and the system has become extremely slow. When I click a program icon on my desktop, it takes a long time for the program to open. And even webpages take a while to open and sometimes it doesn't respond....
  4. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10: I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7 laptop and after upgrading to Windows 10 it started to boot up so slow, precisely it shows Windows boot logo and after that is...
  5. Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow startup & wakeup after upgrading to Windows 10: I saw there was subject about exact problem I recently had. Since I fixed it I want to help those who still didn't find solution. So I have HP DV7 laptop and after upgrading to Windows 10 it started to boot up so slow, precisely it shows Windows boot logo and after that is...
  6. Windows Being Extreme Slow After Upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Being Extreme Slow After Upgrade.: Hello, I am a Windows 10 pro user, It is officially licensed. Some weeks before I upgraded from 4 GB RAM to 12 GB Ram. all components of my laptop worked flawlessly on 4 GB RAM. but since i have upgraded its been too slow. The explorer takes it too long too work out some...
  7. Extremely Slow Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Startup: Dell Inspiron 5759 16 gigs of RAM - plenty of disk space - start up takes 5-10 minutes I have completed all the normal stuff - updates, system file checker DISM, and anything I have read or heard of Both the system file checker and DISM says everything with the OS is good...
  8. Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update

Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update: Hi, I see a few people are posting black screens at startup - in my case that's what I thought I had but if I let it go for a few minutes it would eventually get to the login screen. At a few other times, I got to a blue screen saying I needed to use the Recovery tools. All...
  9. Extremely Slow and Random Startup

Extremely Slow and Random Startup: Hello, I have just run into an issue where I restarted my PC and for some reason, it would take forever to even load to the desktop where normally its 30 seconds. First I went ahead and did a few more restarts(had to force restart since start menu did not work). Each time...
  10. Windows 10 extremely slow on startup

Windows 10 extremely slow on startup: I have a 256 gig SSD with 88 gig free (not part of the profile). I upgraded to Windows 10 two weeks ago. Everything seemed fine until Monday morning when it went into repair mode on startup. I had to reinstall from the media DVD. Afterward, when it started, it was so slow...